Cohen's Lifestyle Mee Two Too

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Busting with curiosity Niyah- Samoa? Vanuatu? Cook Islands? How exciting! xoxoCate
BTW- 16kg elephant is one very small elephant! ;)

I'll PM you. I know he won't read this, but I did tell him my log in long ago, so just in case....

OK, I'm on Day 1 of Elephant Eating Day. That means a lot of NOT eating!

I've changed my ticker and for now I'm only counting on the 16 kilos. I don't want to get obsessed with numbers on the scale, so I'm going to set a limited objective to be happy with until the holiday and focus on that.

It's tough as there are many temptations around here, but I'll see how I go sticking to my guns. I have my fridge all stocked with the right stuff, so it's back to being rude when given invites, taking my own food out if I do decide to go etc.

I'm still a little bit variable in my mood, but think improving my diet will help that also.

The main thing is imagining how much time I hope to spend in the water and what I will look like when I do!!! That's VERY motivating at the moment. If I want to enjoy myself as much as I hope to do, I certainly would like my swimsuit to fit. In fact, I'm hoping very much to need a new one by then!

Last edited:
Hi Niyah. You will need a new swimsuit by then I'm sure. Glad things are looking up for you. I feel much better mentally as well as physically when I'm only eating Cohen's food, xo Cate

Well, at last I had a GOOD day - diet-wise, that is! I started new Day 1 in great hopes and went great all day until I did something dumb whilst out at a meeting late that night. I'd got a little down that morning from reading a few things I shouldn't have (won't go into detail) and it kind of twisted me back to the emotional eating. I was feeling "sorry for myself" at supper time, and eating is a silly way to deal with it, which I know.

Yesterday was a shocker - I think the evening before really threw me out mentally, knowing how easily I'd failed, plus a very late night working last night.

TODAY I have stuck to my plan as closely as I want to, and feel good! Lucky I was very, very busy at work with someone away and had to run around all day, so didn't have time to think about food. And somehow, I just didn't want it. I had a vomitting child to deal with, and it really puts another perspective on food when it comes back up!!!

It's a crazy time for me to recomit, just before one of the busiest weeks of the year, but I have to learn to survive these things and I know I'll feel a lot better mentally if I keep to my plan. I'm running out of time for booklists and presentation night, but it will all eventually happen, ready or not!

The only thing I really have to do is up my water intake. I was too busy to give it a lot of thought today and kept realising I hadn't had my water.

I have got back into fruit eating, which I was foolishly leaving out. I am SO thankful mangoes are back in season here!

I'm in a lot better place mentally (MOST of the time!!!), so as long as I mind my own business, don't look into anything I absolutely don't have to, and keep at it, I can make a start on the 16kg "elephant".

I have also applied to the Board to split my job, and they've taken me up on that, so hopefully some time next year I will be getting some relief. That means I have to train someone etc etc, which will be temporarily more work, but ultimately less work. I still won't be short of things to do, but I hope my job will become a manageable and doable thing.

Anyway, off to have a spa with hubby and then bed. We're both pretty zonked from last night's marathon effort, but just as well I did it because today turned out to be completely crazy!

Oh Niyah, when I read this I was relieved I must say!-
"I have also applied to the Board to split my job, and they've taken me up on that, so hopefully some time next year I will be getting some relief. That means I have to train someone etc etc, which will be temporarily more work, but ultimately less work. I still won't be short of things to do, but I hope my job will become a manageable and doable thing."
Time for some time for yourself! Hurry up holidays. Hope the week goes well for you & you can then enjoy a decent break, xo Cate

Hi Niyah. You've dealt with so much recently, with work, illness and everything, and you are still here. You are really encouraging to me. Emotional eating is such a hard thing to beat. I either indulge in that, or go the other way, because I feel that food is one area I can control. I prefer the latter, because the more I do it, the stronger I feel. It's such a tricky thing getting the balance right. Hope today is great for you. x

Thank you Cate and L-Jay. Support is really appreciated at the moment! Just having one good day I can tick off really means a lot at the moment.

I'm very seedy today so probably won't be back on till tomorrow or some other time - will try and catch up with diaries first. Didn't sleep well last night for a number of reasons - mainly because husband had a twitching leg which he gets periodically and it drives me nuts!

Anyway, planning a quietish day and then early night.

We didn't get our spa last night. Husband overheated it, and it takes quite a long time to cool enough to be comfy getting into. We'd already filled it very full so couldn't do the add cold water trick. Never mind - another day.

Off to a good start today, so planning to keep it that way!!! Have a beautiful mango for mid-morning. Wow, I am enjoying them again after so long without!

Hope everyone else is going to have a great weekend!

Hey there

Hope you had a good day today and you have something nice planned for the weekend.

I can really relate with the twitching leg thing, arghhh!! my partner has it as well and it drives me up the wall. Some nights I've gone and slept in the spare bed, but I hate sleeping on my own, so most of the time I just try and put up with it. WHAT is up with it though, do you know what causes it?

