Tall girls unite!

I am 5'9 and I definitely know I can carry my weight well because whenever I mention weight loss people look at me like I am crazy I have hour glass shape thanks to my mom so its all in the right places at time and when I gain its goes all to the hips buts and boobs but at least I still have my small waist to balance things out. My Ideal weight would be 140 thats where I was most happy. I like being able to go into a store and chose a x-small, small I never wore a medium until I was 24 I am going to be 30 in a few weeks and will happy just being able to choose a small or medium.It is crazy at 160 pound I can wear a size 8 and at 181 i wear a 12.

I feel like my long legs, i'm 5'8, make me seem fatter because I have muscular legs from dancing and when I look down I see these huge long thighs lol. I also have wider hips (~10 us) so I also feel that people don't expect me to be as tall as I am lol.

I weigh 147 and was down to 142 at one point so I'm also looking to be around 140. I don't think I can be as skinny as some of the other girls I have seen my height.

This post was not to brag but I didn't know how to

I feel like my long legs, i'm 5'8, make me seem fatter because I have muscular legs from dancing and when I look down I see these huge long thighs lol. I also have wider hips (~10 us) so I also feel that people don't expect me to be as tall as I am lol.

I weigh 147 and was down to 142 at one point so I'm also looking to be around 140. I don't think I can be as skinny as some of the other girls I have seen my height.

This post was not to brag but I didn't know how to

Enjoy those thighs while you have them. I used to hate my muscular legs too..but as you age, it's harder to maintain those legs. I now have much smaller legs than I ever had...but I also have no butt. :(

BTW..when I still had those larger legs, I was frequently compared to women who carried million dollar policies on their legs... What we seem to hate most about ourselves, others admire....even envy.

Hi talls girls!

What a fun thread! I'm 5'8" and actually hated always being told how tall I was when I was younger. Now, I feel okay to be tall, but so many men are short! LOL

I just weighed in at 160 last week which is the most I have ever weighed. I do not have kids, I am 30. So, I really want to lose about 20 lbs. I would love to lose 25 and stay in the 135 range, but I'm not sure that is a possibility.

I'm afraid of not getting a handle on this and then having more weight to lose later. Losing weight is one of the hardest things I've ever done.

What are your maximum calories a day? Right now I am doing 1300. I took a test at the YMCA and my resting caloric need is 1150. I am currently unemployed so not moving around much except to go to step classes every now and then.

Are you kidding me? I would KILL to have what you call "muscular" thighs. Anything would be better than these damn jiggly ones that won't go away despite the fact that I've lost over 50 lbs.

Gah...

Hey Guys!

I'm 5'7 so you could probably say I'm on the lower end of the spectrum. but I do feel that i carry my weight well, to a certain point! I was all the way up att 200 lbs, and clearly, and that point, I wasn't wearing it well :)

Now I'm 5'7 at around 168 lbs and my goal is to get down to 155 lbs.
I feel that any more weightloss would not be me. I'm a big girl as it is, any skinnier and.... I don't know. :)

6" here :) Being tall rocks! People are always shocked that i weigh so much.
However i lost 22 pounds and no one noticed so i think that being tall losing weight is not as obvious

6" here :) Being tall rocks! People are always shocked that i weigh so much.
However i lost 22 pounds and no one noticed so i think that being tall losing weight is not as obvious
Gaining or losing it's not as obvious.

The gal that cuts my hair lost 30 pounds and it made a huge difference in how she looks! Only 40 pounds will bring her to goal...and she was really, really big before beginning her journey.

I'm on the lower end of my BMI but I could lose 30 pound w/o getting under a healthy BMI.

For me, the biggest thing about being a tall girl who is overweight is the fact that I just feel BIG and unfeminine when overweight.

For me, the biggest thing about being a tall girl who is overweight is the fact that I just feel BIG and unfeminine when overweight.

I agree with you on that one Judyb! I felt like a giant at my heaviest :( Now it's getting a lil bit better tho.

I agree--Im 5'7 and have been told that I don't need to lose weight, but according to my BMI im slightly overweight. I dont really have a big stomach to proportion to my body--im pretty balanced everywhere but I am lucky to have height. I somedays wish I was 2 inches taller haha!

Hey.

I'm new here. Trying to figure out what I need to do to lose this weight.

I'm 5'9 and 250 lbs currently. I'm not unhappy with my legs, more my mid sections and arms. I'm trying to figure out the healthiest way to lose this weight, and tone my arms. I'm not afraid of having muscle, compared to how my arms look now, that would be hot. :)

So what made you all decide to lose weight?

I'm 5'8 and I am very lucky at how well I hold my weight. I went to my doctors a few months ago and got weighed and the doctor actually took me into another room to use a different one as she thought it was broken and had put on a few extra stone.

I am currently 22st 1lb or 309lbs, at that time I was 22st 12lbs, my doctor was sat there saying 'you don't look more than 18stone tops!' which is good. But bad as I have so much 'hidden weight' as I call it which can't be good for me. :(

Back