Motivation!

just curious but what is the thing that drives you to workout? you know, why you decided to did it in the first place??
i guess i have to start eh? i'm little so i got tired of being walked on, that was at 15yrs, now its because it helps me focus on what is going on in my bod and to make sure i am not hindered in my desire to help people bc i can't lift them. plus i don't need to depend on undependable people for help.

It's fun and properly done makes you more healthy. Need more? :)

Years ago I worked out to play football, then kinda got lazy through college and so on. Then from all the party party and so on I came to the conclusion that it was either buy bigger pants or do something to make the ones I already have still fit. Now my pants are all fitting pretty good, ripped up some shirts pretty bad through the shoulders but that felt good. I find a different reason just about everyday to keep it up but basically I just enjoy it.

A little kid at a wrestling show the other day seemed convinced that I was about to get in the ring any minute, thats the kind of thing that keeps the motivation up for me.

For me, it's actually NOT about looks.

I.e.- Training 2 months, and lost 9 pounds = 116lbs.

I go for toning in more of a sense that if a situation arises that I need to use my body, I will be able to complete that task with it. I can do this with my mind in various situations, so why not master my body as well I figure. :p

hey thanks guys and girls. anyone else feel free to post. this is just for interests sake, i may do my resherch project on it as part of prevention aspect of my paramedic training. so any info is appreciated. :)

i dont lift for cosmetic reasons. i lift for function, health, strength and because its fun to do. i'm at the point where i cant imagine myself not doing it.

abear said:
i dont lift for cosmetic reasons. i lift for function, health, strength and because its fun to do. i'm at the point where i cant imagine myself not doing it.

Jeez, I wish I was at that point.. -_-''

thats great abear you are at the point i think alot of people wish they were at. i agree its i love it too. codos to you :)

I train for martial arts. (Or I did, my training has slipped in the past few months due to my situation). I originally started martial arts to supplement my training, but martial arts took over.

I started working out because I have high cholesterol and my doctor suggested it before meds and I also wanted to lose some of the "baby fat". Turns out most of the baby fat is actually skin - so that's not going away at the gym :(

I continue to workout because it has become part of my routine - it's what I do (the gym is even an emergency number for my kids' school ;) )! It has also become very social for me. Since starting to go to the gym, I have become certified to be a personal trainer, and began teaching group fitness classes.

Lastly, I don't eat well, and exercising allows me to maintain instead of gaining a ton :)

purely cosmetics.. lol
gotta be a sexy beast like ryan reynolds ;D from blade trinity another 6 months and ill be where i want to be.. but wut hapends after i reach that? hrmmm ill choose another sexy beast to look like bahaha.. anyways better health is up there also alongside being a sexy beast
late late later on mofo.

What motivated me to start is to never be weak again, and to reduce my vunerability as much as possible. What motivates me to continue is to never go back as well as my desire to never finish.

If i said im doing soley on just looking better raising myself cofiendence and in the long run becoming healthier then what i am now....
i would be a damn lie

The only reason why i am doing is so i can be more attractive.... walk around in one of those sports bras and shorts and become the i candy i was born to be....

fuelsofar said:
o0o! i forgot to mension that i love working out!! XD

I forgot to mention that I hate working out... -__-''

Back