Tall girls unite!

ehehehehe.... I'm going for "blonde (i'm sure she can't have brains)" fit chick look too :)

Coz I DO have brains, and I don't like people knowing it right off the bat.

Im 5 foot 11" think, im 1.78 m tall.

Well, in my country Im rare. We tall girls are rare as asians are mostly short people.

I have middle eastern blood so Im big build and tall.

People stare a lot, when im slim & tall. People stare and I get special treatment, they always think im a tourist, so when I enter a shop, I will be served first. when I board a bus, the bus driver will always ask me, where do i want to drop and he when the stop is reached, we will call for me.

People wave at me a lot, especially young teenage girls. They always ask if im a model.

But opposite now that Im fat, people still stare!

And now, they stare coz, to them im like a giant, super big and tall!

They stare and me and some look at me in disbeleif. haha...

I feel that Im used to those stare but sometimes there are times when I stare back! and I stare with hate and anger.

Part of the reason why I want to loose weight, very very badly.

Any room for another?

I'm 5'8" and was 215+ when I delivered my baby in July 2007. I've made it to 162 and just can't get motivated to lose 30 more. It just seems impossible! To those of you that carry your weight well, I'm happy for ya, but mine all goes to my butt, so when I'm heavy, I'm VERY bottom heavy. I'd like to lose weight so I can have a normal size ass, that's all. :)

hey girls, i'm 5 10 and i just read thru most of the post, looks like i am the biggest one on this thread, at 260. i'd like to drop 100 lbs within the next 2 yrs. people are usually surprised when i tell them that. at 160 i will be within healthy bmi, that's all that matters to me. i'm not reaching for a certain dress size. oh i'd love to be tall, gracefull, and elfin to!

Just thought I would join in on the fun. I'm 5'11'' and weighed 172.6 this morning! I am hoping to be in the 160s within the next couple of weeks. It's been an exciting ride, but I just want to see the skinny, muscular girl under this fat.

To add another interesting topic to this discussion:
How did you all decide on a goal weight? I have been overweight my whole life, so I have no idea what weight I should be. It's just so hard not having that ultimate number in mind. I'm a planner, so I feel this need to know what my goal is. And since there aren't many girls my height that I can compare myself to, I don't have a frame of reference.

Just thought I would join in on the fun. I'm 5'11'' and weighed 172.6 this morning! I am hoping to be in the 160s within the next couple of weeks. It's been an exciting ride, but I just want to see the skinny, muscular girl under this fat.

To add another interesting topic to this discussion:
How did you all decide on a goal weight? I have been overweight my whole life, so I have no idea what weight I should be. It's just so hard not having that ultimate number in mind. I'm a planner, so I feel this need to know what my goal is. And since there aren't many girls my height that I can compare myself to, I don't have a frame of reference.

Hi lizziemay!

First of all, AWESOME job on your great weight loss so far!

It's funny to see we have so many similarities, including our names (lizzie's actually my middle name). I'm 5'11 and currently weigh 180, and I'm 23 years old. I used to weigh 200 in high school, but have been at my current weight for 5 years or so. I've never been able to get down into the 170's, how did you do it???

I've been overweight my whole life too... and am also having trouble finding a goal weight. You are now in the healthy BMI range for our height, so just find a weight that you feel comfortable and healthy in, and that you will be able to maintain without going insane (undereating or overexercising). Also, you may be more or less muscular than I am, so it all makes a difference. I'm going to try for 165.... let me know how you're doing!

Hi Lizzie!

Wow, we really are quite similar. I weighed about 200 coming out of high school, and then put on the college 20 as I call them. I had (and still have) major emotional issues with food, but I am working on them as I work on forming healthier habits.

To answer your first question, I got to this weight thanks to good old Jenny Craig. I had a family member join and lose a bunch of weight, and I got to taste some of her food and see how easy it is to lose weight on that program. I signed up the next week. I've been on the program since the end of April, and have lost about 50 lbs. so far. I did have a few setbacks that made my loss slower than it would have been had I stayed fully on the program that whole time, but still that's a lot of weight in that period of time. And I am confident that I did it the healthy way, and a way that I can maintain. JC even teaches you how to maintain your weight after you stop eating all their food everyday, so that will definitely help me. I just can't say enough good things about it. I'm not a salesperson or anything, but if you want to learn more about it, you can go on their forums and read more. The forums are a great support system for me.

