P90x

Hello all,

I was curious on any thoughts about the P90X program. I usually dont go for any quick fix type workout videos but I have actually heard some good things about this series.

Thoughts? Anyone have it or use it

Cheers

I'm curious about this too. Usually when you see some type of program like this, it's been common knowledge in the fitness world for some time, and I'd like to know what fundamental principle they're using.

It's not really a 'quick fix' It's a workout/diet program. I am using it and am quite happy with the results. I can't make it to the gym due to time constraints. I could easily lift weights at the house, but I find it very easy to become distracted by anything else.. Following a DVD with a set program helps me focus and finish.

*shrug* It's not for everyone, I guess, but it works for me...

This infomercial is often playing during my morning cardio. The skinny woman who says that her little brother needs to "watch out" irritates me. I want to kick her in the teeth.

ya im using the P90 rate now im currently on day 19 and im getting fast results and im happy im not over weight or anything like that i just want to get in shape. currently im up to both sweat 3-4 and sculpt 3-4 and using 15 and 20 pound weights for exercises im toning up all over

sweat is like HIIT its high intensity and full body exercise. my legs are all muscle now lol and amazed what you can do in like 3 weeks. yoga/stretch, jump jacks, Lateral Work, skipping, fast feet, knee lifts 4 or 5 different ways, kicking 3 different ways, punching 3 different ways all in about 40-55min matters what lvl you take 1hr plus for 5-6 but thats in master series

Sculpt is basic free weight training you do everything from squats, 3 part curls and push ups, military presses,Upright rows, Back Fly, Swimmers Press, Heavy Pants and many others all in about 30-45min matters what lvl you take 1hr plus for 5-6 but thats in master series

then abs lvl 1=10 each 2=20 each
a. Basic Ab Crunch
b. Right to Left Crunch
c. Left To Right Crunch
d. Elbow to Knee Crunch
e. Superman Crunch
f. Basic Leg Lifts
g. In & Outs
h. Lower Ab Hip Rock
i. Bicycle
j. Full Body Crunch

takes about 4-6min on each lvl

if you want to do P90X go to site see if you pass the physical test thats online if ya dont its up to you. me personally will be finishing off P90 then going to P90X

i will post a new thread when i meet day 30 so you can see my day 1 to 30 difference then update 60, 90 etc as time goes on

but i highly recommend it

The skinny woman who says that her little brother needs to "watch out" irritates me. I want to kick her in the teeth.

For some reason this was extremely funny to me. I have no idea what you're even talking about but this is the funniest thing I've read all day. Kick her in the teeth lol.

Tihs reminds me, my shotput coach once told me he was gonna punch me in the back of the face. Which I also found hilarious.

I think so

I've looked at the program b/c my dad ordered it, and I actually think it has some merit. The diet is healthy, they tell you to eat fruits, veggies, meats, and nuts. They tell you to spread your meals over the day, which isn't new to fitness. They're not re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, they're just spelling out what has been known for some time now. It's a program that if you stick with the diet, it will help.

Honestly, I'm of the mindset that ANY kind of physical activity is beneficial, especially since more than 2/3 of the population is overweight and 1/3 of those are obese. If people can't get to the gym or don't feel comfortable in the gym, I think a home fitness program or home gym can work. As long as you do it and work hard at it.

That's my 2 cents...

It works

I've only been using it for 3 weeks and I can see the difference already. I'm toning well and my eating habits are better. Although the workouts kick my butt, I still make myself stick with it. What I like about it is I have the freedom to work out at home and still have gym results. Motivation is the key. If you really want to lose the weight or you really want to tone ur body it's the right way to go.

"I was curious on any thoughts about the P90X program."

I used it and graduated a round of it. Look at my profile for my before and after picture. It works as it says it does.

"Spend the money on going to the gym instead, honestly. My roomate had teh first incarnation of the power 90 series and it's really no replacement for hard work in the gym."

No doubt the first p90 is a good hard workout but it can't be compared to p90x. P90x still
is not for everyone, but I do recommend it for anyone who has ever experienced plateauing and or
interested in an extreme challenging home fitness program.

"Following a DVD with a set program helps me focus and finish."

Same here. Plus, it taught me how to lift and how to eat right. Once and a while ill
do my work outs at the gym with confidence that I know what I am doing. I can say the same
for my grocery shopping and eating out. P90X doesnt use anything that isnt already known knowledge but its a great tool for those who do not know how to avoid plateauing, how to work
out properly and eat right.

"me personally will be finishing off P90 then going to P90X"

Right on man!

"Is there a list of exercises that they have on there?"

The fitness book has all of the dvd workouts printed so you can take it to the gym if you wish without having to rely on your memory from the dvd's. If you have a set of dumbbells or resistance bands and a pull up bar you are set.

I'm wondering if anyone is using this routine and running at the same time? I'm training for a marathon and don't want to do anything that will take away from this, but I really need to work on core training.

Any thoughts?

If you are training to run a marathon then p90x definately isnt for you. Certain segments may help you like core synergistics. But for the most part this program is an anaerobic workout designed for a well balance of immaculate fitness.

Last edited:
p90x equip

Could someone (who has completed the program) categorized the equipment used during the 90 day p90x program as Essential, Useful, and Non-Essential please.

i.e. Pull-up bar a must? Dumbells? How many dumbells?

I want to start the program, and want to get the most bang for my buck without buying stuff that I don't need for success.

Thanks

Must have

Chin up bar(either theirs or walmart)

some kind of free weights/bands (Selecttech if you can afford them great investment)

chocolate milk lol i know but easy and cheap recovery drink just mix in with protein if your drinking that too

Not needed but helps for further improvement

push up bars(Perfect pushup)

Yoga mat

Yoga block

Hand Weights to make Kenpo X... etc harder like 1-3lbs

heart rate monitor

Was looking at chin-up bars on ebay. The "Doorway" one seems to be really popular for p90x. I like it, but its really expensive.

Any tips for discount/used items for the chin-up bar or other equip?

Anyone want to sell me their used chin-up bar?

if your doing just P90X your fine with walmart chin up bar but if you intend to go on to P90X+ some of the moves requires their bar because they got like 10 positions for pullups and i move uses 7 of them

i did 2 rounds of p90x before buying their chinup bar because im just starting P90X+ now and its killing me, and you can do whatever needed on normal chinup bar for P90X

did the "wal-mart" chin-up bar cause damage to your door frame? Even slight?

I rent, and won't be able to use it if it will cause damage.

By the same token, how is the P90X+ chin-up bar treating your doorframe?
leaving any marks or anything?

Appreciate the advice.

nope no marks from Walmart bar but with the P90X one it has left some marks so all i did was modify lol going to dollarama by buying the felt protector ends for chairs i put those on and now im fine

Back