Olga's diary

PolishJewGirl

-- How much weight do you want to lose?
45 kg.

-- What is the timeframe for reaching your target weight?
1 year.

-- How do you want to accomplish your goal (what methods do you want to use)?
Veganism+ exercises (stepping exercises, exercises for arms: light dumbbells, posture improving exercises, sit-ups, all in all about 20 minutes every day).

-- Who or what can support you in reaching your goal?
My friends.

-- How realistic is your goal?
I think it is realistic because it is not hard to lose 3-5 kg a month keeping to the diet and exercises, the main thing is consistency.

-- When will you start?
I have already started (from the 3o of January)

1. What is your current height and weight? Height is 160 cm, weight is 90 kg.
  2. If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be? I think 47-48 kg.
  3. At what weight would you like to be at four months from now? 70-75 kg.
  4. Why do you want to lose weight? I want to lose weight because it is healthy; and because my friends will be surprised and glad to see a new me, and because for slim girls there are a huge choice of fancy fashionable clothes which I cannot find for my weight category.
  5. Do you want to lose weight for a specific life event such as wedding or reunion? If so, when is that event? Nope, actually. But the second year starts at the university in September 2018 (I am doing my Master's right now), and it would be good to appear with a perfect body shape in September.
  6. What obstacles could get between you and your weight loss goals? My junk food cravings, pickles and sweets, or too much stress.
  7. Why do you think that you now have a weight problem? I think I am overweight because it is hard for me to walk a lot and my BMI is not ideal.
  8. What lifestyle changes do you think would help you lose weight? Now I have different views on life.
  9. Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight? I lost weight in the past, but it was harmful for my health, I won't repeat that again.
  10. Why do you believe that you did not lose weight or you gained the weight back? My scales are not lying to me.
  11. What, if anything, has not worked for you in the past in helping you to lose weight? Why do you think it did not work? Because it is harmful.
  12. Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time? Yes, and I am already doing that.
  13. Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook? I rarely cook, I prefer just veggies and fruit.
  14. How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go? Quite seldom, it is a lack of vegan restaurants over here.
  15. What are your three favorite foods? Kumquats, cherry tomatos, clementines.
  16. What are your three favorite restaurants? Omg. They are fastfood restaurants like Subway. I don't go there now. :)
  17. What are three things you can do differently when it comes to food? Eat raw fruit and veggies, drink lots of mineral water, avoid chocolate. Or you mean something else?
  18. If you woke up tomorrow and your body was exactly the way you want it, what would be different? I would visit all my friends, neighbours, and acquaintances; I would buy lots of fashionable clothes, I would walk a lot and go out as often as possible for everybody to see me and not to recognise a new me.
  19. Do you eat when you are not hungry? Sometimes.
  20. Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)? Yes.
  21. Do you hide your food or eat in secret? Never.
  22. Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed? Yes.
  23. Do you eat as a reward? Yes.
  24. Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer? Yes.
  25. What do you normally eat for a meal? Now it is only veggies and fruit, before it was lots of pasta with ketchup, a fizzy drink and a chocolate candy.
  26. What type of snacks do you eat? Now it is a banana, before -- some crisps.
  27. In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing? Sit-ups, arms exercises, exercises for my back.
  28. Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home? At home.
  29. What, if anything, are your three favorite types of exercise? Sit-ups, arms exercises, exercises for my back.
  30. What is your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly motivation to move towards your goals? I hope to lose at least 600 grams a week.
  31. Do you have rewards for certain goals? Yes, I would buy my favorite types of berries and fruit.

Last edited:
Today:
Raw cabbage 100 grams, crisp bread 300 grams, mineral water 500 ml, hot tea with a teaspoon of sugar 3 cups, 2 small green apples.
Exercises - 20 minutes.
Possibly forgot some snacks, but I am sure I have not eaten fat/milk products/meat/sweets/pickles because I don't have them at home and I have not gone out today.

