Matt's Diary

Day 8 (One Week Yay!)

Weight: 316.6

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a glass of Milk

Lunch: Baked chicken breast, half of baked fish, green beans, macaroni and cheese mashed potatoes and gravy and a 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Snack: Half of a container of Yogurt some apple slices.

Dinner: Chef Boyardee canned spaghetti 2 slices of garlic toast and a 1 can of Pepsi.

Late Snack: Apple slices.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking. (The morning walk got cut short b/c its trash day and my dog is afraid of the garbage truck.)

Day 9

Weight: 315.4

Breakfast: Oatmeal, a glass of Milk, and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Wendy's Classic Double large combo meal w/ a Dr. Pepper

Snack: An orange and a peach

Dinner: Marie Callenders TV dinner (Chicken Teriyaki) and a 2 cans of Pepsi.

Late Snack: 2 Tums

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Since its been a week I decided to treat myself and boy did I regret it. I went to Wendy's and I'm not sure if it was the fact that its been 2 weeks since I've eaten Wendy's or the fact that I dipped my fries in the creamy sriracha sauce, my stomach hurt off and on for the rest of the day. Well at least this will help anytime I'm tempted with fast food again.

Last edited:
Looks like you're doing very well on the breakfast, snacks and exercise fronts and the weight is coming off nicely. Finding the walking easier than at the start this week?

Day 10

Weight: 314.6

Breakfast: Oatmeal (Three packets of Instant), a glass of Milk, and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Beef brisket w/ BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans and a 22oz. Cherry Coke.

Snack: A peach

Dinner: An orange, a glass of milk and a can of Pepsi.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

I wasn't sure Beef brisket was bad for you or not, so I tried it. At least it wasn't fried, though it wasn't that great.I should've tried the pulled pork instead.I had an early work day so I took a nap when I got home, which I regretted b/c I woke up late. I also had to walk my dog.When it was time to eat it was past midnight and I din't want to eat something big so late and I didn't want to skip a meal entirely so I had an orange, plus I finished the rest of the milk. Also I think I'm going to bring in something to measure the amount of creamer I put in my coffee I don't want to put too much in.

Day 11

Weight: 312.2

Breakfast: 2 Bagels w/ butter, half of a glass of Milk, and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni, a slice of pepperoni pizza and a 20oz. Dr. Pepper.

Snack: A few pieces of cantaloupe.

Dinner: Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Turkey and mashed potatoes) and 2 cans of Pepsi.

Late Snack: A few pieces of cantaloupe.

I ate a little too much, I probably could have done without the extra bagel and the pizza.Also I have to learn not to put so much butter on my bagels! I hope today wasn't a fluke and I gain back a pound!

You're a calorie burning machine especially with all the walking you're doing :hurray: so keep making gradual changes like trying to cut down on the soda. Even if the numbers do bounce eventually don't let the day to day numbers freak you out. Daily numbers can spike temporarily due to things like eating salty meals but the weight will keep coming off as long as you keep burning more calories than you're eating.

Day 12

Weight: 314.0?? (See Below)

Breakfast: Cut up Cantaloupe, a glass of Milk, and 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: Beef and rice, mashed potatoes, peas, a few pieces of Orange chicken. and a 20 oz. Cherry Coke. Also a few free samples (A piece of tempura Sushi and a piece of cookie)

Snack: An Orange and Theraflu.

Dinner: Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country herb chicken) and 2 cans of Pepsi.

Exercise: 2 hours of walking.

Ok I don't know if my scale broke or what but there was a large variation when I weighted myself this morning. I woke up early in the morning to use the bathroom and I stopped to weigh myself, I weighted 313.8. ( I was disappointed, but not surprised I figured the earlier weight was a fluke). About an hour later I woke up and weighed myself again I weighed 316.0. (What?? I know I strayed a bit, but 4 pounds??) I went to the bathroom again and weighed myself again, and I weighed 314.0. I felt like I may be getting a cold so I drank an extra cup of coffee also the Theraflu (Which may not have worked since it says to drink within 10-15 minutes and it took me longer to drink it b/c it tasted NASTY.) Also, I need to stay away from the free samples. The reason my walk time is half the time I usually walk, it's b/c its raining pretty hard.

