Omega's new journey - time to do it again...

Thanks for visiting.

I have finished the steroids and antibiotics and I feel like I don't need to ask for more as at long last I am definitely winning against the virus. It is several days since I needed to use any ventolin to help me breathe and my chest feels a lot clearer too... I think that the slight cough I have is more an "aftereffect"...

I have even had four decent night's sleep in a row...

I got back on the scales this morning and my weight is up a bit - but not too bad... 14st13 which is better than I thought it would be...
I haven't eaten as clean as I should over the past couple of weeks (feeling a bit sorry for myself if I'm honest!!!)

On the positive side - I kept up with my arm exercises every day.

I have a bunch of radiotherapy sessions booked during the period up until 8th March which are dependant upon me being reasonably fit and healthy so we are twitchy about more germs or a relapse... We are therefore both going into a form of semi lockdown and avoiding company (apart from one key event which has been arranged a very long time) between now and then...

Good to hear you're feeling better and very sensible to be so careful before radiotherapy.

It's understandable that you felt a little sorry for yourself, M. I'm glad you're coming through the worst of it. I said to my husband, G that you would probably get the Wordle early yesterday, but it doesn't work that way does it? Have you been feeling well enough to dance at home or is that something that you & Rod only do out?

Thanks for visiting.

We don't tend to dance together around the house... We certainly haven't been over the past few weeks...
A key issue is that the floors are all carpeted which does not make a lot of moves easy... We do plan on eventually creating a hard floor for dancing - but we'll have to wait a while for such improvements...

When we dance in the house - it tends to be when one of us watches a dance video which we think has a nice move in it... We sometimes grab each other and see how to make it happen.

When we go out dancing we spend a lot of the time dancing with other people. We only dance maybe a couple of dances together on a night out.

As an aside I should add that the floors are carpeted because my mother controlled such matters in the house until her death in September - and we really haven't had time to do anything... We still haven't sorted out her things or done the probate stuff...

September was monopolised with sorting out the funeral... I was so drained... I had to sort it out twice because the first funeral was all arranged and announced in the newspaper - then the Queen died and her funeral was the same date so all funerals were cancelled and we had a very stressful time sorting out a new date before a load of relatives went on holiday... We decided that we needed a holiday more than they all did as we felt totally drained - so we went out and booked a holiday for the day after the funeral... It was the best thing that we could have done.

We decided to go on holiday again to the same place a month after getting back - as we felt that it had been so good... We had to work really hard on our business books during that month to make that happen - as we needed to get things to the accountant before the end of November so it effectively brought our deadline earlier... We also caught up on our winter flu and covid jabs and slotted in various medical appointments that we had been putting off over the previous months... The breast scan invite had been sitting on my desk from February - but we all put things off and I'd been pretty busy...

I came back from holiday late November to a letter waiting for me asking me to go to the hospital the next day because of my breast scan (which is when I had the biopsy)... Since then my time has been monopolised with the breast cancer thing... I am still reading books from the hospital to prepare myself as best I can.

I still have a mountain of tasks to face...

Got weighed this morning - 14st12.75
OK weight to reflect an ok day... No better than ok...
No junk food but the main meal was a ready meal (the thing we planned on having looked like it had gone off when we defrosted it so we went for a fall-back position option)... It was not filling so I followed it up with a cheese sandwich and a slice of toast which would not have helped things....
No exercise other than arm exercises...
I slept well for the 5th night in a row which was great though

Given all you've been through the past half year or so OK days are pretty impressive.

I was quietly pleased with the day for the most part...
No chocolate, crisps, sweets, alcohol... Pretty clean all considered... Lunch was a big bowl of porridge with honey.
Spoilt it all with the sandwich and slice of toast after my evening meal - but I was hungry and too tired to be more inventive...

Not all is spoiled: it just wasn't AS perfect as it might have been. Give yourself some credit! It's not like you stuffed your face with junkfood until you passed out

Had a better day Thursday - but still ended up the same weight this morning - 14st12.75

I ate healthily all day - but was hungry in the morning - so ate a fair bit of healthy food then...
No exercise - other than arm exercises.

Learnt that NHS is considering strike action on three days at the start of March - and I have appointments on each of those days... I'm just hoping that doesn't mean that my appointments get messed about...

Back