LOSE not LOOSE!!!

you use an before a vowel, and a before a consonant.

a historic event
an event

I know, but a lot of people say "an historic.." but then the h won't be there, it will be "an istoric"

why is it wrong in two ways? That's just how language goes. There's a lot of weird stuff that happenes to sounds depending on what you put before it :p

And formerly introduce. lol.. they've kinda missed the point :D

Don't worry bout it spicy. They have got the message. Sorry it had to come this far but thanks for standing up for women. I need to take a nice long swim in the morning and clear this off my chest. :beerchug:

The problem is you've acted like such a twat about it that the point you were trying to make has been lost, just look at your rep bar, if people had agreed with you don't you think it would still be green?

Der made a decent point and its been taken on board.
You did some trolling and undid some of the good work as you're just a spineless troll, too weak and afraid to just make your point with your own username

exactly, why wasn't Gas banned a long time ago.
And there's no such thing as "girl power" not saying girls aren't powerful, but it's more like "people power" because she is a person. I don't go around saying "man power" every time I make a point.

MAN POWER!

exactly, why wasn't Gas banned a long time ago.
And there's no such thing as "girl power" not saying girls aren't powerful, but it's more like "people power" because she is a person. I don't go around saying "man power" every time I make a point.

MAN POWER!

I will tell you this...the next post they make that doesn't contribute to the forum=banning.

Lose and Loose? Example

I want Gas to lose her belly fat or I want Gas to loose her belly fat?

A lil tricky - How to prevent excess loose and sagging skin after losing weight.

I cant be bothered working so im making myself that bored, iv randomly brought this thread to the present.

BTW, im still seeing a lot of loose's.

oh hai, whatS going on in these thrad? i herd your talkin aboot loosers?? :D

**leaves before Kraken and the rest cracks me for the GRAMMER!**

It's a real bug bear for me, too.

Spelling is VERY impotent because when you spell incorrectly, the meaning is completely changed. See what I mean?

It's a real bug bear for me, too.

Spelling is VERY impotent because when you spell incorrectly, the meaning is completely changed. See what I mean?

I sea wat you did thurrrr...

good thing it's not a guy writing that post. Guys:Impotent shouldn't be in the same post
unless it's Guys:Important .... :cheeky2:

Im sick of people spelling lose, loose!!

Loose is a term when something is not tight. (like Karkys ass hole)

Just thought id clear that up :D

I SO agree. It is annoying. I have even seen it in the back cover of a diet book. Hello? Editor? Apparently not.

What? Like "The ultimate way to loose weight"
that would be funny, since loose weight would be weight that's loose, IE, flabby, squishy, etc, which is fat :D

OH yea I hate that, and when people say "for all intensive purposes" .. HUH? and "irregardless".

It's 'to all intents and purposes'; intensive would not make sense and just goes to prove that some people don't understand the words that come out of their own mouths

I've heard it before so for anyone who says 'intensive purposes' or 'intense and purposes', here is what 'intenets and purposes' is all about:

If you gave a suicidal man a loaded gun and he then went away and shot himself, it could be argued that to all intents and purposes you killed the guy as you would have known (your intent) that your actions would probably lead to the suicidal man killing himself (purposes). Purposes being your understanding of cause and effect

p.s. If anyone say irregardless then you have every right to stab them in both eyes with a stick

Last edited:
Back