Motivation!

i think nobody has some issues to work out but he is still just a young one! one day he too will wake and relize what its all about.

Actually, what Nobody feels is similar to what many people feel-- both the lax and fitness-conscious. The result is the thing desired, and, in Nobody's eyes, the benefits of the results outweigh the process of attaining the results. Nobody ought to be commended for his efforts, for if the lax people who feel the same about the process of working out would actively pursue the results, then the world would be a much healthier place. Or at least more attractive.

Thus, I commend your efforts, Nobody. You know what you want and are willing to do what it takes to get it. Muy bien.

I will admit part of me works out to look good. But another part of me works out because i love it. I love the feeling it gives you, even if it is hard as hell. I also do it because i've always been the skinny kid. I want to gain muscle so i can be able to protect myself (which is why i'm gonna take up boxing or some self-defense class soon), and so i can have more confidence in myself and my abilities. Did i mention I LOVE working out? For some reason it just really interests me. I could sit in Big 5 or GNC all day and check out the equipment and read labels on nutrition and supplements all day. Don't know why, just can. It really interests me.

LeiYunFat said:
Actually, what Nobody feels is similar to what many people feel-- both the lax and fitness-conscious. The result is the thing desired, and, in Nobody's eyes, the benefits of the results outweigh the process of attaining the results. Nobody ought to be commended for his efforts, for if the lax people who feel the same about the process of working out would actively pursue the results, then the world would be a much healthier place. Or at least more attractive.

Thus, I commend your efforts, Nobody. You know what you want and are willing to do what it takes to get it. Muy bien.

Well thank you very much. :D

I still don't understand how you guys can LIKE doing it. I have to go do it in about 45 minutes for about 1 full hour. HOW can you be excited? o_O''

What Is Your Motivation?

When you're working out, what keeps you going? What makes you walk longer, run faster, lift more? What keeps you from eating what you shouldn't?
For me, seeing someone else in the gym walk past with the body I want gets me going for a couple minutes.
What's your motivation?

Rocky I to IV. 5 not so much, maybe it'll hit me later in life.

i have the soundtracks on my mp3 and even know when to time the steps song so i get to the top of a hill at the same time as the music peaks. cheesey but it does work.

other motivation is wanting to look better with no top on (getting there), being fitter for football (yep, injuries aside) being faster (yep yep) and losing the unforgiving curse that is my forever wobbly backside (no no no, id give anything to shift it).

my motivation is actually a couple of things...one is that two piece bikini i wanna be able to wear again and feel good doing it...two is my husband, of course i want him to feel like i look great...and of course my son, i dont want him to be like wow mom ur fat! (definately not in that order)

B/A pictures. They remind me of where i started, and show me what I can do.
I would recommend that ANYONE starting out take photos of themselves to compare to later. :)

Personally, I find that running with a pic of a very attractive male (ex. Hugh Jackman) helps to keep me going. Of course, this probably isn't applicable to the heterosexual man.

Keeping the unhealthyness away and looking good.

Back