What were you like back in high school, athletically/physically speaking?

I was always on swim team and had no social life because of it. I was a good girl in high school but was still "cool". I got along with both "nerds" and "jocks". I swam on a year round team with a nazi coach who had previously coached olympians so he thought we all were America's next hopefuls. We swam 13,000 a day between morning and evening practices plus weights-on a regular basis. During Hell week we tipped 100,000yds for the week. Swam Varsity all 4 years of high school and swam backstroke and long distance free. I was OBSESSED with my weight and food intake because I wanted to be fast and thought being skinny would make that happen. I was anorexic my freshman year and missed the second half of swim season and 6 months of any activity. It was a long hard recovery from that.

I got into running my junior year on accident. Since I had "sports" PE I soon realized I could outrun the soccer girls. Swimming trumped track so I never participated but ran with my (now) husband in the evenings after swim practice. He is the reason I ever ran at all.

See in the UK that would NEVER happen.

Our rugby team for example. Last year our 'varsity team' top 50 in the country (probably) trained for an hour per week. The concept of 'sport' here is a joke.

lots of times less is more.

Never did sports for high school, but I played soccer in the city leagues , and started to lift when I was about 15, because I was scrawny as hell. We had a good weightroom, but was always used by the football team who always chastized me for not playing. Didn't get big until late senior year, but still playing soccer and on occassion ultimate frisbee. But I was also considered the brains throughout high school. Started and stopped smoking pot at a relatively young age, so my GPA jumped from 2.6 to 3.8 because of motivation.

Now all the people who chastized me for not playing football are alcoholics that I can outplay in any senario.

Went to school to play soccer and run the 100m. I did just enough to get me through the classes. I used to go and surf at morning break then again at lunchtime. That was between swimming for club every morning and soccer at night.

I was in the best shape back then, big powerful and confident. Sunday was my only day that I didnt do anything. Apart from surf.

Then I met the love of my life and had other priorities.

I was a standard nerd. Never really had a lot of friends, but I think I got along with everyone pretty well. Of sports, I though I really like football so I decided to join at 10th grade. Man, it was totally different. I sort of regret playing since I felt like a total failure. Never got to play, but I think I cheered the team on well. In 12th, I decided to call it quits near the end of the season since I wasn't really going anywhere. As for my weight, I was like 220 pounds, and by the end of college, I was nearly 250 pounds. Now after a year of exercise and eating right, I've managed to about 180. Went down to 160 once, but it wasn't what I wanted.

I was big, fast, strong, and awesome. I also got all the girls. It wasn't until I left high school that I became small, weak, and a virgin.

Sometime in 2005 though, a trainer at my gym opened my eyes up to deadlifts, squats, stuff like that. I started getting more involved, took a lot longer to learn how important diet is, but once I got into lifting, nutrition, etc...it has just been getting better and better.

Wow, the "trainers" at my gym haven't even heard of deadlifts and some of them think squats are bad for you.

Anyway, I was/am a nerd, a dammed good nerd btw. I was a fat nerd about a year or so ago, but I've since lost 50 lbs. Started lifting in middle school. But I dind't actually know how to lift until like a year ago when i started squats and deads. Didn't/don't do any drugs or drink... I'm pretty lame actually. But hey, I do squats and deads.

See in the UK that would NEVER happen.

Our rugby team for example. Last year our 'varsity team' top 50 in the country (probably) trained for an hour per week. The concept of 'sport' here is a joke.

Your right man. UK sport is a joke. The yanks seem to take it so seriously.

Wish we did in a way.

I was a very skinny cross country runner in school, about 10/11 stone (140-154lbs). I wasn’t that fast at sprinting though until I hit about 15 and then I got very, very fast but not much heavier though. I played in the football, athletics and rugby teams

And yeah, UK sport in schools is a joke, it's not taken seriously at all

I was pretty much Mr. Average all around when it came to school...average in the class room and average on the sports field, average height, i have brown hair and brown eyes...Whatever sport i was playing, i was always in the B team...Every team sport i had at school had three teams (A, B, C)...and my skill level just happened to fall right into the middle, which was good because the A level guys were too serious and the C level guys were too crap, plus most of my friends were in the team i was in...worked out well.

In primary school it was a completely different story...I was always in the top teams (i played cricket and soccer btw) and I always won the sprint track events. I've gone as far as representing my metropolitan area for the 100 and 200...It's a shame that when guys get to high school that they actually start training :p.

I was the fat outcast loser girl who was good at drawing and got good grades.

Now I'm just the outcast loser girl who's good at drawing :yelrotflmao:

I was the fat outcast loser girl who was good at drawing and got good grades.

Now I'm just the outcast loser girl who's good at drawing :yelrotflmao:

Not in my dreams, you're not. :luxlove:

No, really. I have yet to see you draw anything. Well, not with a pencil or a paintbrush anyway.

Last edited:
Not in my dreams, you're not. :luxlove:

No, really. I have yet to see you draw anything. Well, not with a pencil or a paintbrush anyway.

I have my art portfolio link in my profile I believe.. Not like I'm trying to.. you know.. get people to look or anything... :yelrotflmao:

I have my art portfolio link in my profile I believe.. Not like I'm trying to.. you know.. get people to look or anything... :yelrotflmao:

You may find this hard to believe, but surfing fitness.com does not feature in my dreams. Also, I've already seen it (from the last time I ogled you, on the other forum hahaha). Anything new and exciting?

Focus said:
You may find this hard to believe, but surfing fitness.com does not feature in my dreams.

Sorry if this hurts your feelings, Sean. ;)

You may find this hard to believe, but surfing fitness.com does not feature in my dreams. Also, I've already seen it (from the last time I ogled you, on the other forum hahaha). Anything new and exciting?

Oh I see,I'm being stalked! :jump1: Nothing too exciting, I'm in the middle of my cardio right now, so forgive me if I fling sweat into the forum :)

Oh I see,I'm being stalked! :jump1: Nothing too exciting, I'm in the middle of my cardio right now, so forgive me if I fling sweat into the forum :)

I was talking about your art. I'm not that easy. I expect flowers and chocolates first.

Back