Llama

Thanks Liza, Tru, and Cate.
Excellent to go and keep that habit going. Lovely that you enjoyed yourself too!
Right now those are the only important things. I can focus on achievement later - if I decide I want to.

Work longer today and I'm dead tired.

Woke up just past 4 am this morning and gave up on sleep by 5. Went to the gym and did the minimum because anything around my shoulder blades is still sore! Enjoyed myself though, so that's nice.
I read this & thought "Wow, how could you go to the gym, without much sleep?" & then thought about the times I take Arch for a walk when I am dog-tired, like yesterday. You feel so much better for doing it usually, but I have the luxury of being able to nap in the afternoon if I really need to.
Hope you get a great night's sleep, Llama. It sounds like you really earned it!

Thank you Cate and Vic :) Woke up a couple of times but slept like a log in between so felt ok this morning. The on-duty planner laid it on thick to guilt-trip me into working longer today and/or tomorrow but I stood firm. I hate it when she does that though: I always end up feeling guilty. Better guilty than sick though.

Kind of want to go running right now just to have it done because I don't want to do anything other than lie on the couch for the rest of the day but I just ate and it probably wouldn't go great for me.

Kind of want to go running right now just to have it done because I don't want to do anything other than lie on the couch for the rest of the day but I just ate and it probably wouldn't go great for me.
yeah give that food its time to digest. Running right after eating can be pretty gross. I remember years ago going for a run after eating a brownie. It was so funny. I didn't feel bad setting off but not long into the run I was down on the ground feeling sooooooo sick. Will never do that again! lol

The on-duty planner laid it on thick to guilt-trip me into working longer today and/or tomorrow but I stood firm.
Good for you standing firm!

Yay for good sleep! Always helpful.
Sleep makes such a big difference in cravings, motivation to move or prep food, and even whether I get cold or not. It's wild.
yeah give that food its time to digest. Running right after eating can be pretty gross. I remember years ago going for a run after eating a brownie. It was so funny. I didn't feel bad setting off but not long into the run I was down on the ground feeling sooooooo sick. Will never do that again! lol
My stomach is quite sensitive at the best of times (though much more resilient than 10 years ago) and the first hour after even a very light meal I just can't do anything strenuous without feeling sick. (Which is of course fun at work sometimes.) I ended up tidying up a bit for another 20 minutes or so before going outside. It was a slog and my stomach still complained but afterwards I again had more energy rather than less. I like this dynamic.

Good for you resisting that pressure at work Llama. It's really just not fair. Archie & I have gone out in sympathy with dodgy stomachs.

Good for you resisting that pressure at work Llama. It's really just not fair. Archie & I have gone out in sympathy with dodgy stomachs.
I don't know about fairness - patients might argue it isn't fair their appointments are getting canceled after they waited for them for weeks - but I do know that my health and well-being take precedence here. Not just because you can't pour from an empty cup but also just because it's ok for me to value my own needs.
Yes it's so amazing how we can get more energy after spending energy!
Of course that shows that no matter how tired my body felt it was really my mind that was exhausted. Funny how hard it is to distinguish between the two sometimes.

I was lazy this afternoon but otherwise had a good day. I think I've had about a month of mostly good days now and it feels so nice. I can have sweets and chips in the house without binging! It feels miraculous. And I've done enough turns on the weightloss carousel to know that it may not last but it feels very manageable for now.

That's excellent that you have been able to have sweets & chips in the house without binging, Llama. Well done!

If you’re sleeping, you’re not eating!

I know for me it’s easy to overeat the longer the day goes.

That's excellent that you have been able to have sweets & chips in the house without binging, Llama. Well done!
It feels so good to have the option to have a treat but not go crazy thinking about it all the time!
If you’re sleeping, you’re not eating!