I am actually getting my body fat measured on Monday, so that will be interesting. I think it will help me figure out what my goal should be. I'll keep you posted about that.

Good luck with your weight loss. No matter how you do it, I'm sure you WILL do it!

Hey! I'm 5"8 and I'm thinking my ideal weight is going to be about 150lbs.

So yeah, will see when I get there though!

I'm 5'10" almost 5'11 and I think I carry my weight pretty well. Definitely better than some people who are shorter than me and weigh exactly as much as me. This is the only time in my life where I'm glad I'm tall.

Hey.

This thread thingy sounded interesting because I'm taller than most of my friends, even those a few years older than me.

I'm 5'7" and currently 122 pounds. I think I've kind of hit a flat point in my weight. Hm... Any suggestions? :D

Hey.

This thread thingy sounded interesting because I'm taller than most of my friends, even those a few years older than me.

I'm 5'7" and currently 122 pounds. I think I've kind of hit a flat point in my weight. Hm... Any suggestions? :D

I think being 5'7" and wanting to be a 100 lbs might be a bit too much. My suggestions is to just tone, do a lot of toning.

I think being 5'7" and wanting to be a 100 lbs might be a bit too much. My suggestions is to just tone, do a lot of toning.

Yes, I think it certainly would be. I'm 5'7, and currently 139, wanting to get back to 120. I have a very small bone structure, so I don't carry extra weight well at all. If I were 100 lbs, even with my small bones, I would look very skeletal.

Hey.

I'd say 122 is a good weight for your height... 100 would make you look emaciated.

I am 6', and weigh a little under 300 pounds. I also have a very big body structure (I am Swedish lol). And I hold my weight really well.

Yay! Tall people!

Well, I'm 5'8" and currently at 260. Yeah, working on that...O.O I'm built a bit big so I'm shooting for around 160, maybe a little less. I carry most of that weight around the midsection and in my arms and my face. I especially hate the weight around my face, ugh. I was about 170 a few years ago and I remember feeling like I could lose about ten or fifteen pounds and be quite happy with myself. Those were the days! I can't wait until they're the days again.

Bump for the tall girls!

I'm not quite 5'8 but close enough.

At my heaviest I weighed 205, my ideal ideal weight is around 140lbs, but would be very happy to get to 150. I'm currently at 197, and lost 8lbs in my first three weeks. W00!

At my lightest at 23-24, I was around the 145lb mark. Here's to hoping I get back there with relative ease!

Tall Chica

Yea Tall People Like Me!!

I'm a 6'0 240lb female and yes we do carry our weight well. Tall bodies allow fat to store in all places and not just one location. Nobody ever believes me when I tell them my weight. I use to weigh 165 when I played basketball in college, but since graduation the pounds just keep adding on! My goal weight is to get back to that 165...anything less I think would not look healthy on me.

Thought I'd bring a little life to this thread. I'm not sure if I'd be considered tall, but I don't have an exact measurement of my height. I'm about an inch shorter than my mom, who is 5'7", so I guess I'm around 5'6"... I've always considered myself short because I've grown up in a house of monstrously tall guys.

I don't really think I hold my weight well at all. My highest weight was over 230 pounds, and I looked extremely large. I never actually felt I looked that huge until I looked at pictures... I don't really know if I'll be happy at 150, even though I know it's a healthy weight. I actually don't care what weight I'm at as long as I get rid of this damn tummy, and elephant thighs. :ack2:

I'm looking to lose that 30 pounds, and THEN see how I feel. I don't want to get to a weight where my calories are too low, because then I'd just gain it all back. :p

Anywho, nice to post on a thread that isn't a diary. :conehead:
<3

Well...I am 6' tall, but I have no boobs, so I can't carry as much weight as some girls my height can.

I am currently in the 150s and I dont' mind my legs, arms, shoulders, face, etc...but I would like to have more boobs and more butt.

Back