P90x

a few questions

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and also just been introduced to the P90X system. I have been tryin to get a few questions answered but I get generic responses from customer service, go figure lol I see some of you have gave a list og items u need. If you can afford it, would u suggest the free weights and the resistance bands? also do u need any type of flat bench to do any of these exercises?

Also, the guy talkin about the p90x pull up bar, is the the one your talkin about?

if not, which one?

Also, I think I may run into a bit of a problem, I wil be doin most of this in my basement which only has a 7 1/2 foot ceiling, does this mean there will be videos I cannot do with the low clearance? If so how many would u guess?

Im really sorry bout all these questions, however I've been tryin to get them answered by there customer servince and i get routed to other sites which is annoying. Id like to try this program but need some of these answered so i can get what I need and see where else i can do them

Thanks alot

Its hard to get the best answers unless you are talking to someone who has already done the program and is familiar with everything about it such as myself. I am glad you contacted me so that I could answer your questions. I cant wait to see where you will be in 90 days after you start p90x!

I do own it, and it was and still is worth every single penny, it was a bit pricy but its really a hardcore tough workout that will bring you results and no im not paid to say this haha Im 18 and trying to get in shape for firefighting and its awsome. I think everyone should try it, do it at your own pace, cus its rough. It works though, honest to god.

I have been doing this for about a year now, it really works. I went from being 6'3, 210ish to 6'3 185 and have 31 waist again!! (with good eating habits)

I will say that Tony is abit annoying at times, but you will get over that. I only bought the DVD's, I don't buy their supplements or follow their meal plan. I eat extremely healthy, no junk food/fast food ever.

P90X Progress

I've got 3 weeks left before I finish my first 90 day round of P90X and I've had great results. So far I've lost 16 lbs and 7%BF. I'm stronger, more flexible, and have more energy than I have in years. Below is a link that will take you to my Day 1 and Day 60 pics. You have to select "Read my Story" and my pics will come up.

I owe a great deal of my success to people who supported me through this, including my Beachbody Coach and others on the forums. In Turn, I'm happy to help anyone who needs it. If you have any questions, post them here or leave me your e-mail in the box provided at the link below.:

"OK, so I haven't posted here enough to post a link yet. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you a link to my pics and additional info"

jmcdon7740@aol.com

Make the decision to change...it will be worth it.

Jerry

Hi, I am new here, and I want to share my experience with u.

I experience a comfortable, fast and healthy way,P90X, the DVD I want to thanks.

It gave me a detailed help, guided me and helped me, what's most important, gave me the hope.

I saw it from the website dvduz.com
bought it and followed the direction everyday.

It is absolutely amazing! I lost 20 pounds in one month!

Now,I recommend it to u, just try it and change your life!

I am on week 4 and P90X is a killer, all you really need is the pull up bar, resistance bands or weights and the motivation to press play. So far I haven't been able to tell the difference physically, but my breathing is better and i have more energy and stamina.

I thought sharing my experience with P90x would also help give some perspective on if P90x works or not.
I've gone through 2 rounds so far. First round was the standard version and the 2nd round I did a hybrid of P90x, Tony Horton's One on One's and P90x Plus. It mostly focused on the P90x Plus and then intertwined the others at various points.
I've gone from 185 pounds down to 159 pounds so far. Don't want to go down much more in weight personally. Body fat went from 28% -> 17% and still going.

You can really go far with this program if you follow through with it. Takes some dedication but with all things in life, if you don't put the time in, you won't get the results. THis is definitely not a 'quick' fix scenario. It's a commitment to change your lifestyle and especially your eating habits.

anyways, i've loved every minute of it. I probably wasn't saying that the first week of course. I've not gone on to try out the new Insanity program. On day 9 of that right now.

have fun and good luck with your success stories and transformations. They are there to be had. if you ever want to chat about it, drop me a line kevinrprice@nospam.gmail.com remove the nospam of course. I follow my workout escapades at my website, easy to remember kevinpricedotcom :)

Was wondering, anyone got any good snack ideas? I have such a hard time figuring out mid-morning and afternoon snacks that are good. Somewhere in the 300 calorie range. Any ideas appreicated.

