Llama

I really am. I may not know why but it's glorious :D On my way home from a gorgeous hike right now and I'm so happy with myself :rotflmao: The weather is amazing (I may have a slight sunburn...) and the woods were so beautiful today!

Incredibly that means I lost 2.1 kg so far this... one month weighing cycle?
Wow!! Awesome! Do you do calorie counting or do you just try and cut back on sweets or what? That is an excellent loss. And I love how positive you are sounding.
I really am. I may not know why but it's glorious :D On my way home from a gorgeous hike right now and I'm so happy with myself :rotflmao: The weather is amazing (I may have a slight sunburn...) and the woods were so beautiful today!
Oh that sounds so lovely!!

Do you do calorie counting or do you just try and cut back on sweets or what? That is an excellent loss.
Really I'm just trying to be mindful and I don't know why it's working now. I basically gave up all my September goals by day ten except for the one where I wanted to do things the way my mom would. At first I'd literally ask myself "would Mom let me have another at this point?" But now it's more of an "Is this reasonable?" I try to be kind to myself but not overly permissive, I guess. It feels easy right now: let's hope it stays this way even once my stomach recovers and overeating no longer brings too harsh of a punishment with it.
Oh that sounds so lovely!!
It was! My glutes are super sore and I hope they forgive me by Tuesday. But I finally felt present again while I was out walking.

I just realized: what did change is that I’m not adding my third walk most days. Which shouldn't upset my digestive tract but just might take something away that previously calmed it down: walking tends to settle my stomach. Not 100% sure the timeline fits but it's something I can try.

I'm so glad you went out & had such a glorious walk. That sounds so restorative & refreshing! Walking in nature really brings me to the present.

At first I'd literally ask myself "would Mom let me have another at this point?" But now it's more of an "Is this reasonable?"
What a lovely approach! My mom would always allow me more so I would have to go with the "is this reasonable" idea...
I do notice several times I am eating more out of pleasure or something--like going back for seconds when I don't need to. I'm going to try to keep that approach in mind.
what did change is that I’m not adding my third walk most days. Which shouldn't upset my digestive tract but just might take something away that previously calmed it down: walking tends to settle my stomach.
That makes a lot of sense. walking does my digestion good too.

I'm so glad you went out & had such a glorious walk. That sounds so restorative & refreshing! Walking in nature really brings me to the present.
It does, doesn't it? I really need the green stuff regularly.
What a lovely approach! My mom would always allow me more so I would have to go with the "is this reasonable" idea...
My mom almost never would: I'm definitely more permissive than she is, or at least was when I was a kid/teen. These days I don't think they keep sweets or chips in the house at all, let alone soft drinks, unless they're expecting guests.

Hi, Llama. Are you still doing a late shift Monday & then an early one on Tuesday? I often wonder what people are doing while I'm typing. I think you are sleeping & about to go to work. Hope you're not feeling guilty about not taking on more shifts than you know is good for your health. You seem to be doing really well at the moment. Your Mum & Dad sound so sensible, while also sounding really lovely & kind.

When you posted I'd just gone to sleep. As I write this I'm eaiting for my first patient to get changed. Still working late on Mondays and early on Tuesdays. Still have an upset stomach. Will call for a doctor's appointment today.

Thanks. Couldn't get through at the doctor's: apparently he's quite swamped right now. And since today made it quite clear I have proper gastritis again I might as well do the bland, boring stuff that works. Don't know why the stuff further down the line is irritated as well but who knows: that might clear up along with my stomach. If I can handle this for 5 weeks I can do it for another and see if it works. Didn't run today; felt too gross. Will see how I feel after I call my dad. Would be good to get at least a short run in. Keep that momentum going.

Will see how I feel after I call my dad. Would be good to get at least a short run in.
Noooope. Not happening. Drank my calcium supplement while talking to my parents and my stomach is in full protest mode again.

Thanks Cate :grouphug: Made a feta/veggie bake for breakfast after the gym, which probably isn't the easiest on my stomach but not too bad either and super low effort. Only had half to be on the safe side and while I am still hungry I'm not feeling sick. Will have the rest in an hour or so. Probably shouldn't have more cheese today so... I think I'll make chicken salad for lunch aaaaand maybe a wrap for lunch? Beans aren't super easily digestable either but if I puree them fine enough and have only small amounts at a time it might work.

Feta/veggie bake really appeals to me. I just love baked veggies! My system struggles with beans. I hope you continue to get better xoxo

That must be so hard when you don't know what will trigger an upset
The feta/veggie bake sounds delicious!
Hope it sits well with you.

Feta/veggie bake really appeals to me. I just love baked veggies! My system struggles with beans. I hope you continue to get better xoxo
I did quite well just by eating slowly and small portions at a time. No upsets today but I also avoided basically anything processed and I was sort of kind of a little hungry all day. Not enough to be miserable: just a little unpleasant. But then an upset stomach would be unpleasant as well so you win some you lose some.
That must be so hard when you don't know what will trigger an upset
The feta/veggie bake sounds delicious!
Hope it sits well with you.
It was really nice and super quick. My digestive woes are a little like my eczema issues: sticking to the rules I found for myself works quite well most of the time but then sometimes there's a flare-up even though I thought I was doing everything right. Probably similar to your anxiety.

Tired and a little hungry but not miserable. And ready for bed, so tired is ok.

Sorry to hear about your stomach problems, but it sounds like you are managing them. Veggies for breakfast would not sit well with my stomach, I think not sure I've done it often. I do know your breakfasts are not tradition breakfast food. I love fetta cheese on most anything, or just by itself.
Tired and a little hungry but not miserable. And ready for bed, so tired is ok.
Hope you are asleep by this time, and feel better tomorrow.

By the time you read this you should have had hopefully a good night sleep and hopefully a bit of improvement in how your stomach feels.

Back