Marsia's Diary

Marsia

I had another productive day. I got all the places the contractor needs to put up lighting accessible, then hauled out all the rugs and shampooed them. K had a concert this evening, and it was at a really good pizza place, so we went and got pizza and listened to happy music and I also came back and had apple crumble. So bad food day, but good productive day. It was a nice sunny day today which was nice for doing the rugs on the new entry. It's supposed to rain most of the rest of the week!!!

LaMaria

Pizza for dinner with apple crumble for dessert sounds great to my hungry brain!

alligatorob

Respected Member
Apologies Marsia! I know I have wrongly called you Marisa. I do know your name is Marsia, and in my head that is the name I think of when thinking of you. However, my spell checker prefers Marisa and I too often accept it. When typing I am not a good speller, for most things my spell checker is right.

LaMa kindly pointed this out to me in a PM, guess she did not want to embarrass me publicly. She doesn't know how hard it is to do that! Oh and my spell checker wants to change her name to Llama...

liza

K had a concert this evening, and it was at a really good pizza place, so we went and got pizza and listened to happy music and I also came back and had apple crumble
That sounds like such a great day. What instrument does K play again? And what kind of music was it?

...on LaMa's name I imaging it pronounced with the syllabe stress on Ma..
how do you pronounce it LaMa?

Marsia

Hi LaMa, Liza, and Rob! Pizza for dinner was yummy, but I am at a new high weight now, so no more of that!! I picture a happy, smiling llama being pet by LaMa, the llama's patron saint. (I have a rather vivid imagination.) K plays guitar and is lead singer in a rock band and is back up vocalist and guitarist in a grunge band. She can play classical though, too. Rob, I am dyslexic and deliriously tired, so I think it partially registered that my name's letters were mixed up, but not enough for me to consciously notice. (It's my online name, not my real name anyway.) Don't worry, my kid can't spell her way out of a paper bag, so I tend not to notice spelling anymore.

The contractor's helpers are putting up decorative lights today, and wow, does it make our house look snazzy! I am packing up the entry which has a huge bank of built-in storage cabinets, so things are coming along. Time to go find a non-fattening nice lunch in the fridge...

LaMaria

I picture a happy, smiling llama being pet by LaMa, the llama's patron saint. (I have a rather vivid imagination.
❤️ I don´t know that I am that saintly but I like it!
...on LaMa's name I imaging it pronounced with the syllabe stress on Ma..
how do you pronounce it LaMa?
It´s not my real name so I don´t really pronounce it. I guess I think of it as La Maria? And LaMa would be a US llama for me.
Time to go find a non-fattening nice lunch in the fridge...
I´m sure you´ll feel much better for a healthy lunch, no matter HOW good that pizza was.

Cate

Support crew
Your house is sounding very snazzy. I really hope you get a very snazzy price & will be able to find a lovely cozy, place for yourselves down the track, where you will have less stress & be happy. Re: names in the forum. In my mind, you are M xo

liza

K plays guitar and is lead singer in a rock band and is back up vocalist and guitarist in a grunge band. She can play classical though, too.
So great! What fun to have that sort of skill!
make our house look snazzy! I am packing up the entry which has a huge bank of built-in storage cabinets, so things are coming along.

Nice to hear things are coming along nicely :)

Marsia

I´m sure you´ll feel much better for a healthy lunch, no matter HOW good that pizza was.
Thanks LaMa! I am still at high weight, but it's ok, it's a pound over, so it'll come off quickly. And we went to that same pizza place for a concert with her other band and ate a yummy chicken Caesar salad, which was equally good. Good lesson - get the yummy salad instead.
Your house is sounding very snazzy. I really hope you get a very snazzy price & will be able to find a lovely cozy, place for yourselves down the track, where you will have less stress & be happy. Re: names in the forum. In my mind, you are M xo
I hope so! Funny, I think of myself as "M" too. The washer dryer were just delivered and they are so fancy. It is starting to feel like an Air BnB around here. I am so close to having everything I need to packed up and the rest crammed in the cupboards. I am so yearning to go out and tackle the yard, and paint!! It's so lovely out - it rained a nice substantial rain, and the world is twinkling with raindrops hanging off the trees.
So great! What fun to have that sort of skill!
She always amazes me with how good she is at both creative things and also logical things like math. I feel really happy with us as parents!

Ok, so I have a week and a half to have things nice to bring in the whole-house cleaners and show the house. I am not sure we'll make it, but I am going to try super hard, so I might not get to the forum as often, but I do think about you all every day! I am going to grab the mop now - have had workmen tramping all over the house and need to get the floors nice again...

PS I am really feeling the extra pounds lately - I started measuring food today, but then forgot. I'll keep at it and be on MFP again in a few days. I just can't gain all my weight back. Not happening!!!

Cate

Support crew
You are on the home stretch now, M. Don't worry about us. We'll be here when you have time. There will also be lots of time soon to concentrate on getting back down when you have less stress. Good luck! :grouphug:

Marsia

Thanks LaMa, Cate, and Tru! I think you're right Cate, I can't count calories right now. I just need to laser focus. J's friend is here helping move the big sofas and rugs to our apartment today, so now there is nowhere comfy to sit here anymore, so it's just me and the boxes and the little bit left to sort! I am going to be glamping from here on out.

Oh, one nice thing, K and her friends went to a school play last night and then out to dinner and we joined everyone for dinner. I had a tea and a water and was completely happy. I am realizing how much of eating is a calming ritual for me, and if I have something low cal to sip on, I am fine!

Home stretch!

Marsia

Well, not much new here. I did some more packing and organizing over the weekend, but mostly took it easy and helped K with her school projects. We're about to visit the neighbors (the ones who took all our antiques) with the last few boxes for them. They are really happy and nice people, and it's fun to see the older lady fix up her house with our antiques - she is a collector. They look wonderful once she puts her finishing touches on things. It rained like crazy here and the wind really blew, but no power outage. (That only seems to happen when we have no weather and the power company randomly shuts electricity off.) Our greenhouse wasn't finished or tied down. I completely forgot about that as J and K have been putting it together and I see it as their project so didn't even think to tie it down. So the wind got it, and they will need to repair some places the screws pulled out. It completely rolled out of the garden area. Also the woman we are going to be staying with put up a fence, but it is a low one, and there are deer droppings in the garden and signs of nibbling, so I am going to have to make the fence taller once we are settled there.

I am fat. I can't wait to remedy this, so will use that motivation to finish the packing up and start on the yard this week!

Cate

Support crew
I´m sure you´re less fat than you think you are but I know the feeling!
:iagree: with LaMa. You probably are less fat than you think, but I'm hearing you. I feel like a big fat 🐷
Shame about the fence being too low & the greenhouse blowing away. It's good that it can be easily fixed though. Usually, they get wrecked.