My weight loss journey

Hey SG, sorry to hear about your stresses, however it looks to me like you are doing impressively well! Most of the time anyway, and that is what matters.

Alcohol was a problem for me, giving it up 95+% has been a big help. Can you give it up?

I agree with LaMa, we all think we look awful in the mirror. I suspect you are a lovely girl, and being a bit on the big side would not change that. I have always found big women and people attractive, small ones too. Other than my own, size doesn't matter too much to me. And I think most people would agree.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, what is zdenka? A new one to me.

Congratulations on finishing up your exams! :party:

Hey SG, sorry to hear about your stresses, however it looks to me like you are doing impressively well! Most of the time anyway, and that is what matters.

Thank you, Rob :)
Alcohol was a problem for me, giving it up 95+% has been a big help. Can you give it up?

This one is hard. I try to stay in moderation and to avoid daily drinking. So far, when there is no some extreme stress like final exams, I can control myself and have occasional drink.

I agree with LaMa, we all think we look awful in the mirror. I suspect you are a lovely girl, and being a bit on the big side would not change that. I have always found big women and people attractive, small ones too. Other than my own, size doesn't matter too much to me. And I think most people would agree.
Thanks :) I don't care about size of the other people as well and I would never behave differently towards another person because of their looks. But I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror. Like, I have totally different image of myself in my head and when I see myself, I'm like "Who is that?!".
I guess I have to work on that.

Oh, what is zdenka? A new one to me.

Zdenka is kind of melted cheese which is in small packages. That name is used only in Balkan countries I think, maybe I am wrong. It's very tasty and one package has like 50 kcal.

It was good today. I went for an hour walk, although it's very hot here.

Day XXX
  • Breakfast:
    • fish sticks: 240 kcal
    • cheese: 200 kcal
    • tartar sauce: 100 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • Chicken: 500 kcal
    • zdenka: 100 kcal
    • yogurt: 100 kcal
Total: 1240 kcal

It was good day, food wise. I went for an hour walk. It was a bit harder today to resist alcohol, but I did it. I have to find some other way to relax.

Day XXX
  • Breakfast:
    • hot dog in a bun: 500 kcal
    • yogurt: 100 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • rice cakes: 100 kcal
    • cheese: 200 kcal
    • zdenka: 50 kcal
    • smoked pork loin: 100 kcal
Total: 1050 kcal

Well done on another healthy day & no alcohol. I am replacing alcohol(day 6 for me) with a diet soft drink (lemonade or lemon squash). I know it's not healthy but it's doing the trick for now. If it was summer I would add a slice of lemon & some ice.

Well done on another healthy day & no alcohol. I am replacing alcohol(day 6 for me) with a diet soft drink (lemonade or lemon squash). I know it's not healthy but it's doing the trick for now. If it was summer I would add a slice of lemon & some ice.
I feel I can resist when I don't have to go anywhere. But when we have people over or have to go somewhere (which I avoid at all costs), it's almost impossible for me not to drink. What do you do in those situations?

Usually I drink wine but I am trying to refrain for a while to lose weight. If at home I drink diet soft drink and herbal tea. If out the same really. I like diet tonic, dry ginger, lemonade & lemon squash.

My go-to drinks while out are diet coke, soda with a squeeze of lemon, or 1/8 l of wine with 3/8 sparkling water.

Back