Cohen's Lifestyle My Road to Success

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hey Ang

Yes the best way to re-do Cohen's again when you fall off the wagon is t jump straight back on again. I find that afer a period of reflection and finding oiut why you really want to do it, recording all your reasons really helps yur reslove. I tell you it is (and I'm not lying) the hardest thing to get back on it 100% after not being on it for a while, just remeber the longer you leave it the worse the problem gets. Remember you CAN do this and your a strong capable woman! We are all here to egg you on and walk beside you on this journey.

Take this weekend to straighten out your head and really prep yourself to be back 100% as of Monday- like you said. Again the first week will be a little rough but after a few weeks you will not have a problem!

Thinking of you
xx nicky

Hey Ang and its great to have you back on the forum!

Sorry to hear you have been feeling crappy over the past 2 weeks, good on you for coming back and speaking to us and making the decision to get back on plan on Monday and giving it all you've got. It is hard to get back on plan but just perservere and after 3 days you'll be feeling fine again. Those first initial days are the hardest and then it will all be smooth sailing again!!!! I look forward to hearing from the positive, vibrant Ang again very very soon.

Thanks for your concerns re me going quiet...there was not anything wrong, I was reading the forum still. Just had a few things on this week and was also not feeling like anything I had to say was very exciting. Just plodding along, doing my best to eat reasonably good and keep up with my exercise! I feel my body is settling down a bit now which is really good because it was really up and down for the first 4 weeks...........

Anyways, hope to talk to you soon! Take care and all the best for getting back on plan 100%! you can do it! xoxoxox

Hey Angel,

Don't beat yourself too much - getting back on the bus would be the best feeling! :) Soon you'd be done before you know it!

Hey Ang, glad to see you posting again! We missed you, you know!

I would like to tell you exactly the same as the other ladies why you should go back on the program asap not to loose focus - but they all have covered all that already.

My recommendation would be to go back to your very first enty when you listed all your reasons for wanting to do this - that will surely give you the inspiration you need again.

Sometimes when I feel low & not in the mood I refer to your list. I should actually compile my own - but I can associate with so many of yours that it feels like mine :D

Hope to hear how your first day went tomorrow!

Give it stick, you can do it!!

Hey everyone,

Kris, Nicky, Cate, Dietgrrl, Mandz!!!! I really need to give a you all a big *hug* you are all so amazing, really, I was feeling really down about messing up and after reading all your posts i feel like i can do this again even after falling off!!

Well started today (yay :)) and right now i am just going to take it one day at a time. So my day today will consist of yoghurt for breakfast, mozarella cheese and cauliflower with crackerbread for lunch, a apple and mango as my fruits for the day and dinner will be a steak and salad, i still then have two crackerbreads which i can use during the day for if i get hungry, already had a 750ml of water today and 1 cup of black coffee. I will be strong and i will do this :)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

xxxx

That's excellent Angela. So glad you had a good day & are back on track. We are all here for you! You can do this. There is no such thing as failure, only failure to learn by our mistakes. We all make them as we are mere mortals. Welcome back sweets, xo Cate

Hiya Ang!

Yay!! So glad your happy self is back on the forum and posting, I really missed ya!!!

One day at a time is the best way.... give yourself a pat on the back everyday you get through 100% on plan and remember that every day makes a difference! You're making a great lifestyle change and just keep in mind the reasons you decided to start up the program. Remember to come back to the forum when ever you're having a down day - we'll be the ones who will give you that advice and encouragement to keep on track!!!! I know this from experience! When my 'evil' voice used to come out to play, I came to the forum and vented my feelings and I always had someone wonderful give some advice (even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear) to level me out again.

Anyway im probably rambling hehe :) Hope you have a great day and keep on smiling! xo

Hey there,

Kris, Cate thanks for the posts and support :)

Day 2 going ok, no headache yet, tiredness setting in, but to tell you the truth i always feel tired, dieting or not dieting, actually hate it so much, and now when i'm on this plan it absolutely kills me to be so tired, this week i am also getting up about an hour and a half earlier for work but can't seem to sleep earlier no matter how tired i am, hahahaha, listen to me all i'm doing is complaining about how tired I am!!!

Have a great day everyone!

xx

Oh I feel you with the tiredness today. I have run out of my multivitmains so I think that is the reason I am so tired....also I have had more carbs than I have in 6 months over the past week. They just make my body 'splodgy' if you can kind of know what I mean with that word haha. I feel 'cleaner' when I dont eat them. So definately will keep on staying away from them when ever possible.

Hope you wake up soon Ang! Fresh air always helps me, a 10 minute walk and if all else fails, black coffee! :)

Enjoy your day xoxoxo

Hey Angel! Congrats on starting again, you're much more braver than I :patriot:

Just wanted to send virtual strength your way, you can do it!!!!!!

