Boymom diary

Boymom

Hi

I am starting my weight loss journey hopefully for last time.
I had two babies 20' and 22' and I am 10 kg heavier than prepregnancy.
I hope I will lose weight in 90 days of keto.I exercise 3x a week also.

Start weight on 18.10.2023: 74.1 kg
Measurements:
Breast: 99 cm
Under breast: 83 cm
Waist: 82 cm
Hips at crotch: 109 cm
Thight: 55 cm
Arm: 33 cm

Hi Boymom and welcome to the forum! Do you have prior experience with keto or is it your first rodeo?
How old are your boys; are they twins?

Best of luck!

Hi thank you, I have 3 year old and 1 year old. I open account when I was boy mom and now I am boy and girl mom :D I tried hundred diets in last 3 year, keto is only one where I am not hungry. Also easiest.
I was twice on keto. Last year when I gave birth. I lost 5 kilos easy in month and then I stopped thinking i will eat less by myself. Did not happen. I tried once again but only for 2 weeks and stopped again.
So this is my 3rd chance.
First week went great. I have some small keto flu on day 4, i was little sleepy and dizzy and after that nothing. I am in ketosis since day 4, i have keto sticks.

My weight after 1st week is 71.3 kg (-2.8kg).

Hi @Boymom!

Looks like you are off to a great start and that's so good if you know keto and like it. I hope being here can help you stay on track.

@Trusylver, our resident keto expert, likes to point out that keto flu can be due to a lack of electrolytes when your body is flushing out that initial water weight and some extra salt can help but it sounds like you're past it already anyway. Good work!

What are you planning on getting down to, Boymom? I wish I was your current weight (or 75 kg) as it is my happy, healthy weight (not what any charts tell me I should be). I hope the keto flu passes quickly.

I want to go down to prepregnancy weight of 64 kg. I am built small frame and I really look best at my lowest weight. There is wrist test when you wrap your fingers around wrist.
If your thumb and index finger overlap, you likely have a small frame. If the two meet, your frame size is probably medium and you are large boned if they do not meet.

I want to go down to prepregnancy weight of 64 kg. I am built small frame and I really look best at my lowest weight. There is wrist test when you wrap your fingers around wrist.
If your thumb and index finger overlap, you likely have a small frame. If the two meet, your frame size is probably medium and you are large boned if they do not meet.

This wrist test is complete BS and is certainly not related to your ideal weight. While I could reference some science papers it is probably easier to ask how long are your fingers are they average, short long ? this is just one of the issues of measuring this way.

Breadth of the wrist has some correlation to frame size when measured from the lateral borders of the acromial processes but not wrist circumference. This still has no real bearing in ideal weight.

Also pee stix for measuring if you are in ketosis are not very useful

Day 12/90

I am currently on my period so it has been hard to resist kids sweets around house. Tonight i ate tablespoon of peanut butter little too fast. It freaked me out, i felt like i am gonna choke.
i have history if binge eating since I was 15. Now I am 34. It gets worse when I am in pms. Yesterday i binge on keto with chicken breasts lol but i still track calories and macros. So i was surprised i ate no more than 1800 kcal. But i am not under 20 grams of carbs as usual, I am around 30 grams last 2 days.
when i am on period i have 1 or 2 kilos more, and now i am staying on same weight.

Welcome Boymom! Glad to have you here!
i have history if binge eating since I was 15. Now I am 34.
You are not alone here, several of us have the bingeing problem. I have been bingeing since my earliest memories.. I think it helps to talk about and work on it together. I know of no cure, just ways to manage and limit it. Not sure a real "cure" exists, but keep looking.
There is wrist test when you wrap your fingers around wrist.
While I could reference some science papers it is probably easier to ask how long are your fingers are they average, short long ? this is just one of the issues of measuring this way.
Interesting, first I have heard of this. So perhaps I am not overweight my fingers are just too long?

Welcome Boymom! Glad to have you here!

You are not alone here, several of us have the bingeing problem. I have been bingeing since my earliest memories.. I think it helps to talk about and work on it together. I know of no cure, just ways to manage and limit it. Not sure a real "cure" exists, but keep looking.

It is so hard to deal with binging. It took me a long time till i realize i have problem. I have periodically fav food to binge. Worst was when i was in early 20s. I ate meat, bread and mayo every day for months. I gain 10 kilos and high cholesterol but got depressed after break up, i could not eat how depressed i was and lost all What is your binging food?
Lately i binged on my kids chocolates and sweets. I gained 5 kg this summer

Interesting, first I have heard of this. So perhaps I am not overweight my fingers are just too long?

It is not a great idea in a lot of circumstances to measure with another body part, we all have different segment proportions I have short stubby fingers which makes my wrist appear extremely large which it is not. I know my bone thicknesses are quite average but also are extremely dense. The variability in segment proportions also factors into how well we are built for specific sports.

It is not a great idea in a lot of circumstances to measure with another body part, we all have different segment proportions I have short stubby fingers which makes my wrist appear extremely large which it is not. I know my bone thicknesses are quite average but also are extremely dense. The variability in segment proportions also factors into how well we are built for specific sports.
Thanks, good info. How do you know your bones are very dense? Is that a good thing? It sounds like it is.

I am currently on my period so it has been hard to resist kids sweets around house.
A difficult combination for sure! I don't have sweets in my house as they are too hard to resist, but harder to do when you have kids in the house!

I went yesterday to cardiologist check up since i had perinatal cardiomiopathy and higher ldl cholesterol levels in past. Everything is great regarding my heart on uzv, it shrinken to normal range. It was dilated in past. I did not check ldl levels again but cardiologist suggest me to go on low fat diet instead of keto and check cholesterol in 2 months. So i have stopped keto because i am afraid my cholesterol would rise. I did not stop diet, i will just change my macros

My cardio & GP want me to be in a low-fat diet too, & IF & keto are out for me. It’s great that your heart is in good shape :)

Hey BM, how goes it?

Been a while since your last post, hope all is well.

Back