I know for me it’s easy to overeat the longer the day goes.
Very true, although thankfully I don't have a habit of eating/snacking after dinner so by then it generally got easier anyway. Annoyingly I've been having trouble sleeping the past week or so. Not sure if it's related to my digestive issues but it's possible. Allergies? I could probably look up when I've been to the allergy center the last couple of times (where they found nothing new, at least nothing seasonal) but I feel like it was slightly earlier in the year. It has been unseasonally warm though. Current pollen load is negligible. Fungal spores are quite high, but I've never had an issue with those. Maybe I should do what the allergy doc said: accept that I'm sick and sometimes things just suck without a clear reason.
Scale went back down to just (0.1 kg) below last week's new low despite my swollen belly so with any luck I'll get a nice whoosh of water weightloss once things get back to normal.

I think I've had about a month of mostly good days now and it feels so nice.
That is great! Glad to hear it. I feel a bit the same, not a perfect month, but not bad.

I am trying to catch up on some of the diaries. No good excuse for my neglect, you have long been a good friend to me, will try to pay a bit more attention to you.

Thanks Rob and Skurgeon :)
No good excuse for my neglect
If it's an excuse is it ever good? :pSometimes the current just carries us elsewhere for a while: no shame in that.

I ran today and it felt better than the past couple of times. Still hard, but less so. Stomach went into insulted diva mode again after a very harmless lunch and it annoyed me enough to want to binge. Went into the grocery on my way home even though I didn't need anything (definitely looking for something to binge on) and to my own surprise ended up coming out with only a five-pack of... popsicles? I don't know if they'd be called that, really: they're basically tiny (35 g) logs of off-brand Viennetta stuck on popsicle sticks. The artificial vanilla is a little off-putting but they were half-off, they're sweet and creamy, and I was done after one so yay cheapskate! Dinner will be a small ciabatta "pizza" plus some mango.

Thanks for dropping by, Vic!

I need to go hiking tomorrow. It's stupid how much energy it takes me to do even things I genuinely enjoy when I've been out of the habit for a bit. Also: was talking to a friend earlier and off-handedly mentioned my frustration with my digestive issues and his first reaction was "oh yeah, I had the same problem but I just did a 48 hour fast and now I'm good". Which is fine: we all develop methods that work for us and it's normal to want to help others but then he didn't want to let it be and kept trying to convince me to fast as well. Dude, I've fasted multiple times before: all it does is make me miserable. And now that my bp is so low it would be a not-great idea medically as well. But hey.

No idea what I'll eat tomorrow but I have one portion of stew that needs eating, avocado and eggs for avocado toast, and half a rotisserie chicken I could turn into chicken salad so I have options. Also have low-fat feta in the fridge that could be nice, maybe in some sort of veggie bake with butternut squash and sweetcorn?

I hope you do get to go hiking, Llama. I’m glad the popsicle satisfied the craving without being too moreish.
I wish that I could fast just for a day but it is not for me either.

Not just because you can't pour from an empty cup but also just because it's ok for me to value my own needs.
Absolutely! So glad you are valuing your own needs. So easy to give until one burns out!
Maybe I should do what the allergy doc said: accept that I'm sick and sometimes things just suck without a clear reason.
yes that sounds like me with anxiety--eventually we might just have to say-- who knows why --and just accept it and eventually it passes.
I ran today and it felt better than the past couple of times.
excellent!
I need to go hiking tomorrow.
Hope you get out for that hike and enjoy it!

Thanks guys :grouphug: Slept pretty well and didn't walk up at a silly hour this time so off to a good start. Then the scale was a lot nicer to me this morning: not 100% sure of the lowest number last week anymore but I'm at least 0.6 kg (and maybe 0.9?) below it so I'm more than happy! Incredibly that means I lost 2.1 kg so far this... one month weighing cycle? And I have a week left so I might bring it to two and a half! Not going to beat myself up if I stall though: my period should be starting around then.

I'm glad you had a good night's sleep. 2.1 kg is a nice loss. You're doing very well, Llama xo

Back