What were you like back in high school, athletically/physically speaking?

For those of you who are a few years out of high school, I'm just curious. Were you into fitness/sports back in high school? Were you more athletic than most of your peers back then? Or were you out-of-shape, fat, super scrawny, etc.? I myself was on track and cross country, and through that, I got myself in reasonably decent shape, but I was by no means a stud. I was never good at any sports and was quite mediocre as a long-distance runner. (Not that I wasn't proud of what I was able to do and the improvements I made.)

Presumably, most people here are pretty serious about fitness now. But were you always that way? And if you weren't always into fitness, what got you into caring?

In the hit motion picture, "Transformers (2007)", Megan Fox's character indicated that she is unable to resist men with tight abs and big arms. I figured I'd better get on it, on the off chance that this might be true of her in real life.

Until then I was basically a huge ****** since hitting puberty. The desire to boink Megan Fox has motivated and continues to motivate everything I do. I've lost almost 100 lbs! Soon, Megan. Soon.

Last edited:
In the hit motion picture, "Transformers (2007)", Megan Fox's character indicated that she is unable to resist men with tight abs and big arms. I figured I'd better get on it, on the off chance that this might be true of her in real life.

Until then I was basically a huge ****** since hitting puberty. The desire to boink Megan Fox has motivated and continues to motivate everything I do. I've lost almost 100 lbs! Soon, Megan. Soon.

Haha. Made me laugh. The 'mainstream' views though are 'omg big guns/chest and abs.' But hey, what can you do?

I'm in high school. Sport is taken as a joke in schools in the UK. I've probably been in most of the teams even at what you'd call 'varsity' level. But it's nothing impressive.

Soon, Megan. Soon.

I'm sure she's holding her breath... :)

I was pretty average in highschool. I wasn't a great athlete, nor a bad one... right in the middle guess. My Senior year of college is when my health went to crap. After putting on 30+ lbs in about one year, I realized i need to make some changes...

I played football and basketball. I've been 6'-3" since my sophomore year in HS. Was always right around 200-210 lbs. I was a pretty good sized kid. Also minored in sex, recreational drugs, and alcohol. I lifted quite a bit in HS as well. Started slacking when I graduated. Stayed in decent shape until about 24 then I got chubby. Now I'm back in the saddle. :)

I was pretty much a chunker, didn't play sports, but since I'm 6'4'' (well might have been a couple inches shorter in HS), I didn't look like a full on ******. I pretty much just ate ****, drank lots of booze, and smoked chronic once I got into my Senior year. I stayed the same way in my first couple years of college too. I always went to the gym, but was pretty much just a lost soul...running for a month here and there...machines that didn't do anything for me...

Sometime in 2005 though, a trainer at my gym opened my eyes up to deadlifts, squats, stuff like that. I started getting more involved, took a lot longer to learn how important diet is, but once I got into lifting, nutrition, etc...it has just been getting better and better.

I look back and wish I had started a lot younger. It's great to see some of our regulars on here who are 15-18, and already know so much, and are just way into it. That's great, but sometimes I get sad that it took me so long.

I look back and wish I had started a lot younger. It's great to see some of our regulars on here who are 15-18, and already know so much, and are just way into it. That's great, but sometimes I get sad that it took me so long.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Reality!"

"Reality who?"

"The only reality, dumbass. You are 23 years old; not 55 - I thought you should know."

Hahaha, I know I know, but it's all relative. Sure, some people never get into it, others in their 20s, 30s, 40s...but I just think maybe I would be a more outgoing person if I had been more into taking care of my body. Because I was chunky, I was always insecure, and shy, which means I didn't branch out much.

Hahaha, I know I know, but it's all relative. Sure, some people never get into it, others in their 20s, 30s, 40s...but I just think maybe I would be a more outgoing person if I had been more into taking care of my body. Because I was chunky, I was always insecure, and shy, which means I didn't branch out much.

Naw man I totally get what you're saying. I feel the same way sometimes. If I had just stayed athletic when I was a kid, I'd be a friggen beast. But compared to the majority, we're way ahead of the curve. Not really comforting, but a little itty bit.

