Senior needs help with my work outs.

Weather has been questionable here lately, cloudy raining just above freezing. Woke up this morning to white snow on the lawn! It’s melted now, but made my walk with Bella less than enjoyable. Takes a big towel to dry a golden retriever. We followed our walk with 1/2 hour weights.

Great job staying active despite the dreary weather! Does toweling off a dog count as exercise?

Well Christmas & New Years are over. We’re at our daughters place babysitting, while mom & dad are in Cabo.
It was -5 yesterday, & we got 10 cm (4”) of fresh snow so we took our grandchildren to a local toboggan hill. Covid cases are at record high here again, so no socializing, with others. My wife and I had our booster shots Dec 20, Gavin (12) has been double vaccinated but Reagan (8) only has her first shot.
Winter has arrived in Canada, it’s -17C (2F) outside this morning and still dark at 7 am. I expect we’ll be on the treadclimber today after the deck & driveway get shoveled.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

Last edited:
I've been looking at twigs and buds all week: they're all ready for spring no matter how long they have to wait. If a tiny germ can be that hopeful and that patient I can, too.

Hi, Mike & Happy New Year to you too.
Our niece lives in BC & she said it was -19C walking to work the other day. Brrrr! Australians usually tease Tasmanians about how cold it is here, but it rarely gets into the minuses, for which I am very grateful. You must have all the winter weather gear!
Shovelling snow would be a good workout. I bet you're glad you bought that tread climber :)

January can be a bit of a yo-yo temperature wise here in Canada. Bitter cold one day then rain a couple of days later.
The Treadclimber has been very useful, no regrets on that purchase. I think everyone in Canada owns a 3 in 1 parka & a touque.
Just cold is bare able, but add a 10-15 km wind and it’s bone chilling as they say.

Last edited:
The thermometer continues to bounce here. Temperature was -23C yesterday, & it’s +1this morning, with a high of 4C expected this afternoon.
My wife & I are staying inside, making use of the treadclimbe.

Oh wow, those are some temperature swings! My patients would all be dead in the water with such chaotic weather.

-1C this morning, with forecasted high +4, but tomorrow a cold front is expected to drop the temperature back down to-25C.
Canadians are called “Crazy Canuck’s”, our crazy January Weather may be part of the reason.
For the record, all Canadians aren’t crazy, there’s just a few of us, LOL.

Sunday night & Monday morning was our first big snowstorm of the year. We received 35 cm (12”) of snow within 16 hours. Major cities are still clearing snow from side streets. It took me an hour to dig out our sidewalk , deck and enough space to move the car out of the garage so I could get the snowblower out to attack our driveway. Good workout though!

Attachments

• BBC4DC96-09D5-435B-905F-26E95CF819B2.jpeg
    BBC4DC96-09D5-435B-905F-26E95CF819B2.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 1
The thermometer yo-yo is still bouncing here. +4C yesterday and the back to -16 C this morning. Today’s cardio workout was on the Treadclimber.

The mercury continues to fall here in Ontario. Coldest day of the new year. -31C this morning at 6 am when took Bella out for your morning bathroom duties.4969332F-358B-47DE-8174-4AB01C3A1E33.jpeg

Back