My weight loss journey

I didn't have access to a computer so I didn't log yesterday. I didn't binge, went for a walk and slept well. I feel better now. :)

Day 29
  • Breakfast:
    • greek yogurt: 200 kcal
    • peanuts: 310 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • chicken with cheese sauce: 720 kcal
Total: 1230 kcal

Last edited:
Today is also measure day and I think I did pretty good.

waist: 88 cm
tummy: 110 cm
hips: 117.8 cm

So far I lost 8 cm in waist, 5 cm in tummy and 3.2 cm in hips, so in average that's 5.4 cm lost. I did some research and approximately 1 kg = 0.7 cm and if that's true I lost 3.78 kg (8.33 lbs) so far. I am losing more cm in waist, maybe that has something to do with the fact I am pear shaped. If someone knows more about that, I would appreciate some explanation.

Everyone loses weight in different places at different rates. It´s mostly genetic. Losing 5 cm on your waist is awesome though, congratulations! And well done not binging yesterday.

Didn't have time to log in yesterday, so here it is.

Day 30
  • Breakfast:
    • peanuts: 330 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • canned tuna: 330 kcal
    • yogurt: 100 kcal
    • bread: 180 kcal
Total: 1140 kcal

Feeling down today. It takes a lot of courage to say this out loud, but I got nowhere and no one else to say it. My boyfriend and I are together for almost 5 years. He drinks, like every day. He doesn't get visibly intoxicated and doesn't become angry or violent or something like that. His father is an alcoholic, very troublesome one. Recently I got this red flags that he is slowly becoming his father and every time I bring up that topic he is like "I like drinking, what is a big deal, I don't cause any trouble". I don't know what to do, I don't know do I have reason to worry. How to decide what to do... :(

I'm so sorry to hear that :grouphug: Is it the amount he currently drinks and the things he does or is it more your fear that it might get problematic in the future because of his dad's example? I can see someone reacting negatively when they're just having a post-work beer, and their partner remarks on that - aagain. But if you remark on a specific behavior ( which you think results from alcohol consumption) at a time when he isn't drinking and he ignores that or gets upset I think that might be a problem. I'm not a relationship expert though!

I'm so sorry to hear that :grouphug: Is it the amount he currently drinks and the things he does or is it more your fear that it might get problematic in the future because of his dad's example? I can see someone reacting negatively when they're just having a post-work beer, and their partner remarks on that - aagain. But if you remark on a specific behavior ( which you think results from alcohol consumption) at a time when he isn't drinking and he ignores that or gets upset I think that might be a problem. I'm not a relationship expert though!
I am afraid mostly because of his dad's example. His behavior doesn't become that different. His mother also told me several time that I'll have a lot of problems because of his drinking because he will be exactly like his father.

On the food front, I think I did ok, I also went for a walk.

Day 31
  • Breakfast:
    • salami scrambled eggs: 220 kcal
    • cheese: 120 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • peanuts: 300 kcal
    • protein shake: 200 kcal
Total: 1140 kcal

His behavior doesn't become that different. His mother also told me several time that I'll have a lot of problems because of his drinking because he will be exactly like his father.
I think it´s normal for you to feel that way but at the same time I can understand that he´d be annoyed at your criticism when he´s (currently) drinking a "normal", culturally accepted amount. Nobody likes to get compared to a problematic parent. So... I don´t have any answers here.

Hi sad girl! I hope its okay for me to write here once. I just wondered whether he sees his father as problematic due to alcohol or as a role model. I've got no answers either though, no relationship expert.

Take care and good progress!

Day 31 - congrats on making it past the first month! Maybe we should have a poker chip for that or something...

I don't have any answers about your boyfriend, but I kind of feel sorry for his upbringing. Not only does he have an alcoholic father, but it sounds like his mother goes behind his back to undermine his relationship with you.

Hi, sad girl. I was thinking about what to say to you about your BF's drinking when Err2 posted. I feel sorry for his upbringing too. He will not necessarily become an alcoholic but he has grown up seeing alcohol use as the norm. I don't know how many drinks he has at the end of the day or what they are. My Dad was probably an alcoholic & his behaviour changed very badly when he drank. I would have been very hurt if anyone would assume that I would become like him after a couple of drinks. If I ever felt that I was going down that road I would be the first to stop drinking even one drop.

