Motivation!

here where i live (costa rica) it`s very rare to see fat persons(like in usa) but you don`t see alot of fit guys. last year my bf was 22% really fat, my friends bother me, that i have legs and ass HUGE and that really frustated me, i have strech marks by being overweight, (also my skins suck.,...) and in december i propose my self i can`t be that fat that i must do a thing i researh over the internet and never find a thing only ads.. and then i download a guide and damn that teachs me a lot of thing and i start cutting cutting, when highschools begin ( for me in february) people ask me "what do you do you loose alot of fat" and then i start my bulking phase and now people ( 6 months aprox) are watching my changes, and i see a lot changes not only physical, internal in almost 11 months i haven`t being sick once,my heart grows, y decrease my pulsations (big heart = less pumps = heart will last longer, less usage) my basal heart rate (after: aroung 57 right now 49 - target 40-44) and i know now my body is gonna respond to my eating habits so it`s very cool knowing you form the inside, and at least i know when i would be around 70-80-90 i want to be in shape, and doing sports running, cycling, and my favorite my healthy drug:SURFING

i hope my "history" can help you, from a EXTREMLY frustated person that really hate himself for being FAT, to a person that have a dream and it`s becoming reality and make his life turn 360º with goals and something challenging

(ps: sorry my english...)

Tu ingles es MAL, lol.

Pero esta bien, mi espanol no es bien...

Soy contento por que tu es el guapo del Costa Rica, y el grande es muerte...

Or something.

motivation​

i like to listen to eminem songs like till i collapse, lose yourself, sing for the moment etc because they motivate me to run more

for example...

eminem - till i collapse

Cause sometimes you just feel tired. You feel weak. And when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, try ta find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you, and get that motivation to not give up, and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.

eminem - lose yourself

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Yo, His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgetting
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
He's chokin, how everybody's chokin now
The clock's run out, time's up over, bloah!
Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy
No, he won't have it , he knows his whole back city's ropes
It don't matter, he's dope
He knows that, but he's broke
He's so stacked that he knows
When he goes back to his mobile home, that's when it's
Back to the lab again yo
This whole rap city
He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

I wanna look like a superhero, just minus the spandex and capes and gay sidekicks. And I want to model one day for mucscle and fitness!
That's my motivation!

Screw that, I want to BE a superhero. Lol

Actually I've found that they are the cornerstone of my motivation to do just about anything right now...wow, it just dawned on me.

I actually punch myself in the face and tell myself "your a weak little kid".

Not really.

Actually, I enjoy working out because it makes me feel better that I am getting stronger and faster then I was.

Motivation!!!!!!!

What are some of the things that motivate you to go to the gym?

Are there any particular inspiring slogans or sayings that say to yourself to get amped up and power through difficult reps/sets?

I find that towards the end of some of my workouts, my mental focus starts to weaken.

any tips? (other than visualization)

I like that one =)

Hahaha...great mantra! I'll try that one today.

I have a couple others that I use...corny/cheesy yes, but they work for me =)

Heres a bittersweet motivational quote for me.....

I while back I read an interview with Floyd Landis, 2006 Tour De France winner (of course this was before the doping scandal LOL). In the article, they were asking him about how he trains so much and if he was overtraining. He responded "Well in my book there is no such thing as 'overtraining', its just most people are 'undertrained' to begin with. Also there is no excuse for losing, I dont care if your head falls of or if your legs explode... if you lose then you lose. The person who trains the hardest and the longest wins. Period.". I thought that was a pretty motivating statement to me. Then I was all bummed out when the doping scandal broke out and pissed that Landis was a part of it. But then again, these days probably almost everyone in pro cycling is doped up and so I guess all things are equal regarding training still. But I think now Landis has to change his statement to say " He who trains the hardest, the longest, and doesnt get caught, wins" LOL.

Needless to say I am so dissapointed in all the drug scandals in pro cycling, so those quotes that used to motivate me are now bittersweet.

signature... hate is a great motivator. when people tell you that you can't or you won't, do it to spite them.

What are some of the things that motivate you to go to the gym?

Are there any particular inspiring slogans or sayings that say to yourself to get amped up and power through difficult reps/sets?

I find that towards the end of some of my workouts, my mental focus starts to weaken.

any tips? (other than visualization)

Mine is "I wana try make proffesionall footbal but i need to be really fit and you only ever have one shot" Burn Burn Burn.

Mriek - So what your saying is that I need to learn not to suppress the dark side but control it?

Are you a Sith?

Yes, and not a sith, The Sith.

Back