Hi, Olga & welcome to the forum. It seems like you have a sound plan to lose weight, the healthy way. All the best with it & I look forward to following your progress. Cheers, Cate.
Thank you!
is the food you have eaten today normal for you ? both in quantity and type ?
Quantity is enough, I am full, but the type is not really mine because before I was a great fan of fast food, fizzy drinks, pasta with different sauces, chocolate candies, etc. But now I am going to eat lots of sweet fruit, as bananas, berries, oranges, and tangerines, as well as some favorite veggies as cherry tomatoes, to reduce my cravings. Today is another cabbage and crisp day, and then, starting from the 5 of February, I am going to try some variety, because from next week my mother will probably stay at my place and will surely talk me into eating cheeseburgers so I should be happy with my diet to continue keeping to it.

extreme low calories and almost no protein is not healthy, vegans need to make careful food choices to ensure they are meeting nutritional needs.

what foods are you planning to add to your diet to maintain good nutrition?
Agree, but I work from home, walking only once or twice a week (mostly using a taxi) all my physical activity is 20 minutes exercises.
I think I will add bananas (I ate them today, actually). I am afraid to add nuts because it might be too fattening for me. In one day or two, my stepper will be delivered and I will be exercising more (don’t really like walking outside, it’s so cold here), possibly I will have some high-calorie food.

Hello Olga

hope you can help me.im 50 yrs old,male,95 kilo,height 1,76,and have started a diet.my daily intake of food is mornings,a bowl of fish soup with rice,or chicken with veggie,afternoon,pork or fish,late afternoon 1 large Guava.
I run 7 kilometre 5 days a week in the morning time.
I know nothing about dieting,but from what ive read,i need 3500 calories a day to keep my weight,and 1800 a day to lose weight quickly.
The food i eat a day is about 900 calories,and i burn 700 by running.so mydaily calorie is 200.I know this sounds crazy and most likely incorrect,could someone please tell me how it really works.id very much like to get down to 85 kilos.i was 104 in november,and now 95,since i stopped drinking beer.

Today: 400 grams of buckwheat porridge without milk, sugar, and butter, 300 grams brussels sprouts (boiled with a tablespoon of sunflower oil and salt), one glass of sparkling mineral water, some tea with sugar. Possibly I'll eat something else.

at 1637 calories you are probably a little over on your intake for the day with almost all calories being in your porridge. you also again were unable to get enough protein.

are you tracking your own calories and nutrition ?

Hello Olga

hope you can help me.im 50 yrs old,male,95 kilo,height 1,76,and have started a diet.my daily intake of food is mornings,a bowl of fish soup with rice,or chicken with veggie,afternoon,pork or fish,late afternoon 1 large Guava.
I run 7 kilometre 5 days a week in the morning time.
I know nothing about dieting,but from what ive read,i need 3500 calories a day to keep my weight,and 1800 a day to lose weight quickly.
The food i eat a day is about 900 calories,and i burn 700 by running.so mydaily calorie is 200.I know this sounds crazy and most likely incorrect,could someone please tell me how it really works.id very much like to get down to 85 kilos.i was 104 in november,and now 95,since i stopped drinking beer.
Hello there! I am not a dietician, I don't know, I have not found a good diet plan for myself yet. But I wish you best of luck on your road to a perfect body!
at 1637 calories you are probably a little over on your intake for the day with almost all calories being in your porridge. you also again were unable to get enough protein.

are you tracking your own calories and nutrition ?
Yes, I am going to do that!
I think tomorrow I'll have 300-400 grams of boiled yellow split peas (cooked with salt but without oil), 50 grams of peanuts (fried with a teaspoon of sunflower oil), and 500 grams of raw tomatoes+ some mineral water and some tea with sugar.

Today:
green canned peas 240 ml;
fried peanuts (150 grams) with a half of teaspoon of sunflower and some salt;
boiled yellow spilt peas 250 grams;
4 glasses of mineral water;
3 cups of tea with sugar (without milk).
I can't eat more.:eek:

Omg
+a glass of smoothie from 6 bananas and 3 teaspoons of cranberries rubbed with sugar+some water.
I got too many calories again.

Today:
Banana smoothie (2,5 bananas+water+3 teaspoons of cranberries rubbed with sugar) 250 cal. 2.8 grams of protein.
Tangerines 600 grams. 318 cal. 4.8 grams of protein.
Boiled yellow split peas 300 grams; 180 cal. 18 grams of protein.
Sea cabbage salad 120 grams. 70 cal. 1 gram of protein.
Fried peanuts 50 grams. 310 cal. 13 grams of protein.
1248 cal.39,6 grams of protein. + 15 minutes of exercises.

I need to buy tofu. :toetap05:
Have ordered an abdominal exerciser, some weights for feet and hands, a neckline slimmer, an anticellulite massager.

How do you want to accomplish your goal (what methods do you want to use)?
Veganism+ exercises (stepping exercises, exercises for arms: light dumbbells, posture improving exercises, sit-ups, all in all about 20 minutes every day).

