Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

Btw...

To date I've lost about 45 pounds, gained 12.8 pounds of lean muscle and lost 13.8% body-fat.

Best of all, my tryglycerides have plummeted from a dangerous 470 down to 135 (and that was 3 months ago). My cholesterol is great: LDL is 104, HDL 42 and my total is 175. NO DRUGS FOR ME!

Exercise and proper nutrition is the answer. Wearing proper gear and looking great in it is just part of the fun & side-benefits.

- Steve

yeah, shorts over the spandex. keep them in a locker and you can still run in just the spandex.

I think it's a great idea for men to wear tight Spandex shorts. It makes guys like me look better to the ladies. So, keep wearing them!

I disagree dude......

Woman enjoy seeing a guys body IF he has a good body worth checking-out....simple as that.

When it comes to lycra, some woman can "take it or leave it", but I've met several woman who enjoy it and even a few who are really into it....but again: you gotta have the bod to pull it off (Hmmm....same rule applies to woman, eh?)

I've seen some guys committing major "presentation" breaches, but if you have proper padding to keep definition to a indistinguishable shape, then you're still offering some nice leg & arse action. I've seen woman go out of their way to check it out...and THAT kind of ego-stroking is the kind of motivation that helps me pass on the junk food and work-out a bit harder. Nothing wrong with that. :jump1:

Chicks dig my junk.

This thread... :D

For the record, under shorts, unless you're ridiculously buff. And even then, it better be the kind that leaves enough room to hide the shape of your junk. I know I have a few pair. I wear them under shorts, BECAUSE I HAVE MANNERS. As NBS was saying, the junk flapping all about and whatnot, it's uncomfortable.

Last edited:
As of recently, I do all my athletic stuff in compression shorts. I almost always have something over it, but make no mistake-- if I wore shirts that were long enough to cover my groin, I would wear just the compression shorts to the gym.

As of recently, I do all my athletic stuff in compression shorts. I almost always have something over it, but make no mistake-- if I wore shirts that were long enough to cover my groin, I would wear just the compression shorts to the gym.

Anyone else thinking of a remake of Grease... starring Jackie Chan? :rofl:

What's the matter, Lei, don't have a dress shirt?

well you can always tell who's trying to "present" and it can be a bit of a turn off also..I guess it depends on the person! enjoy whatever you feel comfortable in! :p

Shar...

I totally hear ya & agree with you.

I play racquetball at the local gym and sometimes we're out in the hallway when some of the spinning-class come walking by. Some (not all) of the guys really need to take a good look in the mirror and realize what they're "presenting". As one forum member put it, "Balls aren't Boobs" and I once overheard a gal saying she can tell who is or isn't circumcized....see, that's just plain wrong!

Proper fitting riding shorts should offer 2 things: compression & crotch padding. If it's tight enough to offer compression and you have padding, the area to which you are referring to is pretty much strapped, secured and reduced to a moderate/mild indistinguishable bulge: no outline! After all, there's no bone, cartlidge or anything that the body can't literally suck-in during cold weather.

Front-area aside, I've just experienced too many woman actually going out of their way to discretely check-out the legs & backside. I train with my wife's trainer Roz, and he openly gets weak in the knees when guys wear it...so how can I ignore that kind of attention? I'll take whatever motivation I can find. :D

I know you can't see the suit I'm wearing in my avatar....but it's super-comfortable, very sleek and it feels incredibly sexy. My wife & trainer love the way it looks on me and I notice some of the gals checking it out (in a good way). I only wear it while biking and if I run to the bank or market afterwards I always wear a shirt over it and I notice woman discretely checking it out....but I love wearing it, it feels great, it's a privelege to wear and no way no how I'm getting away from wearing it! I earned the bod to pull it off and it's my equivelent of your little bikini :D :D

Last edited:
yah...you had me at "balls are not boobs"...ha! too funny!!

It's only funny cause it's true...;)

I was quoting someone else, I think it's earlier-on in this thread in fact.

I think the other thing I like about the lycra is that it's very comfortable, helps define your legs and provided you don't have a gut, it sorta makes the chest & upper-body appear larger/stronger. But yeah, with shorts you can just throw on any old shirt...but with the lycra, you have to grab a shirt and really look in the mirror to see how the whole presentation is working; it's a proceed with caution fashion :D

Or perhaps the saying should be (for men)....it takes balls to wear lycra, but don't let 'em show :D

Depending what I am doing, I'll wear compression shorts under my gym shorts, swim trunks, or board shorts. It keeps your 'stuff' in the right place. Like Cosmo Kramer says "my boys need a house".

Back