The Importance of Meal Frequency

Damn. . This completely throws my theory for being fat under the rug. .LOL. .

Thanks for the read. .moving on to more of your sticky threads!!

Haha, glad to hear. You might consider checking the stickies on my forum as well as their different than the ones here. And just as informational.

Happy learning!

Hey. Well that blows my sudden fear out the window. You see, I work in a pub, so sometimes don't eat for 6/7 hours at a time. Though I always eat afterwards and make sure I don't "overeat". I'll tend to eat something else a little later if I need to.
Sometimes, when you have a bunch of thirsty/hungry people at the bar, you just don't get the opportunity to waltz out the back for a bite of anything.

So, yay, I don't need to stress too much. Right? I mean, unless I completely misread that. I mean, I am careful with portion size, and sometimes I do get to snack on something 'out the back'. I just can't rely on it.

Ok, I'm blabbering now.

Thanks!

Nope, I wouldn't concern yourself to any degree. If your calories and macros are in check and you're making sensible food choices, that's what matters.

So interesting!

Thanks a lot for this post. I'm used to eat three times a day and I was always recommended to do so by my coach. I'm so glad to know I had a good leader helping me! Thanks doctor Heber!

great thread Steve, many thanks for it, I was even forcing myself to eat 6 times per day even without hunger! not anymore :)

Just be sure to account for calories and macros and be consistent. Things will fall into place.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hi. I did the small and frequent meals a day. I usually helped me in eating too much during lunch and supper. But now I eat 3 meals a day with a healthy snack.

What is the importance of meal management" would be better grammatically. Is this the best forum for your question, or might Diet/Fitness (under Health) be better? Anyway, proper nutrition is important, if that's what you mean by "meal management." It is less expensive in both the short term and long run to eat the freshest and least processed foods possible in small quanitities throught the day, rather than as large meals. Hope that helped.

Maybe if you actually read the article you'd understand that meal frequency definitely applies and meal management does not.

Mat... maybe you should provide your personal trainer with a link to this article so he learns a thing or two about meal frequency. He's doing his clients a disservice by spreading misinformation.

There must be more frequency in meals when you are in weight loss process. You needn't to eat eveything at one. It is better to eat small meal dose 4 or 5 times a day. Food should light, low-caloried and tasty for you. I am al for frequent eating)

You didn't read the article at all, did you? Just wanted to preach some tired dogma, I see. Oh well... your loss.

Mat... maybe you should provide your personal trainer with a link to this article so he learns a thing or two about meal frequency. He's doing his clients a disservice by spreading misinformation.

When I joined my gym, new members were offered free personal training sessions as a promotion to try to get you to sign up for sessions. Its sort of a local chain of fitness centers, so I'm assuming all the personal trainers go through the same training and preach the same information. I too was told to eat many smaller meals throughout the day to "keep my metabolism revved up". He even drew me a little "metabolism vs. eating" graph to "prove" that eating frequent meals kept your metabolism going. What I wanted to do was draw a similar graph for larger, few meals equalling the same calories and then integrate them both to prove the "metabolism" value was the same, but I figured that'd be over his head :p

The TV's in the gym also cycle through nutrition "facts" and "tips", and I cringe and die a little bit everytime one comes across that I know to be a myth or outright untrue. *sigh*, this is when I remind myself that I'm there for the weight room, and I get my information elsewhere.

Haha, welcome to the world of personal training. See my recent post I made yesterday regarding the state of the industry. It's a mess.

I wish more clients would question their trainers. They're too used to getting away with preaching whatever they feel is right without concern of having to explain themselves.

Hi all, recently I've studied the diets of US celebrities (mailny actresses and singers) and it seems that the most popular option nowadays is 8 very small meals every 1,5h. When you think about it, that makes sense - on one hand you have no time to get hungry, on the other small meals won't trigger insulin levels.

Hi all, recently I've studied the diets of US celebrities (mailny actresses and singers) and it seems that the most popular option nowadays is 8 very small meals every 1,5h. When you think about it, that makes sense - on one hand you have no time to get hungry, on the other small meals won't trigger insulin levels.

And I take it you believe insulin makes you fat even in the face of hypocaloric eting?

And I take it you believe insulin makes you fat even in the face of hypocaloric eting?

I did not write anything about calories. To be 100% sure - by hypocaloric you mean diets like 1000-1200 kcal/day?
What I'm saying is that avoiding big meals is usually the key to losing weight in the long term. All radical movements like hypocaloric diets are:
1. dangerous
2. short-term - you can't be on such diets for a long period of time.

Celebrites have to stay in shape (that's part and parcel of their job) so it might be beneficial to listen to their tips as they work...

HA! I'm sorry...but I'd NEVER take advice from a celebrity on how to lose weight!

Back