Ready2DoThis' Journal

Ready2DoThis

:)

I am so tired of hearing people say this is the wrong time to start a diet (holiday season). I feel it is the right time. This is the time when I see everything in sight and lose control.

I didn’t do too bad for Thanksgiving. I walked two miles early that morning and ate once, but I had two desserts (my weakness).

Well, today is the day I will begin to lose weight and gain willpower. I will make a promise to myself to workout out seven days a week, no matter what happens. This is the reason for this weight gain, lack of exercise and too many sweets.

I need to make myself happy for my family and me. I can feel my arms sticking to my sides and it’s all in my neck (ugh!!).

I will try the Atkins diet and see how it works out for me. I weighed in today at 188.0 lbs, my goal is to get to 140.0 lbs. I am almost 200 lbs. I made a promise to myself never to gain weight again, but I have been so lazy.

Well, wish me luck and I will try my hardest to workout and cut out the carbs.

6 days a week ... you need a day of rest. Even those who have been working out for years still need to give their body that one day. I'm greedy cuz i take 2 :D. And you are so right ... this is as good of a season as any to lose weight. If you can even maintain your weight through the holiday season, then losing weight for the rest of the year will be a snap. Good luck!!

I'm glad you are not accepting "wrong time of year" as your excuse. I can't seem to beat it. I LOVE christmas food, its the best. However, I"m alittle angry with myself for wanting to wait till after christmas, I look in the mirror and I'm angry, but for some reason I can't get over the "wrong time of year" consept. Good for you, You should give yourself a big pat on the back, and don't be too down on yourself for a little mistake here and there, it happends to EVERYONE!! Good luck!

HI there and welcome to the forum:)

You determine when the right time is for you and nobody else. If you can do it now then it's all the better for the rest of the year, when temptations will be less. I wish you the best of luck with your goal and hope that you will receive the support you need outside of this forum as well!

Back