The shyness thing, the only cure for that... is also exercise. Haha. Just a different kind. And I'm not talking about the penis workout thread. XD

You know, I spent some time messing about in the fields of anthropology and sociology, and when people nearing the ends of their lives were asked what decade of their lives they would like to relive, if they had the choice... you'd think it'd be their teens or their twenties or something, maybe? You'd be wrong. It was their sixties, almost universally. The reason being that they were old enough to be wise but still young enough to have mostly functional bodies. Waaaaaaay ahead of the curve bro. :D And those 15 year olds, they still have to deal with their hormones and such, heh heh. Poor bastards.

Well i was always realllllllllly lean, i had barely any body fat. Iv always been a natural runner, was the fastest in my year. At school sports day i never lost in my sprint races and the 800m. I played rugby for about 7 years, went to athletics club for a year etc etc.

Came to 16, drugs, nightclubs, and downhill for me :D even though i was drinking at 13 on the street ;)

Age 17, weight started slowly creeping on me, quit all sports, my life was drinking and drugs.

Well between oh 14 and 17 I was a very active 120lb TWIG...but I thought I was cubby...cuz my thighs touched...ladies...FYI: Healthy does not mean you should be able to fit a 2x4 between your upper thighs sideways and not be able to touch skin ok?

Anywho I would rollerskate every weekend at the rink from open to close, walk EVERYWHERE (so about 5+ miles a day), play volleyball and oh yeah walk everywhere.

Even when I was smoking weed and ciggs I still walked everywhere and went rollerskating...

Well i was always realllllllllly lean, i had barely any body fat. Iv always been a natural runner, was the fastest in my year. At school sports day i never lost in my sprint races and the 800m. I played rugby for about 7 years, went to athletics club for a year etc etc.

Came to 16, drugs, nightclubs, and downhill for me :D even though i was drinking at 13 on the street ;)

Age 17, weight started slowly creeping on me, quit all sports, my life was drinking and drugs.

You were sold to the sex trade in Thailand at 13 weren't you?

When I wasn't in trouble, I was a short, skinny pill popping, acid dropping, pot smoking meth head that participated in gymnastics team and swim team.

You were sold to the sex trade in Thailand at 13 weren't you?

He only cost me four dollars.

My HS experience was blurry and ****ed up. I had lots of trouble with the family. My health went downhill right from grade 9. I dropped out...went into a depression for 2-3 months. Woke up one morning and said, wtf are you doing you dumb sh1t, finished my HS in an adult school - went to college for welding and been working in purchasing in this field ever since. I'd say I got into fitness seriously right about when I moved out and got hired.

I was always somewhat stronger than average kids my age, but I was also fat. Belly over the belt fat. LOL!

I look at the photo on my health card that was taken years ago - glasses, snazzy mustache and two round chubby cheeks. Holy **** I need to replace it with this sexy new look that does not include glasses, a snazzy mustache and chubby cheeks.

:rofl:

I laugh at my previous self. Loser. LOL.

Never. Again.

Eric

When I wasn't in trouble, I was a short, skinny pill popping, acid dropping, pot smoking meth head that participated in gymnastics team and swim team.

me too, less the gymnastics and swim team.

I was a skin head, people hater, ran away at 14, pile of terd.... and sorta pudgy, until my meth days started.... then I was lean and scheckshee!

I missed the boat on meth. I thought that was a younger generation thing.

We were too busy popping micro dots and taking mushrooms. LOL

I was always on swim team and had no social life because of it. I was a good girl in high school but was still "cool". I got along with both "nerds" and "jocks". I swam on a year round team with a nazi coach who had previously coached olympians so he thought we all were America's next hopefuls. We swam 13,000 a day between morning and evening practices plus weights-on a regular basis. During Hell week we tipped 100,000yds for the week. Swam Varsity all 4 years of high school and swam backstroke and long distance free. I was OBSESSED with my weight and food intake because I wanted to be fast and thought being skinny would make that happen. I was anorexic my freshman year and missed the second half of swim season and 6 months of any activity. It was a long hard recovery from that.

I got into running my junior year on accident. Since I had "sports" PE I soon realized I could outrun the soccer girls. Swimming trumped track so I never participated but ran with my (now) husband in the evenings after swim practice. He is the reason I ever ran at all.

Back