Marsia's Diary

I forgot about so many things I used to do and be interested in.
Good to have reminders of what used to be fun and rewarding and might give you energy again in the here and now.
Cleaned our new master bathroom today and we took showers in there. It's a wonderful big shower with a rain head and has solar heated water which is nice and hot, so had a lovely shower. It's good enjoying the last days in the house.
Glad to hear you got to enjoy the fruits of your hard labors for a change!

I was just thinking what to say & LaMa beat me to it 😘
I love that you are able to put a positive spin on everything ☀️

Didn't get as much packing done today as I wanted, probably because I found my old notes from psychology school and read all this cool stuff I forgot about. I took some really interesting art therapy courses, and was reading super interesting papers I wrote. It's also been nice reading all the old letters I send my family that they saved and finding old sketches and everything. I forgot about so many things I used to do and be interested in.
I kind of had to laugh at this. That's what happens to me when I try to sort/clean out areas. i end up just getting enthralled in past letters and things. It's always fun even if not all that productive! I find it really transports me to different times of my life.

Packing has been interesting. because I am packing for 2 houses - one tiny one to live in and one bigger one that is our storage.
That sounds difficult, but you sound like you are up for the task and very organized.

hings are still tiring, but it does feel positive - new adventures coming up!
So exciting! I'm so happy and excited for you!

Got a nice email from a Buddhist friend talking about meditation, and I love having someone to compare notes with, so that was wonderful.
So great you have that. I always try and keep a community of meditators in my life as it really is a beautiful level to connect on. I've been thankful that I've been able to carry on with one of my groups through Zoom, and have benefitted from a couple of viirtual retreats since the pandemic began too.
ate ok, but did have more ginger/honey/lemon tea because it really combats the dust allergies.
Having that tea sounds great to me. it's one of my favourites when my throat's at all scratchy.
The fridge is full of healthy leftovers, so we're all set for the next few days.
Oh so great when healthy food is in easy reach!

Very nice about the yoga feeling so right. Good to listen to our dreams :) I am noticing my back calling out for something similar lately...

I thought I had posted here yesterday, but alas, no. You are being very productive Marsia & also taking time to enjoy the memories. You did so well with IF before that I'm sure you will get back into it.

Yup, I like that. Large birds are often astonishing jumpers because they need to get some lift to get into the air. Turkeys aren't great flyers afaik but that may mean they need even more of a launch.

I feel really motivated and did pretty good with IF, too. I ate lentil soup for breakfast at 10 am and stopped eating at 3, except for a few pistachios at 5 pm.
That's great Marsia! I don't know how anyone manages to do IF (being a person who needs to eat every few hours) but so great to be back on a track that works well for you!

Health definitely takes priority over weight. And dust sucks. I notice I'm more inclined to breathe through my mouth when I wear a mask and sometimes that bleeds over into my spare time so my throat has been super dry for the past 14 months or so.

I’ll keep my fingers 🤞 & toes 🦶crossed that you wake up tomorrow without a scratchy throat 😘

That sucks about all the dust affecting your throat like that--hope you woke feeling better today with no scratchiness!
Wonderful about having a good in-person counselling session and getting all stocked up on groceries!
I hope today goes well for you and that the dust won't be as problematic.

I think is starve a fever, feed a cold, but since that´s not really accurate anyway I´d say try to keep nourishing your body unless the thought of eating grosses you out for a day or two. Hope you´re having a good night´s sleep and will feel a bit better tomorrow.

It's a really good thing that your food tastes good. Hopefully, you will wake up feeling much better tomorrow. I hope so 😘

Argh that sucks about the colds going around. I hope you can beat it nice and quick!
Try and get lots of good rest and don't push yourself too hard.
Take care:grouphug:

How could any one family own so darned much stuff?
You're still dissolving your parents' household as well though, right? That can't help! Glad you're feeling better and as so often it looks like you'll do better imitating the tortoise than the hare...

Back