Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

My b/f is one of maybe 3 buys at our gym who regularly wears spandex tights or shorts. They don't seem affected by what other wear. I don't think people talk about them either as if they do especially negatively I suspect they'd be asked to wear sweats rather than spandex. Wear what makes you comfortable and enhances your workout experience.

If you wear spandex shorts, make sure they're black. :) :p :eek:

image001.jpg

red_bike_shorts_1.jpg

LOfriginL!! that's funny...

mmm. I didn't scroll down far enough to reaize this thread had gotten serious.

I agree in that no one would really care what your legs look like. I mean you'll get some stares but not because they think it's gross but out of curiosity.

Why do sweats bother you? (just curious)

Spandex tights are designed for extreme workouts. So, nothing out of the ordinary if you wore spandex tights 24/7. I often wear tights for its support, and I think I have great legs (and butt) to so -- LOL!!!!

If you wear spandex shorts, make sure they're black. :) :p :eek:

image001.jpg

red_bike_shorts_1.jpg

I like the guy, second from right. This is one reason I picked up running and biking to see guys in tights...and which way they hang. Am I correct to assume when pointing up there is an erection?

What a weird thing to say!

But no, it doesn't mean he has an erection, it means that his member is being held in place by tight shorts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Everytime I see that pic...I just have to laugh at how awkward and uncomfortable their faces look....HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Everytime I see that pic...I just have to laugh at how awkward and uncomfortable their faces look....HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Truth be told, I think they feel at ease and very comfortable. Why wouldn't they...just won something, and showing off their jewels to the world ... and all wrapped in spandex. Admit it, you're jealous they're able to squeeze and look well endowed!

I used to have to wear a similar spandex uniform when I was about 20. I was working as a bicycle messenger and it was our compulsory uniform, black and yellow like a wasp. I felt a little ridiculous in it, but I'll tell you what, I ended up getting quite a few dates with receptionists from the buildings we delivered packages to!

I used to have to wear a similar spandex uniform when I was about 20. I was working as a bicycle messenger and it was our compulsory uniform, black and yellow like a wasp. I felt a little ridiculous in it, but I'll tell you what, I ended up getting quite a few dates with receptionists from the buildings we delivered packages to!

Regardless of gender, we all like seeing fit people in tight fitting clothes.

hey evo. i dont know what's wrong with my messenger. everyone says they are sending me messages but i'm not getting them. :( ill be home in about 20 mins and see if it works then.

hey evo. i dont know what's wrong with my messenger. everyone says they are sending me messages but i'm not getting them. :( ill be home in about 20 mins and see if it works then.

K...Hey, did you change your number? I tried to call you the other day when I was down in Dallas and couldn't get through.

Yes, for the most part, men in tights with their bulges is horrifying.

I do, however wear tights when rollerblading. The key to hiding your package, no matter what color tights you are wearing, is a dance belt.

Dancebelts have been standard wardrobe for male dancers for generations. They are essentially a padded thong. The front is padded material that conceals your outline and the back is low profile elastic that conceals the strap lines.

Tights are far more comfortable than any other restrictive clothing that could impede motion. That is what the important point should be, no whether women are oggling at your package. WOmen will more likely find your overtly flaunted package to be funny, than sexy.

Hey all...

Being my first post on this forum, I'm sure someone will likely accuse me of being a troll and trying to add to the hilarious nature of this thread. I'm not a troll....just another enthusiast looking for any diversion while working :) ...and I enjoy writing.

A little bit about me. About 9 months ago the doctors wanted to put me on cholesterol & blood-pressure medication. The idea of taking drugs that would alter my liver and heart function scared the (insert profanity here) out of me. I've always been heavy and fighting it all my life, but I found new inspiration to shed the weight. I hate to quote world-reknown fruitcake Richard Simmons, but in a recent interview he claims you have to ask yourself a simple fundamental question: DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?

In short, I modified my diet and incorporated exercise into my routine. My favorite exercise: mountain biking. Not on tricky/twisty dangerous single-track trails, but rather on mountain fire-roads that run through the hills....beautful view, no cars, lots of nature, awesome cardio...good stuff. Working the biggest muscles of the body in a low-impact method soon started to work the weight off. I'd ride for 2+ hours and then come home and jump in the pool...I figured lower-body on the bike, upper-body in the pool.

As the weather warmed my cotton t-shirts became mini-sauna's...they get moist and don't breathe. The worst part was the mountain biking shorts...they went down to my knees and had heavy lining, they were bulky, heavy and cumbersome. All my riding buddies told me to do the lycra-thing, they swore I'd never go back. I calmly said....one problem: I'm not gay!;)

Anyways, I finally gave in and ordered a pair. I wore them under my shorts as I left the house in my car to head to the trail...yeah, that embarrassed. When I got to the trail I took off the shorts and started off feeling naked in lycra. But OMG, WOW what a difference!!! :jump1:My legs felt light, cool and moved swiftly. I felt a little odd, but heck...80% of the riders out there are wearing them; now I know why. Felt kinda sexy too. :D:D:D But seriously, the lycra shorts help the riding almost as much as clip-in shoes!!! No air-resistance, no friction, great ventillation, great grip, compression fit over muscle...feels really GREAT too.

