Weight-Loss Postcards On The Way!

Weight-Loss
We'll see if people live up to it this time around.... it would be NICE if they did..... just like it would be NICE if they stayed in the team when they asked to sign up....
I think this is my last time in the club..... :(

Here's a question..... lets say someone from last time around wins again this time around... do we send them another post card? I'm thinking it would only be fair...
Or what I may do is... If I sent you a postcard already and you win again... then I will send you an internet postcard... otherwise your getting a postcard....
I know I am speaking up too soon, but just a thought......

Christina said:
We'll see if people live up to it this time around.... it would be NICE if they did..... just like it would be NICE if they stayed in the team when they asked to sign up....
I think this is my last time in the club..... :(

i'm thinking its gonna be my last time in the challenge too. too many people are not dependable and i think its awful that they would join, do a disappearing act, not do a final weigh in, and not even bother sending post cards to the winners like planned!

IF and WHEN we do another 5 lb club competition....Lets face it...we already have an idea of the people that is willing to participate in it correctly. We need to ALWAYS have the rules posted. If someone is not taking it seriously...they will be removed from the team. Come the next competetion if they ask to be in it again and they are....and the SAME thing happens...they should not be allowed to play at all.
Sorry...it sounds a little harsh......but we ARE having a COMPETITION. The prizes arnt spectacular but they mean sooo much to those that are really trying hard.
I would rather someone on my team not lose any weight but give me much needed support,and motivation.....instead of a team mate that doesnt post not one time in 4 days!!!........We all have busy lives..okay maybe I dont....lol.. :rolleyes: ....but its just like exercising, eating right and washing your a**..you have to MAKE time for checking in .....Your not the only one playing the game. And for some of us..this "game" is what is really helping us with our weight loss. So I dont take it lightly. There are really great friends to make on this forum. But to get a good friend one has to be a good friend!!!

I couldnt of said it better myself. I enjoy the challenges so much and it really gets my butt motivated but its so nice when you get the reward at the end of the postcards it gives you something to look forward too and when noone sends them out its kinda not fair. I mean Im not complaining I love my postcards and Im still happy with my 5 :D

I have to agree. Those postcards on my fridge remind me every day of what I'm working for and they also remind me of how great the people here are who show so much support. I feel warm and fuzzy when I look at them so, I don't open the fridge!!!! I will say that because of my financial issues right now, if I am not in the winning group, I probably will have to send e-cards instead of post cards. I've made 2 trips to the pawn shop this week just to get gas to get to work, soo.........

kccruz said:
Okay!!!!!!! I got 2 more postcards.....One from Julie73 and one from Wonderwoman.....
That makes 4 sooo far.....how many should we be getting?...Thanks for the good sportsmanship!!!!!

I still have to send mine out... that is if I can find any!! Where did everyone get their postcards from? You would think they would be easy to find but I haven't found any!!! HELP!!

Hey jenny, I know alot of WalMarts have them up near the registers. Post Offices have them, but they usually are kind of expensive. Personally I would be perfectly happy with an e-card!

2bigforTexas said:
Hey jenny, I know alot of WalMarts have them up near the registers. Post Offices have them, but they usually are kind of expensive. Personally I would be perfectly happy with an e-card!

my post office didnt have any!

I've gotten 2 more cards this week...one from skinnysomewhere and WW...THANKS! I really love my cards and keep them on the fridge! It reminds me of the good friends I've made here!

I've decided to go back to counting cal's. Its soo much easier on me! I'm kickin azz on the next 5 pd club!

Got another postcard from trish..( skinnysomewhere)...thank ya hun!!!
I found my postcards at Rite Aid in the back!!!!!....They were 4 for a dollar!!!!...I bought 6 and with postage it only cost me $2.88!!!!!.....lol....I have now started to save and pick up pennies when I see them. I put them in a jar that I have labeled.." weight loss forum".....I figure maybe I will have enough by the middle of December to help for all that postage on them xmas cards!!!...lol..
You would think finding post cards would be easy huh?....Try drug stores, maybe a tourist info booth, and if all else fails...buy some posterboard...cut it into postcard size.....either you..( or have your kids)..decorate it with drawings, stickers, and send those!!!....What a fun family thing to do. And if they are old enough it would be a great time to tell them why you are sending them...start talking about healthy eating. exerecise,....team work.. sportsman ship!!!.....awwww..can I borrow someones child so I can do that with them?,,lol

good idea... put a food pyramid, and what we WISH it included... or whatever..

I found my postcards at HALLMARK...I've seen them at some Walmarts.... ummmm.... if you have a campground nearby, check and see if they have some in the camp store.... Or maybe you can buy some online... Home made ones sound cute! You may be able to make some on you PC at home, can you buy postcard stock for your printer? Then we can put pics and stuff... I dunno... just brain storming

Those are great ideas! Kim, I've got one I can send to you, but you'll have to keep her for 4 years. Then she will have finished high school!!!!!!! Just kidding, she drives me nuts but I can't imagine having her that far away. She's living in San Antonio now and even though it's only 35 miles, it seems so strange not to be waking her up for school in the morning!

2bigforTexas said:

You know, we have TWO Walmart stores here and I can't find a cotton pickin postcard in either of them. I mean, they have everything else, so why not postcards! I even tried Cracker Barrell and they didn't even have any which totally surprised me. Anyway, I am going to try Hallmark this weekend and if I can't find any there I am going to just have to send e-cards and that is not what I wanted to do.

Christina said:
good idea... put a food pyramid, and what we WISH it included... or whatever..

I found my postcards at HALLMARK...I've seen them at some Walmarts.... ummmm.... if you have a campground nearby, check and see if they have some in the camp store.... Or maybe you can buy some online... Home made ones sound cute! You may be able to make some on you PC at home, can you buy postcard stock for your printer? Then we can put pics and stuff... I dunno... just brain storming

Oooh! I am always trying to find some reason to use my print shop program! I am all the time making the boys t-shirts that way and I also always make their birthday party invitations. Remington's 5th birthday party was a Peanuts (Snoopy) party and at that time you couldn't find anything with Peanuts on it so I had to make EVERYTHING (decorations and all) using my print shop. I made the boys matching t-shirts with all of the Peanuts gang on the back to wear to the party. I even made little coloring books for the goody bags. Oh, and the goody bags were white paper lunch sacks with Snoopy on the front for the boys and Sally on the front for the girls. Oh, that was so much fun to do! And to think it won't be long and they won't want things like that.... :(

All excited just checked my mail and I got 3 more postcards. How fun. I got 8 now all together these latest 3 are from KCKRUZ, NewBride02 and Julieann...Thanx Girls. I love mail these will go up on my fridge with the others.

Out of all these people....( not counting the winning team)....I received only 5 postcards and 1 email card...... :( Thanks Christina, skinnysomewhere, Wonderwoman, turtlemomma, julie73 and cmsstewert...!!!! :D .....The postcards are really going to help me in this next challange!!!! It really means a lot to me!!! :p

Group 1-----------------total loss so far 17/25
jennylynn-----4.5
christina------5
amomono-----1.5
JulieW73------6
JenJen

Group 2-----------------total loss so far 16.4/25
newbride02----6
Julienn--------4.6
Kccruz---------3
CoasterGirl4----2.8
2big4texas-----