LOSE not LOOSE!!!

But yea, getting real.

I think iv been just that bit immature. Not just me though....

I hear this one a lot:

Why do people say "an historic event"? The "h" isn't silent, it makes a consonant sound. Shouldn't it be "a historic event"?

I dont think people are going to leave because of that.

FFS thats the only talk this forum gets, its dead here. Its our way to entertain and liven the sh1t up...

because if you say an, the H will be silent, if you say A the H won't be silent because if it is it will sound stupid. Try to say "an historic event" [an istɔrik] vs [a histɔrik] often words get pronounced differently because of what comes before it, it is just awkward to say "an" and then an H afterwards, thus it just gets clipped away. sorta..

What I think is funny is you can be vulgar without using foul language. That's allowed yet I can't even type **** s' Sporting Goods without it being blocked LOL

because if you say an, the H will be silent, if you say A the H won't be silent because if it is it will sound stupid. Try to say "an historic event" [an istɔrik] vs [a histɔrik] often words get pronounced differently because of what comes before it, it is just awkward to say "an" and then an H afterwards, thus it just gets clipped away. sorta..

No, I hear people say "an historic"..with the "h" fully pronounced. It makes no sense

Oh yeah, and Fanny means something different to all the Yanks on the site BigT :)

Speaking of words having different meanings in the US and UK, there was a local criminal on the news the other day named Randy Cox. I thought you might get a kick out of that LOL

If you don't think people will leave / have left over this kind of stuff, you're delusional. I'm actually surprised it's being allowed to get so bad, as it really is ruining the forum in a way that new people find it just absolutely disgusting a lot of times (new people often talk to me about their experience here)

Not to mention, I used to direct a lot of people here and I will never do it again as long as it's like this.

You should look at the 't-nation' forum.

If you think this is disgusting lol.

That has threads about all sorts of sexual, dirty things. Man i cant even make myself stand out in there because i fit right in......

I agree with Maxine. I don't care when people want to spam and talk like an idiot. People have been doing that in the 10,000 thread for a while now ( another reason I rarely go in there, just spam ). But it gets REALLY annoying when your guys' "fun" is being leaked into other serious threads.

As for the T-magnum forums. They are one of the most serious forums around. They don't take **** or spam. Your talking about their Sex and the male animal section where anything goes.

I remember when I first joined, this place was a serious but yet fun small community. Not sure if it will ever be like that again.

But that's their "thing", Tom. People go there to see that. People come here for something else and get smashed in the face with it.

Honestly, I think you should grow up, shut up, and learn how to respect yourself.

But that's just me.

Say it like it is Der. Things are deteriorating so badly its looks like the maximum age for joining the forum is 13.

I've been doing some thinking based on what Sara has said. I am inclined to agree with her on the language that's being used. A little laxity is cool, but the forum seems to have pushed it way beyond bad taste.

I will be moderating more carefully as since school is out, I have more time to blow off on teh intrawebz.

I'm on t-nation, and I like that forum. I'm on bodyrecomp, and I like that forum. However, we are not t-nation and we not bodyrecomp. It is plausible that we could create a seperate no-holds barred room where people are free to say what they want. But I think for general purposes, it's gotten a bit too far.

I have to think like this...would I want my 12 year old coming on this forum? The answer is no. It needs to be tamed down, and I won't apologize for this.

I've been doing some thinking based on what Sara has said. I am inclined to agree with her on the language that's being used. A little laxity is cool, but the forum seems to have pushed it way beyond bad taste.

I will be moderating more carefully as since school is out, I have more time to blow off on teh intrawebz.

I'm on t-nation, and I like that forum. I'm on bodyrecomp, and I like that forum. However, we are not t-nation and we not bodyrecomp. It is plausible that we could create a seperate no-holds barred room where people are free to say what they want. But I think for general purposes, it's gotten a bit too far.

I have to think like this...would I want my 12 year old coming on this forum? The answer is no. It needs to be tamed down, and I won't apologize for this.

Thank the Lord, I finally agree with you on something...

+rep

But that's their "thing", Tom. People go there to see that. People come here for something else and get smashed in the face with it.

Honestly, I think you should grow up, shut up, and learn how to respect yourself.

But that's just me.

Grow up? Why when im having the time of my life these years? If im happy i dont care what you think luv.

I respect myself a lot.

I just think your really mature, uptight, and very boring.

IMO

Grow up? Why when im having the time of my life these years? If im happy i dont care what you think luv.

I respect myself a lot.

I just think your really mature, uptight, and very boring.

IMO

What you're missing from her statement is a growing voice among quite a few of the members here. A lot of them are getting tired of the vulgarity being expressed.

Back