The 21 Day Club

Well done for day 9 :hurray:

I finally added an extra track...
LOL It's called "Aceite Agua, yo soy una guagua" which means "oil water, I'm a bus"... You have to love Cuban slang :) :) :)

Thursday - day 16 -13 tracks with breaks -
Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run

Gyms are due to reopen on 25th July - so there is much talk about when live zumba classes can resume...

I want to be "zumba fit" by then so that I can do an hour solid when there is a live class....
I think that I would ideally like to be up to about 16 tracks and then try to reduce my breaks...

Friday - day 17 -13 tracks with breaks - same as yesterday
Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run

I've told a Zumba teacher that I will join his classes as soon as they are back on as long as there is social distancing...

I have also contacted the gym where he teaches and arranged to join that gym on the day that Zumba classes resume...

I really need to push ahead with this habit so that I am Zumba fit as soon as possible...

Nice to hear you have that extra motivation of zumba classes coming up! That must be fun in a group--added energy!
day 10 stretches 15 minutes
piano 20 minutes

Well done for nailing day 10.

Saturday - day 18 - 14 tracks - trying to reduce breaks a bit...

I've added an extra track at the end...

Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run, fireball

I didn't start doing the zumba until later again today as we were out for the morning and afternoon so it would have been another easy one to miss. This challenge is helping me a lot.

This challenge is helping me a lot.
great to hear! I think it's helping me too. I find i'm resisting a lot less when it comes time to do the stretching or piano. I'm learning that I will be doing it whether I feel like it or not, so no sense in putting it off or looking for an excuse not to do it!

day 11
qi gong 30 minutes
piano 20 minutes

You're doing great

Sunday - day 19 - 14 tracks - reduced breaks down a lot

kept to the same tracks though

Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run, fireball

Monday - day 20 - 14 tracks - minimal breaks (went to toilet half way through - otherwise took mouthful of water between tracks like done in a class)

kept to the same tracks though

Wow just about at day 21 for you...do you have a plan after the 21 days or will you just keep to this one?

day 13
stretching 30 minutes
piano 30 minutes

It's my intention to in many ways is a continuation of this one...
This one started as "do at least 4 tracks and try to build up from there"... I'm now up to 14 and it takes about an hour with minimal breaks...
I like the number of 16 as it is 4 times that... It is also certainly over an hour of zumba...

I think that for the next set of 21 days I'll shoot for an hour of zumba or ideally 16 tracks...
That saves me from having to count tracks if live classes resume or I decide to ring the changes by doing an online class sometime...

I still have my day 21 to do today...

Tuesday - day 21 - 16 tracks - almost minimal breaks (went to toilet half way through - otherwise took mouthful of water between tracks like done in a class) until I'd done 15th track... Then the shopping delivery arrived so I had to pause my exercise and deal with it - then do the last track that I was all set up to do...

Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, wake me up before you go go, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run, fireball, gambling man

I'm not sure about keeping the last track in the mix - or the position of it... I may try swapping it a bit...

That's my 21 days done and zumba built up...

My new 21 starts next...

Wednesday day 1 and Thursday day 2 done - 16 tracks with minor breaks
same playlist both days
Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, compania, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, wake me up before you go go, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run, fireball

That's my 21 days done and zumba built up...
:party:way to go Omega!!

I couldn't post yesterday because of computer trouble.
Barely got a song in on the piano, but did do it along with the stretches..so that was day 15

day 16, today, got my 15 minutes of stretches in but still need to get to the piano...which i will do shortly...

Thanks Liza

Well done for completing day 15 despite it clearly being a tricky day for you. :hurray:

Day 16 looks well on its way too :)

Very nearly opted out of zumba today... I even typed in two lines of excuses - but did it anyway

Friday day 3 done - 16 tracks with minor breaks
same playlist as before
Arrebatate, cake by the ocean, Mueve La Colita, compania, umbrella, Los campeones de la salsa, la colegiala, belly dancer, uptown funk, moves like Jagger, Danza Da Maozinha, wake me up before you go go, Aceite Agua yo soy una guagua, timber, run run run, fireball

For the record - the excuses were that I'd done tons of walking during the day and my legs were tired before I started.
Now that zumba is completed am on nearly 25,000 steps for the day so far... I'm planning on a very quiet night so I expect no step-count increase from now on.

That is a lot of movement Omega. I am impressed that you can do that much Zumba every day never mind the extra walking!
I did get day 16 and 17 complete...as for day 18 (today) i've neither stretched or played piano and evening is closing in on me...still hoping to get to it...

That is a lot of movement Omega. I am impressed that you can do that much Zumba every day never mind the extra walking!

I think that I am a fairly unusual case... I have probably the oddest background that you will find on this forum...
When I was first on the forum 13 years ago I lost a lot of weight (I'm 5ft3 and went from 294 pounds to 126 pounds)... I was an exercise machine and used to do a lot of walking then... I think 25,000 steps was a quiet day back then... The numbers will be posted around the forum in old threads....
Anyway - when I was at goal I became a zumba queen and used to happily do a fair bit of zumba then... On a Monday for instance I used to do an hour long class and then a 15 minute break before another hour long class. I was a member of a gym so it didn't cost any more - so seemed a waste not to do both sessions when I was there...

Of course I'm 13 years older now and have had a few injuries along the way - and at 214 pounds don't jump up and down as easily as I did at goal - but definitely have at the back of my mind the fact that the step-count got me there last time - and therefore I have the belief that it can again...

(I'm 5ft3 and went from 294 pounds to 126 pounds)
Wow that's an incredible weight loss!

but definitely have at the back of my mind the fact that the step-count got me there last time - and therefore I have the belief that it can again...
That's great to have that history of weight loss and knowledge of how you did it. It sounds like you must really enjoy zumba and i really think that finding the things we love to do is key in keeping us motivated!
I actually tried a beginner's zumba video today just to get a better sense of it. I did have a good laugh at my sorry attempt to get even the simplest of steps right! I might try again as I like the idea of dance...

i did get day 18 completed yesterday, day 19 halfway there with stretches done...now to piano!

Back