Mangos are my saviour also... I just LOVE my mango and yoghurt in the morning. Look forward to it everyday. I probably shouldnt have the same thing every day! But when I have a different fruit or egg, I feel like I'm really missing out hehe.

Glad to hear you're going to get some relief from your busy job soon - something to look forward to in the new year.

Take care of yourself and hope to hear more from you soon :)
Kristy xo

Hi Niyah,

Just popping in to say hello!

Had a friend with a twitch, he started taking a Calcium and Magnesium supplement and it seems to have gone away. Sodium sometimes helps too. Best ask a Health Care professional though of course.

:seeya:

He's tried magnesium supplement a bit before, but not on a long term basis. Unfortunately he's an anti-pills man of any sort, so very hard to even get him to take a Panadol when debilitated by a headache. Even taking supplements is a big ask, though he will take Vitmamin C. That's "OK" for some reason. Apple Cider vinegar is also "OK", but most other things get laughed off.

I think it's maybe a variation on restless leg syndrome, but I haven't fully investigated it. Usually pushing him over stops it, but the other night it didn't matter which position he was in, it started up again. I find it difficult to convince him he even DOES it, he seems incredulous when I describe what his leg has been up to during the night! Some nights - rarely fortunately - it gets up a big jerk and actually KICKS me periodically!!! Aaagggh!!! Sometimes I do get up and go sleep in the lounge when it's that bad. The other night it was just a twitch, but violent enough that it shook the bed every time he did it, which kept me awake.

I've heard being extra-tired makes it worse, so it makes sense at the end of term he's doing it again.

There are plenty worse problems he COULD have, so I just have to write off the occasional night when I get kept awake by it.

Hi Niyah. I know a few people who have RLS. I'm amazed it doesn't wake him up, and that he isn't aware of it. A friend of mine actually has to get up at night and do a crossword or something, because of how it makes her feel. We caught up with an older friend we hadn't seen for awhile, recently. I commented to him that he looked a lot healthier than last time I'd seen him. He said it's because he's sleeping better. His doctor had given him a script for something else, and it worked for his restless legs. I could not believe the difference in him. Why do some men have to be so stubborn? I have heard the calcium and magnesium idea, before too. Could you crush them and add them to his meals without him knowing?
I am a really light sleeper, and whenenver DH rolled over, or got up, I'd wake. In February this year, we bought a latex ensemble. Bliss. He can get up, roll over, etc, and I barely feel a thing. It has really made a big difference. We specifically wanted a mattress that would do that. They aren't cheap, but we shopped around, and found one on special, and then at another place, we found one $200 cheaper. It was their last one, and I think we paid $1300 for a queen. I will never go back to another mattress. Even the firmest mattresses we tried had more movement than the latex.
Anyway, hope you've had a good sleep and are feeling not so seedy. Everythings so much easier when you're feeling rested. x

Maybe I do need to sprinkle some on his tea. It's just that he thinks he 100% healthy, doesn't need "extra" stuff, and having a scientific mind, unless I had medical papers in triplicate to "prove" something was extremely beneficial to him, it wouldn't happen.

He doesn't eat marshmallows either, unfortunately. More fond of lettuce. Sigh! Maybe that's why he's so thin and I'm not.

We lost one of our dogs yesterday to a big dugite. Poor little thing fought a valiant battle with it. She was a real terrier, and would always go for things and kill them - a nuisance at times. She made a good job of the snake - it was bitten all over and had a broken back and so on, but obviously had bitten her in the process. We came home and found her already dead. I was shuddering to think what had happened if it had gone through to the kids' side of the yard. We only have a gate it could have come under to get in. Maybe have to stuff something under it for a while - we hardly ever use it. Her boyfriend will be lonely, but not a lot I can do. We got them both as puppies together long ago.

Well, lousy week for me. I think I'm going to be waiting till school is over. I've had a nightmare busy time, just so much rush, and short-staffed. I can hardly get to the shops at the moment. I need the world to stop for a few days!

Last edited:
Oh Niyah, I am so sorry about what happened to your dog.
This is devastating.
I light candles for those who pass, and your dog will be getting one to light her way tonight.
Much love to you and the family.
What is her name?

*hugs*

Shine

Tiana. Got her as a kind of "comfort puppy" when YS was having first big hassles 7 years ago, and he named her, so all a bit sad. He buried her during the night - he's getting over night shift timing. Hope he's OK about it all.

How sad Niyah. I'm so sorry about Tiana. I really hope your YS doesn't take it too hard! Sending you my love, xo Cate.

I was a bit worried as I didn't see him at all yesterday. He had an extra long sleep - but think that was deliberate to try and get back to day-time and get over the dog. He was up this morning and OK, so I'll relax a bit now!

The good thing is my parents have her very last puppy! She had one lonely little puppy in her 4th litter, which was an "accident". We'd just got the boyfriend sterilised, but obviously he'd already got to her first, but only one puppy resulted. Anyway, my parents adore that one - he's 4 years old now and lives a royal life at their place being waited on all 4 paws.

Hi Niyah, Hope you & your LH are enjoying your well-earned break. Hope all is well with your family. Sending you lots of love, xoxo Cate

Back