Angela- Tired all the time? Are you taking a really good multi-vitamin and getting enough sleep? If you are I suggest taking an extra one in the afternoon. Being tired in the early stages of Cohen's is quite usual but not all the time. Have you had a check-up with your GP lately? Whoops sorry, that sounds so much like a Mum(mother hen) thing! Hope you feel better soon. Well done on being back on Cohen's. Day 3 today- Yee har!! xoxo Cate

Hey everyone,
Just thought i would pop in and say hi!!

You all seem to be doing so well on your Cohen Journey, mine was an incredible flop for the ladies that don’t know me, but it was all due to myself and my own issues.

I keep up to date on all the diaries as well as all the new ones and they really do give me inspiration, Geo you have really made me laugh and wildskyz its really scary how much I can relate to you and your issues you have been having regarding acid reflux and your upper tummy, felt like I was reading my own story there:) And Cate as always you are really a true inspiration to all of us, I’m not sure who wrote there what an amazing person you are and I have to agree 100% with them, even though I haven’t been on the programme I like to read your updates everyday and even when you are down or having a bad day you will find something positive to say which is truly a gift.

Cate I think I mentioned in Nicky’s diary that I had started seeing someone, haven’t been for too many sessions but do think they will help me slowly but surely, I have also been struggling with my health but taking it one day at a time.

The good news from my side is I have decided to restart Cohen’s on Monday, I just came back from a short holiday to the beach which to say the least was absolutely awful cause I had to hide my body all the time, I feel like I hinder my boyfriend from having fun as I never want to do anything especially when it involves activity. A friend of mine has also asked me to be one of her bridesmaids in April next year and I have promised myself that there is absolutely no way I will be a fat bridesmaid, hahahahahaha. She is also supposed to be on Cohens and also fell off the wagon so she also decided she will be starting again on Monday and we will try and motivate and support each other as much as we can.

On another note, it is absolutely crazy in SA at the moment with the Soccer World Cup, I never thought I country would unite as much as they have it is absolutely amazing, the cities are buzzing with life and people really seem to be having a great time, almost every car that drives past a person has a flag or socks on their side mirrors, really feel privileged to be experiencing this as it is truly a once in a life time! It is also extremely cold at the moment, was -5 this morning when I got up to come to work, that is colder than normal for us, usually it doesn’t get to the minus temperatures so hope all the visitors are keeping warm :)

Hope everyone is having a great day and I will definitely start posting more as my journey begins again…..

P.S Wildskyz I weigh about the same as you currently and need to probably lose the same, so we can hopefully motivate each other along the way as well :)

Last edited:
Hi Angela, So nice to hear from you again. You were not a flop my friend. It is all learning & is an involved process. I'm glad you are seeing someone :) Following the program is just a part of it. It's the head that needs the most work for most of us. Thank you for your sweet words Angela. I try to be positive no matter what happens & the trying does really help. I feel really at home in the forum & am able to just be myself & be open.
I know how you feel about holding your bf back from his adventures. A trip to Vietnam, which I loved, was the catalyst to my losing weight. I will go back one day & do the things I wanted to do.
A bridesmaid in April? Perfect timing! You will be so much lighter by then!
Re: The World Cup in SA-
I'm so glad that the country has pulled together for the cup. That's great! It sounds exciting. The Socceroos have a tough job ahead & were beaten by a classy side in Germany. You never know! Now...about those pesky horns. It sounds like millions of giant wasps & usually drives me off to bed. It does look like it's lots of fun there.
Nice having you back Angela, even if you may think it's for the wrong reason. Your being back here is a very positive thing! Go Angela! xoxoxo Cate

Hey Angela, so nice to hear from you. I have been following a couple of matches and I always wonder how it must be like in SA. haha..
Don't worry about falling off the wagon. Yesterday is past and gone. Today is a gift and you have the power to change "today".
You must be excited about being a bridesmaid. I was when my best friend got married. I was buying every bridal magazine and searched so many website to design my dress. Could you imagine when I got married? haha...I still have those magazines and I always invite my friends to help themselves to it when they visit me. By April, you'll probably be so much lighter and you can go wild with your bridesmaid's dress!

Much love,
geo

Thanks Cate and Geo for your kind words! My official starting date will be tomorrow, I started yesterday, but just been scrapping stuff together at home as I hadn't had time to do a decent shop, going to get that in today, yesterday worked out a 7 day menu with my different meals and all can be changed and swopped for whatever day i want them which is quite nice. Today i'm doing my shop and then I am set to got :)

You right Cate, being a Bridesmaid is very good motivation and I would also like to go away in December to visit my family and that is at the sea and don't want to feel like I did last time so that is also motivating me at the moment!!

