Weight-Loss Matrons Of Honor Post Here

Weight-Loss
Alright, so I sort of binged today. I don't know what it is about weekend but THEY KILL ME. It's probably cause I usually have nothing to do and if I do, it's natural to eat there.

Well anyway, I have drumline this week, so no more binging. I can't feel sick at tryouts, I won't perform my best.

good luck with your tryouts and rehearsing honey!!!

Its Sunday..I got up around 6:30 am..and went and walked for about 3 miles. I went to the park ..which it was my first time to ever go in the morning. There was soooo many people there. And what I found really neat there were many asian goups through out the park all doing...tai chi together...(I think that is how you spell it)....It was so graceful and I felt so relaxed watching them. They reminded me of swans for some reason...lol...
Hows everyone else doing so far?.....
Torrie...I know your young..but does your parents eat healthy?....Do they buy nutricious things for you to eat?.....
Katie ..what type of beer do you drink?....
I have been getting on the big loser site and reading their tips and stuff. I really want to get rid of the white rice and pasta in my house and replace it with brown or wild rice. And whole wheat pasta or spagetti squash pasta. ( Never had that)....
We dont use flour tortilla...just corn so that is good.....
That was a hint they gave for when you eat at mexican resturants. Dont eat the chips..order corn tortilla and dip those in your salsa....

My parents kind of eat well, but I have 3 sisters who don't eat well at all. My parents kind of say it is their choice, although they do try to make them eat right. I don't know, it's really hard for me to like.. get rid of all the junky food.

beer for me depends on where I go... when I'm home, I try to drink lower calorie beer - Rock Green Light (Rolling Rock's light beer) is my fav - only 83 calories - so I can have 2 for what a normal one is (almost)... but when I go out, most places don't have it... so I either order a light beer, or just get over it and order what I want - shiner bock!

I have been trying to clear out my cupboards of the bad starches too... it has taken a while, since it is so expensive and I wait until something is gone b/f I try to replace it... but I have done good with getting brown rice into my diet - I actually like it better than white now... it has more taste and texture - but usually takes like 45 min to cook - so Imake a bunch at one time and use it all week...

I'm doing pretty well today, just need to stick to it!!!

I'm so excited for drumline starting up on wednesday. One of my friends is staying after school with me tomorrow and we are going to practice for tryouts. I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO PACK A SNACK!!! Well, she pretty much has a sure spot, since she plays mallets for marching band and was in it last year, and she says she will shoot someone if I don't make it :p.

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! lol

good job sweetie!!! I have done good today also... but I can't figure out what to make for dinner! =(

hey - are we gonna do a 1/2 way done check-in? I'm planning on weighing myself in the morning, and I'll send you each a pm with where I'm at... feel free to do the same with me!!!

Katie, I think I'm going to wait til next week to check in. Yeah, I know thats bad, but I hate weighing myself.

Yeah right, as if the newbs have anything on us..

hehehe... i posted in all of their journals saying "oldies rule, newbies drool"... I'm trying to spice up the competition! =)

so, i'm going to send you all my weight from this morning... mostly b/c i'm just really excited - things went well this weekend and I stuck with my plan... this next weekend will be rough however - my fiancee is coming to visit, and we already have two parties that we are going to... bleh! too much food and alcohol i'm afraid.. but i'm trying to get him to play tennis with me, or go for a hike or something to counter balance all of that...

I'm so happy for you, but just remember, its much better to not do it at all than dwell on it for hours!!!

I'm doing pretty well today, about to go make dinner and then I'm gonna go do some sit ups/push ups since I'm supposed to be staying off my leg!!

I've lost a little so far, but I'm a pretty greedy person, so I want more!

Hey chickies!!!
God job with the weight loss Katie!!!....I am one less than you..so now you know.. ;) ....Yesterday I did not get up to do my exercises. I was feeling quite bad ....stomach problems. However later on in the afternoon I went ahead and walked to the gym. I was in pain the whole time!!
I am not sure what is wrong.....The pain is similar to the gas they put in you during surgery.....But also I have pain in my left side down near my overy.
Its enough to make me yell out when the pain hits......I know I should go see a doctor..but I have no insurance.....I am going to wait and if by thursday the pain hasnt went away I will make an appointment...somewhere.

The night I started hurting I had cooked some steaks...something I seldom eat....can red meat give you really bad gas??

Torrie had did your band thing go?....
Katie.....eat something before you go to the party....and go easy on the drinkies... :D

Last edited:
The drumline thing is tomorrow, I'm so nervous, you have no idea!! He he, I can't wait until I find out whether or not I make it.

Torrie..I soo hope you make it tomorrow...I have this feeling that you are!!!!!
Katie...I soo hope you watch what you eat at the partys...I have this feeling that you will.....LOL.....I hope ya are treating your bodies kindly!!!.....They arnt going to last us forever!!!!!...LOL...

good luck sweetie!!! I'll be thinking of you =) Do you have a plan for tomorrow? don't forget to pack your snack!!!

girls... i wasn't going to have a drink tonight... or cheesecake (don't worry I split it with the other girls)... but I was under 800 cals by the time I got to dinner, and I decided just to wing it (mostly because I was really low on food/energy/blood sugar)... but then I felt soooo guilty that I drank lots of water when I got home and then went to the gym... so I did a good and bad thing...

Back