BTW thank you everyone for the encouragement.

Day 13

Weight: 314.6

Breakfast:2 packets of oatmeal, a glass of Milk, and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Roasted chicken breast, 2 pieces of Italian sausage, mashed potatoes, peas and a 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Snack: Yogurt

Dinner: Can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and 2 cans of Pepsi.

Late Snack: Yogurt

I'm worried b/c for the second day in a row it seems I'm gaining weight. I hope this isn't a trend.

Hey Matt,

Don't get too caught up on the individual day's weigh ins bouncing around. Happens to us all and the main thing is not let it get you down.

Sunday is a good day to plan out the lunches and dinners for the first half of the week and see if you can find some soda alternatives.

Cheers,
K&D

Day 14

Weight: 313.5

Breakfast: 1 Bagel,1 yogurt, and a glass of Milk.

Lunch: 2 packets of Ramen noodles and 1 Pepsi.

Snack: 1 Hawaiian Punch and cut up Cantaloupe

Dinner: Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Sweet and Sour Chicken) and 2 cans of Pepsi.

Late Snack: Yogurt

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Well my weight went down so that's a good thing.I did eat more than I should have, I have a bad habit of eating while I'm bored. That's one good thing about working 6 days a week. K&D I did go online and to the store to check out some alternatives to soda. I tried 2 different kinds, but they were nasty. There was a brand called Stevia, but it was only sold by the 6 pack and a 6 pack cost $3.50 and it was on sale! I settled on getting a 12 pack of Hawaiian Punch, not the best, but it's only 80 calories.

Day 15

Weight: 312.6

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal, a glass of Milk and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 piece of baked chicken, 1 slice of pepperoni pizza, a side of mashed potatoes and gravy, a side of macaroni and a side of green beans.1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Snack: 1 Slice of Peach pie.

Dinner: Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Roasted Turkey) and 1 can of Pepsi.

Late Snack: 1 Yogurt and a few apple slices

Exercise: 3.2 hours of walking.

I succumbed to temptation twice today, the pizza and the peach pie, I tried to make up for it with a light dinner though it was hard b/c I felt hungry.

Day 16

Weight: 311.6

Breakfast: 1 Yogurt, 1 bagel, a glass of Milk and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 10 inch Italian sub from Wawa, a bag of chips, a small peppermint patty, a 20 oz Dr Pepper, and a 20 oz Pumpkin Spice coffee.

Dinner: Banquet TV Dinner (Turkey w/ mashed potatoes) 1 can of Pepsi and 1 can of Hawaiian Punch.

Late Snack: 1 Yogurt

Exercise: 3.2 hours of walking.

Congrats on the progress Matt. Keep aiming to make small changes like bringing lunch one or two days a week.

Hey Matt, this is Mark. Brand new here and trying to meet a few people. Wishing you the best in your weight loss efforts and hope to see you around.

Day 17

Weight: 311.2

Breakfast: 1 Yogurt, 2 packets of oatmeal a glass of milk and a cup of coffee.

Snack: Some nuts and a banana.

Lunch: Piece of baked chicken breast, vegetable lo mein, roasted corn and mashed potatoes. 1 20 oz. Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti, 1 apple, 1 can of Pepsi and 1 can of Hawaiian Punch.

Late Snack: 1 apple.

Exercise: 2.1 hours of walking.

When I weigh myself is it ok if I use the bathroom first? Or is it cheating? Anyway, today was payday so I went to the grocery store and got some sandwich and salad stuff so I can bring my lunch a few days out of the week. I was going to see if I could find something to replace mayonnaise however as it turns out mayo w/ olive oil is like 235 calories and dijon mustard is 0 calories. I ate the last can of spaghetti, though I have to finish the ramen noodles and the pepperoni pizza hot pockets.

Hey Matt, this is Mark. Brand new here and trying to meet a few people. Wishing you the best in your weight loss efforts and hope to see you around.

Hi Mark, thanks for the kind words. Good luck.

Back