Why do you think that you now have a weight problem?
I think I am overweight because it is hard for me to walk a lot and my BMI is not ideal.

In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing?
Sit-ups, arms exercises, exercises for my back.

What, if anything, are your three favorite types of exercise?
Sit-ups, arms exercises, exercises for my back.

Concentrating on watching your diet will probably give you the greatest potential weight loss. However, based on what you have ordered and some of your initial comments, I believe that you should think about adding some walking as part of your arsenal. It may be hard at your BMI but most people who make an effort find it gets easier rapidly. It does not require a gym membership but you do need to find a safe place to walk and you need to own comfortable supportive shoes. The exercises you identify as currently doing will not provide much boost in helping lose weight and your newly ordered items are unlikely to provide as much benefit as some walking. You have said it is cold outside and had a stepper ordered but it isn't difficult to stay warm if you dress appropriately and keep moving. If you have the means, it would be helpful to try exploring some neighborhoods or parks and add a mission, like taking a unique photograph or finding a geocache, or observing birds or anything that piques your interest in order to make it a more interesting activity. Being outdoors and moving about is good for you in many ways and will prime you for even more activity when it gets warmer, after all, you are looking to accomplish your goal by September and there's a whole summer in between.

Thank you for your support!
My studies at the university start next week. I will go on foot to the university. I think it will take me 25 minutes (2-4 times per week). :)

That's a brilliant way to get started. Make sure you don't over do it in the beginning and you will soon adjust to the effort. I would watch for nature's changes with the arrival of spring as one way to add some value to your trips but I'm sure you can come up with other ways to make it more enriching. There really are few better ways to start a fitness journey than walking, and just taking one step after the other.

That's a brilliant way to get started. Make sure you don't over do it in the beginning and you will soon adjust to the effort. I would watch for nature's changes with the arrival of spring as one way to add some value to your trips but I'm sure you can come up with other ways to make it more enriching. There really are few better ways to start a fitness journey than walking, and just taking one step after the other.
Thank you!

Today:
Cherry tomatoes, 250 grams,
Sea cabbage, 100 grams,
6 bananas,
3 carrots,
Some lemon, and 2 teaspoons of of cranberries rubbed with sugar.

I have overeaten today. :( Don't feel well.

Hi Olga, I know you don´t know me but your diary worries me a bit. About this day...
250 g tomatoes: 45 kcal.
100 g sea cabbage: 25 kcal
6 bananas (I´m guessing around 900 g?): 840 kcal
3 carrots (300 g?): 120 kcal
Some lemon, and 2 teaspoons of of cranberries rubbed with sugar: 40 g if I count that as pure sugar.
Makes 1030 kcal. That´s not overeating. Your stomach may feel bad because you´re eating things your body isn´t used to and your body isn´t getting all the nutrients it needs (most glaringly obvious: very little protein and no fat) but you´re clearly under quick-weightloss calories for a sedentary woman. Telling yourself you´re overeating while you´re starving yourself makes me worry about you. Eating disorders lie that way. Maybe you can get help from a dietician through college? I want you (and everyone else) to succeed long-term and for that you have to make sure your body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. You deserve good things.
Best of luck, LaMa.

Hi Olga, I know you don´t know me but your diary worries me a bit. About this day...
250 g tomatoes: 45 kcal.
100 g sea cabbage: 25 kcal
6 bananas (I´m guessing around 900 g?): 840 kcal
3 carrots (300 g?): 120 kcal
Some lemon, and 2 teaspoons of of cranberries rubbed with sugar: 40 g if I count that as pure sugar.
Makes 1030 kcal. That´s not overeating. Your stomach may feel bad because you´re eating things your body isn´t used to and your body isn´t getting all the nutrients it needs (most glaringly obvious: very little protein and no fat) but you´re clearly under quick-weightloss calories for a sedentary woman. Telling yourself you´re overeating while you´re starving yourself makes me worry about you. Eating disorders lie that way. Maybe you can get help from a dietician through college? I want you (and everyone else) to succeed long-term and for that you have to make sure your body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. You deserve good things.
Best of luck, LaMa.
I really wanted to eat at least 150 grams of nuts yesterday, but I felt like I was full. I think it is a problem with my stomach acid. Usually I am hungry as a horse, but yesterday something happened to my digestion. I already had trouble with my stomach acid in the past. I solved that taking some pills for better digestion.

Back