I think it´s normal for you to feel that way but at the same time I can understand that he´d be annoyed at your criticism when he´s (currently) drinking a "normal", culturally accepted amount. Nobody likes to get compared to a problematic parent. So... I don´t have any answers here.

Yeah, you are right, I maybe stepped over line a bit by comparing him to his dad.

Hi sad girl! I hope its okay for me to write here once.

Hi, Frühmann. Of course it's okay to write here, we're here to support each other. :)

I just wondered whether he sees his father as problematic due to alcohol or as a role model. I've got no answers either though, no relationship expert.
Definitely problematic, he says that his father can't stop to drink because he has addiction.

Day 31 - congrats on making it past the first month! Maybe we should have a poker chip for that or something...
Thank you, Err2. :) It's definitely the longest I've been disciplined.

I don't have any answers about your boyfriend, but I kind of feel sorry for his upbringing. Not only does he have an alcoholic father, but it sounds like his mother goes behind his back to undermine his relationship with you.
Yeah, he definitely had tough upbringing, but I think he grew strong because of it. He doesn't get upset about their comments (his parents criticize a lot). On the other hand, I get upset for both of us.

Hi, sad girl. I was thinking about what to say to you about your BF's drinking when Err2 posted. I feel sorry for his upbringing too. He will not necessarily become an alcoholic but he has grown up seeing alcohol use as the norm. I don't know how many drinks he has at the end of the day or what they are. My Dad was probably an alcoholic & his behaviour changed very badly when he drank. I would have been very hurt if anyone would assume that I would become like him after a couple of drinks. If I ever felt that I was going down that road I would be the first to stop drinking even one drop.
Hi, Cate. Thank you for that perspective, I haven't been seeing it from that point of view. His dad too becomes angry and very annoying when he is drunk, but my boyfriend doesn't, he is very easy going all the time. I hope he will stop drinking if it comes to the point he starts to lose control over it.

Today was good day, I am maybe bit low on calories, but I'm really not hungry. I had some pizza after a while.

Day 32
  • Breakfast:
    • pizza: 510 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • greek yogurt: 100 kcal
Total: 1010 kcal

Another good day, I feel good, little bit exhausted because I've been studying for exam which is tomorrow.

Day 33
  • Breakfast:
    • canned tuna: 330 kcal
    • bread: 200 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
Total: 1130 kcal

My boyfriend decided to celebrate his birthday on Saturday (his birthday was about a month ago, but since he was sick, he couldn't celebrate it then). It will be a lot of alcohol and food. Since I have to be there, I don't think I'll resist alcohol. I don't think I'll eat too much because I am a bit self conscious about eating in front of other people. But, alcohol... I don't know if it possible for me to control myself, because when I have my first drink, I have another one then another one and so on.

What do you like to drink when you do drink alcohol? It is becoming more of a thing here to be able to drink non-alcoholic alternatives & the quality is better than it used to. Our younger son often drinks zero alcohol beer & really likes it. I don't think much of the zero alcohol wine, unfortunately. It's usually too sweet. I'm glad your BF is feeling better.

Good luck with your exams!
Be careful with the alcohol: it may hit harder now that you've abstained for a while. Maybe try to drink a large glass of water between each two alcoholic drinks.

What do you like to drink when you do drink alcohol? It is becoming more of a thing here to be able to drink non-alcoholic alternatives & the quality is better than it used to. Our younger son often drinks zero alcohol beer & really likes it. I don't think much of the zero alcohol wine, unfortunately. It's usually too sweet. I'm glad your BF is feeling better.

I like beer, wine, coctails... I will probable drink white wine. I don't know if there is here in Serbia zero alcohol beer and wine..

Good luck with your exams!
Be careful with the alcohol: it may hit harder now that you've abstained for a while. Maybe try to drink a large glass of water between each two alcoholic drinks.
Yeah, I didn't think about that, thanks. I'll try that.

Back