LOSE not LOOSE!!!

Im sick of people spelling lose, loose!!

Loose is a term when something is not tight. (like Karkys ass hole)

Just thought id clear that up :D

Last edited:
yeah I couldn't agree more, it is a bit annoying. :p

thanks for clarifying the fanny thing tom. It is an antiquated term for ass here in the states.

My pet peeve is
you're
your

our
are

wear
where
were

when used incorrectly.

What about their, there and they're? Oh and even worse is "would of" instead of "would've" which actually comes from "would have". I HATE bad grammar.

What about their, there and they're? Oh and even worse is "would of" instead of "would've" which actually comes from "would have". I HATE bad grammar.

totally! I forgot about that one.

I saw a sign last weekend while camping it read:

"Buy you're firewood hear" LOL I wanted to take a pic of it.

How about "for all intensive purposes"? LOL

....or when people refer to the word "license" as if it were plural..."I forgot my license, I better go get them"

...or "rediculous" ...and they pronounce it the same way

...or "take for granite" LOL

or putting apostrophes before the letter "s" apparently at random

Last edited:
How about "for all intensive purposes"? LOL

....or when people refer to the word "license" as if it were plural..."I forgot my license, I better go get them"

...or "rediculous" ...and they pronounce it the same way

...or "take for granite" LOL

LMAO take for granite is the best.

definitely was a hard word for me too, looked it up hundred times, I think I've got it now though.

Nice to see you again, Sara! How have you been? everything going OK?

And I agree on the language. (guilty as charged)
I don't think this thread is about grading people though, just having some cracks and having fun with how a LOT of people confuse lose and loose. I don't think anyone here are grammar nazies.

Personal business may have drove me away, but I'll never "really" come back until i can click on more than a couple threads without seeing disgusting language everywhere. I'm as playful as anyone, way more than most girls, but it's out of control to where it's just like someone vomited all over the forum.

Sorry, my rant's over.

I kind of agree. It's been getting a little 7th grade in here lately

Who gives a **** about grammar on a forum as long as your basic point isn't obscured and is conveyed in a coherent matter? When out in the "real world" it's a little different, I cringe as much as anyone at incorrect signs and ignorance in paperwork, but it's such a huge waste of time and energy to nitpick when someone is making a good faith effort on the internet. We're not getting graded here, folks.

I still don't know how to spell definantly. I keep looking it up and forgetting.

I think what's far worse than "lose" and "loose" is nasty sex talk spewed in every corner of this forum where I can't even imagine telling someone to come look at it anymore, let alone really consider being around much myself.

LMAO i love the 'nasty' sex talk, its my life i live for it. Im a forum polluter.

Welcome back Sara by the way. Weve all missed your out spoken ways...

Back