Mariana’s diary

Glad to hear you listened to your body and had dinner. Always better to lose a little more slowly, especially when you don't have a lot to lose in the first place, than to get so hungry you risk binging. Especially when you have an injury which didn't heal when it should have: your body needs enough rest, relaxation, and nutrients to fill in that fracture. Nothing wrong with moderate, painfree exercise in the meantime, but don't overdo it please.

Glad to hear you listened to your body and had dinner. Always better to lose a little more slowly, especially when you don't have a lot to lose in the first place, than to get so hungry you risk binging. Especially when you have an injury which didn't heal when it should have: your body needs enough rest, relaxation, and nutrients to fill in that fracture. Nothing wrong with moderate, painfree exercise in the meantime, but don't overdo it please.
Yes! I’m only doing low impact exercises that do not cause me pain. Thanks for the concern, Llama. I’m going for a swim now, like 2000 meters and a few sprints.

Something very unpleasant happened while I was swimming. After like 15 minutes a guy told me I had to leave because there would be a class. So I will only be able to swim in an hour. I know it’s my fault, I should have checked the times where there were classes. Anyway, I’m pretty mad at myself now. I would have the perfect excuse to not swim and go back home, but I will finish my swim! I swam 550 meters so far, I’ll wait an hour and swim the rest (1550 meters). Well, it happens 😅

Something very unpleasant happened while I was swimming. After like 15 minutes a guy told me I had to leave because there would be a class. So I will only be able to swim in an hour. I know it’s my fault, I should have checked the times where there were classes. Anyway, I’m pretty mad at myself now. I would have the perfect excuse to not swim and go back home, but I will finish my swim! I swam 550 meters so far, I’ll wait an hour and swim the rest (1550 meters). Well, it happens 😅
Proud of you for sticking it out!

After like 15 minutes a guy told me I had to leave because there would be a class. So I will only be able to swim in an hour. I know it’s my fault, I should have checked the times where there were classes.
It's too bad they didn't warn you when getting into the pool though. Being booted after 15 mins would suck! Yes good for you sticking around and making the best of it!

Hey guys! I’m sorry I haven’t been active here. Things have been pretty tough, but I’m committed to get back to my weight loss goals. Tomorrow I’ll go for a swim and hopefully eat less than 1500 calories. I went to a party today and ate more than I should have… but it’s ok! I also cycled really hard this morning, so I hope that makes up for the extra food haha. People say that they find it easier to stick to their calories when they cut all junk food; nonetheless, I find it easier to stick to a diet when I can have cheats here and there, as long as they fit my daily calories. That being said, the plan for tomorrow is
- Breakfast: toast and strawberries (I don’t feel really hungry in the morning, so I have a pretty light breakfast)
- Lunch: Chicken wrap (homemade; I basically put chicken, mushrooms, and zucchini into a wrap lolll)
- Dessert: Cake (leftover cake from today’s party, a medium sized slice)
- Dinner: Soup (made with vegetables, chicken, and a bit of pasta)
- Night snack: Low calorie ice cream (half a pint of halo top, less than 200 calories)
And that’s it! Again, I’m sorry for not posting. I missed you guys a lot! Thank you for everything

No need to apologise, Mariana. It's always nice to catch up with our forum friends, but there aren't any rules about how often you post or where. Was the party fun?

I think if you're able to be moderate in your consumption of sweets and fast food that's the ideal. Cutting everything out is often hard to maintain long term. (But moderation is hard!) You do you.

I think your plan for tomorrow sounds very reasonable. I love swimming too, but it's very expensive to join a pool here, and my membership has just ran out. So not sure when I will sign up again.

Back