Motivation!

BRAHMA said:
That website was kickass... took me some time to catch up on the weeks, but dayum its some inspiring stuff
We are only human and the best of us have bad days. When im feeling down or de-motivated all I do is read a few logs in that journey and it gives me the fire I need to perform.

I've battled my weight for the longest time because I'm insulin resistant (a normal woman who followed my diet and fitness routine would weigh 15 - 20 lbs less than I do)... so I live in the constant fear that I'll get fat again, and developing the accompanying ailments - like full-blown diabetes.

That's pretty good motivation.

well i just love working out..i wish i could 7 days a week. im a real skinny dude and ive gained like 2'' around the arms so im happy :D

Keeping myself motivated!!How do you do it???

How do i keep myself motivated from being lazy? Everytime I wanna go to the gym I have to give myself 20 reasons for it....
How do you guys keep yourself motivated????

I take off my shirt, look in the mirror and tell myself... You are young, this is your chance to look good, and unless you want this to be what your prime looks like, you better hit the gym. :)

The best thing you can do is learn the science behind it. Learn why your doing it and what will happen if you dont. I have found that since I learned the science of the body I have not needed any motivation because I enjoy it and its somehting that I want to do.

Do you want to have health issues in your future? Or do you want to live life to the fullest being as healthy as you can, and never ceasing. Ask yourself that.

Hi there!
What motivates us usally depends on how strong the interest we have in something, and in this case is getting into an exercise routine.

Giving yourself twenty reasons for not doing something pretty much means you have no real but "mere interest" in doing something - exercise.

There is an old and wise saying in Hawaii, "No bark, No bite, No bitch...shut your mouth and move." It is from acutal movement/actions that makes thing in our lives happen and we surely won't know this if we don't act.
And when this happens the end result is that you appreciate the effort and the outcome.

The main thing about any physical activity is that we need to "endure" before we get strong discipline.
Enduring means that effort is constant no matter how much force we put into
it. Everything starts small and your motivation may need to beging the same way.
Ask yourself if this is truly something you would like to get in and if it something that you can commit to?
The one important thing about doing exercise is knowing for sure that you exercise because it is important and not because it is "popular."
The "nature" of your motivation is the truth about what it is you recongize as being something you enjoy...like being alive to life and living happy with your body's health.
And the last thing is that if you're not sure about doing something, avoid it and find something better that you Are Motivated to do.

Good Health to you and

Look around at a bunch of people who are older than you are. A lot of them are fat, sickly and have a very low quality of life. Is that how you want to be by the time you are 40, 50, etc.? A lot of people in their 50's group are already having joint replacement surgery, are on medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

Then you see a few people who are 50, 60, 70+ who are healthy, fit, active, and have a very good quality of life. Isn't that how you want to be? They didn't get that way by sitting around watching television and eating junk food...

I've been 'chubby' since the 3rd grade. I'm 29. I got into shape once, 5 years ago, then fell off the wagon for various reasons.

its a challenge to myself to see what I can turn my body into. NOBODY on either side of my extended family has a great body, so I nominated myself to be the posterchild for 'the relative everyone gets jealous of at the family christmas gathering'.

plus it helps motivate my wife, who's always been heavier than me. and she in turn motivates me.

I think about my workout for hours in advance. I listen to music that pumps me up for 20-30 mins before I leave for the gym every day.

during cardio, I just veg out mentally and jam to music, and usually stare at the hottie on the stairmaster in front of me wearing the tight spandex...ok I got off topic a little there ;)

I also cheat...I take 1g of l-tyrosine most days. its a non-essential amino acid that we can run low on during intense training. it has an effect on mood and mental focus. its not proven, but a lot of people take it to keep from mentally burning out.
a lot of fat burner supps have it too because its easier to mentally burnout on a lower calorie fat-cutting type diet.
its dirt cheap too, $6 for a big bottle.

The best motivation is self-hatred. Yes it sounds rather depressing and dark, but it is a part of many of the answers on this question already...I just embrace it instead of let it be only a peice of conviction.

Think of it this way...you might like looking at the cute girl over there or impressing a friend or family member. You might want to be healthy and live in good health. But all of those things can be had without working out, and you can definitely go on without them. That fact alone, that survival doesn't require those things, makes them poor motivation for people looking to change their lives. If not that, then what's the common denominator? You are just not satisfied with the way you look. And you look that way because of your lifestyle, controlled by your mindset.

I get up in the morning, look in the mirror and i am reminded what a life without discipline and self-control can lead to ^^. And because of the weak, undisciplined person i see, i can keep my concentration, not stray to temptation, and try to become someone who looks like strength instead of laziness. Someone who can let something like that be his body doesn't deserve mercy, so no cheating ^^

Haha...not exactly happy fun time, but it works better than anything else =)

I take off my shirt, look in the mirror and tell myself... You are young, this is your chance to look good, and unless you want this to be what your prime looks like, you better hit the gym. :)

You know, I like that.

I've used that to motivate myself as well. I know that middle aged people can look great and all that, but it's not the same as being hot in your twenties. I basically tell myself that I've only got a while left of being "young", and I don't want to spend it being this overweight.

Look around at a bunch of people who are older than you are. A lot of them are fat, sickly and have a very low quality of life. Is that how you want to be by the time you are 40, 50, etc.? A lot of people in their 50's group are already having joint replacement surgery, are on medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

QUOTE]

that`s good
i think if you think of that alittle bit ,that`s gonna make you run as fast as you can

its my dream to become a ufc or pride fighter one day thats all the motivation i need

Back