🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Not getting what the waves represent.
training.gif

The human body does not like change, a lot of physiology is about how the body works to maintain homeostasis. Change needs to be achieved in small increments, so after exercise you will be fatigued then recover and hopefully adapt to be able to respond to the stimulus (exercise) better than you did previously (The first wave image). If the training is too difficult with too much fatigue and/or not enough recovery time, the body will not adapt and progress will stall or go backwards (the second wave image) in this situation you are more susceptible to injuries, a supressed immune system. This is why you see athletes who are training intensely for events become more susceptible to colds and flu as they are pushing their bodies to the limit of what they can cope with.

And conversely: when you're stressed (be it physically or mentally) the body is less able to adapt to training stimuli.

Sounds like the rest after biomechanics will do you good. If you think you did ok on physiology I'm sure you passed.

I had an allergy mishap today, I did not read the ingredient list on some salad dressing that hubby purchased saying it was safe for me. It wasn't it had xanthan gum in it which is a problem if you do not know the source, in this case I reacted, it is soo hit and miss with allergies when the source of ingredients do no need to be listed, being allergic to wheat sux.

Being allergic to wheat definitely sucks but reacting as strongly as you do is awful. I hope you recover quickly!

I had an allergy mishap today, I did not read the ingredient list on some salad dressing that hubby purchased saying it was safe for me. It wasn't it had xanthan gum in it which is a problem if you do not know the source, in this case I reacted, it is soo hit and miss with allergies when the source of ingredients do no need to be listed, being allergic to wheat sux.
Feel better.

Conserving internet data for exam in the morning so have not been spending much time online

todays exercise

Sled Drags (harness and loaded with little miss on the sled)
Battle rope exercises anchored to sled
Overhand drag 15 meters, this was hard work

1 hour in total, 33 C in the park this morning.

Sled Drags (harness and loaded with little miss on the sled)
Battle rope exercises anchored to sled
Overhand drag 15 meters, this was hard work

What are you trying to accomplish with the exercises, Tru? Are you maintaining the muscle you have in a balanced way? Why these particular ones individually and on the whole? I didn't read back in your diary so apologies if you explained or it's otherwise apparent.

What are you trying to accomplish with the exercises, Tru? Are you maintaining the muscle you have in a balanced way? Why these particular ones individually and on the whole? I didn't read back in your diary so apologies if you explained or it's otherwise apparent.

The first consideration was getting out of the house and taking my daughter to the park. There is a good spot to use the sled right next to a little used playground. Equipment choice was because the sled and battle rope are very portable.

The sled work is cardio intense while working most muscles of the body, the rope hits the muscles not targeted by the sled and is also anaerobic. Dragging the sled with the rope hand over hand is strength endurance, my battle rope is thick and heavy, it gives your back a thorough workout.

I don't run because the high impact for my arthritic joints is not good, so the sled gets the heart rate up very quickly and makes use of my strength.

Equipment and exercises need to fit the situation, as much as I like training in the gym and my daughter enjoys playing with the weights and other equipment, she needs time outside and I adapt to that. This morning (in about 30 minutes time) I have a Biomechanics exam and I also wanted to wear her out yesterday so she is sleeping in this morning making it easier to get my exam done.

Wow, thanks Tru. That's some real knowledge and ability to adapt. Sounds like an excellent workout and a win all around for you and your daughter. Hope the exam went well.

All exams done, final marks for both subjects will be released December 9

right now I just feel drained, but I think I done ok

This week I need to go light on my exercise. Last week I was getting all excited about jogging. This week, I feel depleted, and my knees were getting sore. So I'm going to continue with some jogging, but mostly walking this week. The "all in or nothing approach" isn't a great way to proceed.

No food yesterday, spent the day vomiting, still not good this morning. Little miss had the vomiting bug on Sunday, and Son 3 was up most of last night with it. I am now going back to bed.

first food for a couple of days, taking it slowly, son 3 is back at work today but is afraid to eat anything.

taking it easy today.

Back