Senior needs help with my work outs.

With the covid-19 pandemic, all the gyms are closed, so I'm walking 3km/day with our golden retriever Bella.
Living in a rural subdivision makes social distancing quite easy.
Stay safe everyone!IMG_0108c.jpg

Hope Bella is enjoying the walks :) Stay safe.

Hello, beautiful Bella & you too Frank ;) We are staying as safe as we can & like you, lucky to live where we have space & a buffer zone around us. Stay safe, Frank :)

Bella & I are still going on our daily 3-4 km walks.
I got a call from my orthopedic surgeon yesterday, with some good news.
Luckily our area only has 26 confirmed covid 19 case, with no ICU patients.
The local hospital is going to start doing, some elective surgeries near the middle of May.
I'm on the top of his list! Having stayed fit & active, I am less likely to have complications (his words).
Hips & knees are starting first, as they can use spinal anesthetic. ( what I had for my knee replacement)
Apparently general anesthetic is in short supply, as it's required when putting someone on a ventilator.
Fingers crossed again. Hoping to hear from him again in two weeks, with a date & time.

Mike DIMG_3769r.jpg

Staying active, today was fertilize the lawn day. Local gardening supply was open for curb pick up. I activated my Apple Watch to see how long & what calories I might expand. Took me a half hour to do our 1 acre lot. But why the gps stuck me in the middle of our treed back, I’ll never know?A5AF923B-1815-4395-8B72-BB386312028A.jpeg56E6473D-100D-4643-BF09-8A031EBCFFA3.jpeg

Our Provincial Premier :)State Governor) finally announced this week that hospitals can resume elective surgeries.
So I'm hoping to get a date soon.

Still no word from my Doctor as to when my surgery might be. Keeping active is no problem when you have an acre lot to maintain. My wife finished her 5 K run this morning & fired up the lawn tractor to mow the lawn. I do the trim, with a gas string trimmer, & the ditches, around trees & driveway with a gas hand mower. I tracked my heart rate and calorie burn. It’s a good hour and a half.D2EA1B96-6A84-4713-A7FA-F39DD5289585.pngD2EA1B96-6A84-4713-A7FA-F39DD5289585.png

This month walking 3+ km has become too painful. I have to resort to a cane in the afternoons. This week (Sunday) I started doing squats. 4 sets of 25 reps spaced throughout the day (morning, noon, dinner & evenings). I know not to excessive deep knee bends from my Judo training & my right knee replacement is limited to about 95 °(85° included angle behind tibia to femur) . Based on the stiffness I feel in the left thigh, I have favored the leg too much & need to be working the muscles more.
I shall continue the regimen until my surgery July 6.
My weight is now 208 lbs/94.5 kg, & my target is 200 lbs /91 kg

Back