The soccer is great here, and yes Cate the Vuvuselas are an absolute annoyance, and they really do make so much noise, but they are everywhere, when i sit at work i can hear ppl blowing them, when i'm at home i hear them, so there really is no getting away from them!! lol. I hadn't gotten tickets to any games as that was one of the things that really put me off and that I absolutely hate crowds, but have to be honest I am really regretting it now, everyone who has gone has said it is absolutely amazing and it is worth the experience just to say i was there, oh well, hoping i can still get a ticket somewhere from someone!! SA is probably going to go out today, but holding thumbs they won't, otherwise I am not rooting for anyone else in specific, like England and Portugal so maybe will support one of them when we are knocked out.

Does anyone have any good soup recipes, it is freezing here at the moment and I most have salad on my menu was hoping to swop the option with soup if someone coudl give me a good recipe? :)

Hope you are all having a great day and take care.

xxx

Yay, ok so starting Day 1 today, or should I say started Day 1 :) When i got up this morning I weighed myself, probably good motivation for starting cause I couldn't believe how much I was weighing, actually felt like crying, but gave myself a little pep talk that i would sort this out ASAP!!

So here it goes, made myself scrambeled egg for breakfast and have a chicken curry for lunch, dinner is going to be a chicken stir fry..... Need to start drinking my water, something I am going to have to get used to again, and it is so cold here the last thing a person feels like is cold water, lol!

So SA went out of the WC yesterday, very disappointing but they played their hearts out which is all that counts for us, we didn't have a particularly good team, think they were ranked something like 83 or something, so hats off to them for at least beating France!!!!

Cheers

Hi Angela, Bad luck about SA being out of the World Cup. Barrack for the Socceroos for us please. We need all the encouragement we can get! Plus everything going our way.....Ghana to beat Germany.....If Germany beat Ghana then they have to thrash them apparently (according to my LH). Too complicated for my brain- doesn't seem to make sense to me but I never argue with him about Maths!
Don't give yourself a hard time about your weight. There is no failure, only learning. I truly believe this. You can do it & this time will be the last time you will ever need to. Try drinking your water at room temperature rather than cold. It goes down much easier. Sending you a great big hug sweetheart. You can do it xoxo Cate

Hey,

Cate thank you for your kind words! I also don't really understand the finer details of the soccer but enjoy watching is, cannot believe Italy went out yesterday, and they all cried!! I'm impressed that you actually wake up the time you do to watch it, it's nice for us as it is in our late afternoon early evening, so we get to watch all the games! Today is a very big day, big teams playing, think i'm going to have to support Portugal and Spain, lol.

Day 2 went well, didn't drink enough water but am working on it, here is my menu:
Brekkie - yoghurt
Apple
Lunch - chicken stir fry
Orange
Dinner - Steak (my boyfriend made me the most amazing steak, having it for lunch again today and can't wait, hehehe) and gem squash

Not a bad day all in all, now to get through the weekend! Tonight we have a friends surprise bday dinner at a fancy resturant so i can order a chicken breast and salad and they will do it to what i need, lucky there!! Tomorrow Gareth (my bf) is riding so we are at the track all day, need to pack food that is easy and i don't need to warm up as the facilities are a bit difficult and then Saturday night we have another birthday, but i can eat at home before we go to that, cause mostly it will just be ppl drinking. So glad i have a reason not to drink, i have always hated how alcohol makes me feel the next day and now i can tell ppl i can't drink due to medical reason and they will have to leave me alone, heheehhehehehe. And Sunday, Sunday i am going to do absolutely nothing, just going to relax at home and prepare my weeks food!! I'm tired just after typing all that now i need to actually get through it, hahahahaha.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

xxx

Hey Angel!!! :Angel_anim:

Hey fellow South African..hehehe! ;)
How you doing? Where are you from?
How are you experiencing the World Cup?
Man.. I am LOVING it!!!! :D
I'm back to the forum...and I'm starting Cohen's again tomorrow -- Day 1! Let's support one another ;)
Good luck for your journey.. sounds like you are doing awesomely well! Keep up the good work!

Lotsa luv,
Luvbug
xx

Hey everyone,

Luvbug, also in JHB and also absolutely loving the soccer fever, it has been truely amazing hey?? Lets definitely support each other, if you stick to your guns now you will be done in absolutely no time whatsoever, you have done so well already!!

Another cold day here, the wind is what really gets to me. Tried to be a bit adventurous last night and made a prawn stir fry, dunno why but didn't enjoy it that much, don't know if it's the way i cooked it or what, had it for lunch again today and it was a bit better but definitely not my favourite and I absolutely LOVE prawns so quite disappointed about that i must say!! Also really need to start being more adventurous with my breakfast I just stick to my yoghurt and cinnamon everyone, not bad I suppose if it actually fills me up which it does!

Know i shouldn't weight myself everyday, but did a weekly weight today and i'm 2.5kg's down, yay, it's a start so can only see more losses coming :)

Have a great day everyone.

xx

Back