SO...here's the deal:

The picture of those guys is just plain wrong. When I wear anything lycra, I'm looking for good padding that fits tight & snug...all you should have is a smooth/modest bulge that offers ZERO DEFINITION of what's underneath. Men's reproductive parts are NOT boobs....woman don't wanna see 'em. I once ordered a triathlon suit from Spiuk, it had a seam down the center of the crotch!!! Ya heard of camel-toe for woman? Well, a seam down the center = groin-toe for men. Like those riders in the red outfits: GROSS & WRONG.

Rule #1 If you put on some spandex/lycra that fits wrong (revealing): take it off and find something that fits right. Because, DAMN!

Just for the record, men's reproductive organs don't include bone or cartlidge: it ain't nothing that can't be compressed (just ask the drag-queens). When the weather is cold, your body can actually suck them in to the point where you look like a woman (think turtle). My outfits are snug, padded and never "disclosing"....and that makes it a lot easier for woman to be around and more functional on the bike!

Rule#2 Wear it while on the bike or swimming....but afterwards, put on a t-shirt or shirt long enough that it drapes over your groin most the ways. In this you can quickly go to the bank, run into the market or have lunch in a casual setting....but don't go walking around like it's daily clothing; you have to look like you are heading home from the gym. Woman can wear it as part of their regular clothing....not men.

Rule#3 Wear black of dark colors...the lighter colors exaggerate the area.

That said...what I've noticed about woman looking at men in lycra/spandex:

Woman are FAR more discrete then men....but yes: they do look and some of them seem to be drawn to look at the crotch. BUT, much like we all look down into the toilet before we flush, they do it from some inexplicable reason. I don't think the front is what woman are looking it...it's the booty they like....IF you have a good booty.

What woman DO look at is the rear and the leg....BUT here's the thing; they only look if you gots the goods. Us men don't oogle at fat woman, so it should come as no surprise that overweight men and men that are out of shape aren't going to get that kind of attention. If you have a tight ass and strong legs: THEY WILL LOOK & LIKE.

And here is where I make an observation. Sooooo many woman will say "no" to men wearing lycra.....yet, OMG, how many woman are walking around in spandex leggings with their fat hips, wide butts and massive girth just spilling out for all us men to gag at???? Newsflash: men carry it in the gut, woman in the butt: more woman are in fashion violation wearing the lycra then men!!!! So there!! Which brings me to my next rule....

Rule #4 Lycra is a privilege

Spandex/lycra is unforgiving....it shows everything and there is no hiding. If you don't have the bod to pull it off, then know your role and step down. Lycra says "if you want it, you gotta earn it". And as noted above, it's just as horrible when woman abuse it as men, indeed: lycra is an equal-opportunity challenge ;)

As for me, I'm fortunate to apparently have "the goods"...my wife and her (female) trainer go nuts and check me out when I'm on my way out to ride, they make no secret of it. I have no idea what they see or appreciate, but apprently all my biking has paid off. I've seen other woman checking it out too, some are into it, others don't even flinch to notice...but I've seen a few woman go out of their way to move into a better viewing position. I'm noticing them discretely looking....AND I DIG IT....it's part of my motivation to look better and work-out as hard as I do. Why not? I'm sure not getting any pleasure from eating fattening foods anymore...the idea of being eye-candy for woman is just plain wonderful and it's not like I'm getting any younger.

As my biking and swimming continued I discovered the ultimate outfit: the triathlon suit. With shorts and a jersey the pants can roll down and the shirt hike-up, so some wear a "bib"...which is shorts with built-in suspenders. I just went past that and got the triathlon suit...it's a one-piece outfit and I ride in it and then jump right into the pool and swim in it. Ya gotta love the auto-clean feature...after swimming you just rinse & let dry.

I'll go on record right here and now: I LOVE THE ONE-PIECE....it fits like a body-sleeve and you almost feel naked while wearing it. When the fabric gets moist it allows perfect evaporation for maximum cooling...when the fabric is dry, it offers a bit of insulation to keep you warm. Some of the outfits have vertical stripes that go down the side and look quite sporty, it's surprisingly thinning. For the most part it looks like a wrestlers one-piece singlet. And let me tell ya, when you're out on the bike cranking away for hours with a runners' high and music playing in your ears...there just isn't anything better!!! Most men won't wear one, it's too revealing and we're just not used to the one-piece sensation....but I honestly pity any guy who doesn't get to feel what it's like. I do all my riding & swimming in them and often I don't take it off and wear it under the clothing during the day....it feels kinda neat and reminds me what I'm working hard for.

And here's where I make my last observation. Why is it woman are expected to have "hot" bodies and look like supermodels....yet most men are marshmellows and have no accountiblity as such? It's a double-standard and it's not fair. So I say, put on the suit and if you don't look good in it, do something about it!

In conclusion, lycra can be worn by men if worn proper, woman DO look and like it IF you look good in it....and it feels sexy too! :)

Back