Weight-Loss Simple Weightloss Challenge

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quercus

Sorry it's the challenge that is simple not the weightloss.

I'm in a predicament with my health that limits my exercise and I am having a hard time keeping the weight off because of that and this contest is to help me and all of you stay focused despite what difficulties we face.

The contest is bodyweight % lost.

Weigh-ins will be Saturdays beginning September 28th and the contest will end on November 23rd.

8 weeks of healthy weightloss.

This contest is for support and bragging rights. The winner will be e-crowned the Supreme Champion of the Simple Weightloss Challenge. A title that can be carried proudly in your signature. The real reward is the weightloss and the sense of comrade and friendly competition.

I'll update this post with everyone's results.

If you miss a weigh in you can weigh in a different day or skip it at your discretion, but the contests ends on November 23rd and no weigh-ins will be accepted after that date unless by unanimous consent by active participants.

No you won't win fabulous prizes and there is no point system or rewards/demerits system, but what there is is a chance to lose some weight. Please join me!

Still not convinced? Here's a picture of Chuck Norris with a light saber.

View attachment 21400

Current weight % Lost week's % change

^ That can be posted in this thread each weigh in day. If you weigh in on a non-Saturday you might want to PM me so I don't miss the post. I'll make a table with everyone's results and ranking.

Simple Weightloss Challenge 9/28/2013-11/23/2013
Rank
Name
Starting
Weight

Current
Weight

Weekly
% Change

% Lost
Total
AthalaRanger
br!na
MrVee
San
MandyH
icychic144.5139.0
Guideon
cate189.6184.10.02.9
Quercus
BelindaR
Little John

Last edited:
Lol Chuck Norris

I said I didn't want to do another challenge with so much stuff going on in my home life. But I've been able to move things around and manage my time better so count me in for this one. This will be just in time for Thanksgiving :)

I'm in. My goal will be to try and lose 5.3% of my body weight during that time.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard MrVee! I guess 5.3% is the number to beat since you are a "make it happen" machine. :D

or

Just do the math.

% loss total

SW-CW= lbs lost/SW

Where SW is starting weight and CW is current weight.

weekly % loss

PWW-CW= lbs lost/SW

Where PWW is previous week's weight.

All weights and percentages will be to the tenth place. e.g. 321.2 pounds 5.4%. Just drop the last digit from the online calculator rather than round up.

I'm in.
I'll probably have to skip half of the weigh-inns because of two vacations in that 2 month period (and I don't like to use different scales), but that's just the reason why this challenge is good for me.
It'll probably be lots of beers and bad food choices while on vacation (although the second vacation is more work than play, so not too much time to make the wrong choices).
So this challenge (hopefully) helps me keep focus.

Despite the fact that I despise Chuck Norris, I'm in. No chance of winning if previous months are any indication, but just being in the challenge gives me a sense of accountability, and being surrounded by people with similar goals. It helps. :)

I will aim for a weight loss of about 3.5 %, but the more, the better, obviously!

Welcome aboard Guideon and San!

San I'm hoping that I haven't topped my old starting weight. I've been off the scale and sedentary for a while now and I have definitely gained. That's what this is all about. We will all make progress together.

Well I'm getting an epidural on Friday so I will do my best to make a table and weigh in on Saturday, but failing that I will get to it as soon as possible so please just post your weights and know I haven't abandoned you.

I'm glad I went back and read this. For some reason I thought it started in October XP I guess I got this mixed up with Off-tober challenge and thought they started the same time. I don't know how to use a table on here, though. If someone could give a quick tutorial when the time comes, I'd appreciate it.

You can just post your numbers and I'll make one table with all the results. I have to figure it out myself.

To make a table go to the advanced editor screen (not the quick reply screen), click the blue upper left button: "switch to editor WYS(...)" and then on the table button.

*Note* There is no need to switch to the WYS editor, but it's much easier to customize the table that way.

Thanks Athala!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back