I'm really curious about P90X Plus, so my questions are...
What if your somebody who doesn't have workout equiptment at home?
What additional equipment do you need to purchase in order to follow the DVD exactly as it is?
I'm interested in eventually doing this, because I hear nothing but great things about it from many different people.

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
I have a few questions also....

1. I don't have a door frame that will support the chin up bar.........any ideas on how to build afreestanding bracket or ssomething?

2. I'm fine with the bands but I am sure my husband will want weights. Any clues on fairly inexpensive weights?

3. Push up stands? Are they necessary or just a luxury?

Thanks

I have a few questions also....

1. I don't have a door frame that will support the chin up bar.........any ideas on how to build afreestanding bracket or ssomething?

2. I'm fine with the bands but I am sure my husband will want weights. Any clues on fairly inexpensive weights?

3. Push up stands? Are they necessary or just a luxury?

Thanks

I never used a bar for the first two times I did P90X, I just used the bands for pullup stuff... still had great results.

you really won't need that many different poundages. just a few will work.

I guess you could call them a luxury.. they do help to take a lot of pressure off of your wrists.. You could use a couple of barbells instead.. although stands will probably give you a better range of motion.. They can be picked up pretty cheaply at any sporting good store...

I'm really curious about P90X Plus, so my questions are...
What if your somebody who doesn't have workout equiptment at home?
What additional equipment do you need to purchase in order to follow the DVD exactly as it is?
I'm interested in eventually doing this, because I hear nothing but great things about it from many different people.

for p90x+ I would definitely recommend a chin-up bar, and a few weights. P90x+ adds a lot more cardio to the table then just strength training..

have you done /just/ P90X?

I loved the addition of P90X + after doing a round of P90X. It adds nice variety to an already variety-full workout. If you have already done a round of p90x then I would opt to get a pull up bar. You are probably ready for that by now :) If not, the bands still get the job done and the variety of P90X + will still add some wonderful variety to P90X.

for p90x+ I would definitely recommend a chin-up bar, and a few weights. P90x+ adds a lot more cardio to the table then just strength training..

have you done /just/ P90X?

I haven't done any of the P90X programs yet, but I hear so much rave about it and the results people have gotten from it that I'm definitely going to try it at some point in the near future. I really can't do more than a day of intense cardio yet for what I'm trying to accomplish, but by sometime next year, intense cardio will become more prominent in my workouts. When I do it. I will probably start with the most beginners P90X, whether I think it may be easy for me or not, and then work my way up.

So you suggest a chin up bar? I bought that Iron Gym chin up bar and unfortunately I learned after I got it that there is no door way in my house that I can attach it to. So I'm not sure what to do about that? Any other suggestions?

What kind of weights do you suggest? Another words, how light to how to heavy?

Is all other equipment that you need to do the PX90 supplied to you when you purchase it?
If so, what are they? Is it just resistance bands?

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
My favorite weights are powerblocks. They don't break easily like the select techs do and they are cheaper so it's a win win. If you are out of options for a pull up bar you may just want to buy a pull up station. I saw one at ****s sporting goods about a month ago for only a hundred dollars.

Was wondering, anyone got any good snack ideas? I have such a hard time figuring out mid-morning and afternoon snacks that are good. Somewhere in the 300 calorie range. Any ideas appreicated.

Small handful of almonds and 16 oz. of skim milk.

Apple (sliced) with peanut or almond butter.

2% (or non-fat) cheese and an 8 oz. glass of OJ or low-sodium V8.

There's lots more but that is the first thing that popped in my head when I read that sentence because almonds and milk are "go to's" for me in the morning and cheese and V8 in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Hey, got a question for you P90X users. Should I or should I not be using Creatine in the first phase? I started using it this week (loading phase) and gained 4 pounds. I'm in the second week of P90X. I actually look thinner this week than what I did last week, although my pants are still tight in the waist..LOL!

I do know Creatine makes you gain initial water weight, but I guess I just want reassurance that I'm not sabotaging myself before I really get started. The creater of P90X, Tony Horton, pushes his recovery drink in very DVD, but his recovery drink contains Creatine. A buddy of mine who has went through P90X a couple times told me to absolutely not take any Creatine in the phase 1. So, I'm just a bit confused with the contradicting info. Thanks in advance!

Back