Cohen's Lifestyle Mee Two Too

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hanging in there... feeling very tired but a bit better this week. Thanks heaps.

Thank you Sam - improving more with each week so hoping for the best. Sleep first... then back to diet. I went for a walk last night - first in a long time!

Hi Niyah, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. That walk is a good sign. I'm sending you lots of love & hope that you start to heal very soon, xo Cate

Hi Niyah:)

You sound better - which is so good to hear:)

Looking forward to seeing you back with us when your ready.

All the best - Sam:)

Cautiously digging this out again from Page 2.

I am trying hard to get back on track, not 100% but enough to make it easy to be 100% as soon as I am ready.

I'm feeling a lot, lot better (whispers, not too loud!!!!), and sleeping heaps better too. In fact, I'm tired all the time now, but not in a bad way - just a sleepy way, which I kind of like, after months of anxiety and not sleeping well at all.

I'm behind with my work, though, which is going to keep me occupied until end of year.

I have booked a big, secret, surprise holiday for me and husband for April next year, so that is going to be a big motivation for me to get in shape! I hope to be wearing bathers a fair bit. It was our 30th anniversary this year, and it's my 50th soon, so good excuse!

OK, back to my desk, but hope everyone is having a good week. I'll be trying to keep it up day after day!

So lovely to see you on here a bit more. What a wonderful thing to look forward to next year. You really deserve it. x

Niyah your run down you posted in my diary yesterday, of your mind battle really helped me. It's one I will remember when faced with temptation. Thank you so much x

Thanks everyone who has visited. I'm feeling quite a lot better and hoping to get my life gradually more and more ship-shape.

I'm not 100% Cohens, but at last the scales are starting to move in the right direction. I've had some shocking mind battles over the past while, after completely losing it during the worst of my crisis.

But... I'm not giving up. You lose only when you walk away and quit trying.

So... perhaps I'll be on here chronicling a few mind battles too!!

Worry about each day whilst you're in it, that's what I think. Don't think about the whole mountain, the whole battle - just try and win one day at a time.

This morning I did an "elephant assessment". My elephant is 16kg that I want to lose by the end of March. I have about 16 weeks (before holiday away). That means I need to set myself a goal soon of seriously "restarting".

We're going away this weekend, so it won't be till after that, but elephant eating day is drawing nearer!

That is so do-able. Well done on already getting the scales heading in the right direction. Hope you have a good weekend x

Well, very unfortunately we had an awful, awful weekend. Too much to tell, but basically very ripped off with the apartment, shocking noise from family upstairs, and lots of unenjoyable things, including no dinner-sized plates in a supposedly self-catering apartment, couldn't get hot-plates working. Kids shrieking from crack of dawn, followed by father bellowing some unmelodious ditty at the top of his lungs. I think I nearly made the front page on murder charges.

Added to that, EOM decided to arrive a full WEEK EARLY. So much for the "romantic weekend away".

Never mind, I guess we will laugh about it all one day.

Now I'm all out of sorts, but will just get through the next few yukky days and then sort myself out again.

I hope everyone ELSE had a much better weekend than we did!!!!!!!! I'll just stick my head back at my desk and try to get on with some work so I can forget about it all!!! (That's if my stomach will just stop hurting so I can stop thinking about that too...).

Hi Niyah,

So sorry to hear about your weekend, really is disappointing when things don't work out like they are meant to!

Hope you are feeling better today and the week has improved and you will most definitely be laughing at what happenned sometime soon.

xxxx

Oh Niyah- What a bummer! You're right about being able to laugh at it soon but maybe you should write to the owners. I did recently & was offered an apology & a free night's accommodation. I don't know if I'll take up the offer but it felt right letting them know. Take care my friend, xo Cate

We told the management company we'd be writing to complain, but I haven't had time to do so yet - just trying to catch up with the merely desperately urgent, then I'll take time out from the urgent to do that...

Thank you Nicky J. Getting there, getting there. I saw my very nice therapist on Monday and had a good chat, and I'm gradually getting over the yuk weekend.

My mind is still baulking at the 16kg elephant, but I'm summoning up the resolve to start fighting. I'm sleeping well, so that's good, and looking forward to a bit of a break soon, and especially to the holiday next year!

Have started dropping hints to husband. I have to convince him to buy a bit of gear and update his diving certificate, which gives a bit away, but to get his co-operation I have to provide a certain amount of information. It's been very funny - "We need reef walkers" (blokey blokes don't "need" reef walkers). "Why?????" So I told him there is NO SAND where we are going. Now he's totally confused. "How can there be no sand????". Anyway, some pennies are dropping, but I don't want him to guess too soon. He said to me "You don't like diving, and you are scared of sharks... it must have shallow water with rocks etc. It must be coral...". Well, it will be fun over the next few months. Not sure whether to give it away before we go, or let him get totally confused when we get on an Air New Zealand plane and I tell him we are NOT going to New Zealand!!!

But... I want to take 16kg less of me, so that means RIGHT NOW I have to start disciplining myself and stop molly coddling myself. I've tried to "be easy" on myself after recent close call with total breakdown, but it's time to realise that that doesn't include eating off plan. Still, I have to take each day as it comes. But today is going to be a GOOD DAY. And every day I get up and say that to myself, I will be successful. I have no major events now until Presentation Night, and nothing I'm invited to or that's going to get in the way. I'll be very busy, but that's normal and I can handle that now. Comfort does not come in food. Fat and kgs come in food.

Well, wish me luck. I know as Cate says, it's not really about luck... except that some things in life seem to be that get in the way, so I'm just hoping now for a clear run for a while. I'll come on here if I'm fighting a battle with something, and you can ignore the ramblings. It's the only way to analyse the battle and see how pathetic it really is when we let food rule our thoughts and thus our lives.

Have a good week everybody.

Back