Llama

Thanks guys! My run was tough (though nowhere near as tough as the early runs the first time I tried to get into running) but my feet were so happy! Shoes are nice and snug on the heel with enough room in the front: just what I like.

Stopped grazing after my previous post and I'm kind of proud of my day.

Thanks Ben, Cate, and Vic. Woke up at 5:15 this morningso I decided to go back to sleep for half an hour... and didn't wake up again until 7:20 🙈 My body is trying to adapt to the cooler weather, I think, and I always need more sleep during the darker months, but it is a bit of a waste of daytime. On the other hand I'm still kind of wiped out so I didn't do much with my waking pre-work hours anyway. Another sick colleague so new calls for overtime. I'm going to try and ignore them this week at least.

Good for you with the run. Glad your feet were happier :)
Woke up at 5:15 this morningso I decided to go back to sleep for half an hour... and didn't wake up again until 7:20 🙈 My body is trying to adapt to the cooler weather, I think, and I always need more sleep during the darker months, but it is a bit of a waste of daytime
I know what you mean about not wanting to waste daytime hours...but sounds like your body needed that rest...so that's probably a good thing that you did get that extra couple of hours in!

True that. My period is kind of killing me this month as well so I can't blame my body for being tired. Right now it's screaming for sugar though and I am going to ignore that one because I want tomorrow's run to be easier (and longer) than yesterday's and that isn't going to happen if I eat sweets before bed.

I have just been "chatting" to G about not taking on too much responsibility at the golf club again. The guy who's been running the vets while he was at the other club has resigned due to ill health & the AGM is today. I hope that you can resist the pressure too, LaMa. The more you do, the more they expect you to do.

Absolutely true, thanks Cate. I forgot to pack my breakfast this morning and only realized when I had long passed my usual baker. Only other one on my route that's open before 6:30 doesn't do stuffed rolls so I bought a small empty baguette instead. Hungry but doing ok so far with only three patients to go. Much more importantly my mom is already on her way home from a hospital visit that was planned to last all day and things are looking good. One of my best friends is currently dealing with her mom's awful health scare which probably didn't help my nerves for my own mom.

I wasn't motivated to run today but I did it anyway and it actually went a good bit better than on Sunday.
Should probably start thinking about dinner right around now or I might get too hungry later, buuuuuut... I really don't feel like it yet. Maybe I'll just have some chili cheese puffs with a salad.

I wasn't motivated to run today but I did it anyway and it actually went a good bit better than on Sunday.
Awesome! When you do it without motivation, it can start to become a habit, and that's when real long-lasting change can happen!

I wasn't motivated to run today but I did it anyway and it actually went a good bit better than on Sunday
Well done, LaMa! I wasn't at all motivated yesterday either but pushed myself out that door.
It sounds promising that your Mum will be fine. That would have been scary. I'm sorry about your friend :grouphug:

Awesome! When you do it without motivation, it can start to become a habit, and that's when real long-lasting change can happen!
I sure hope so. It used to be that I had no problem getting to the gym for strength training while running was a steep mountain I didn't want to deal with but right now it seems to be the reverse. Trying to be patient with myself in the gym department while I work on the running thing for now...
Well done, LaMa! I wasn't at all motivated yesterday either but pushed myself out that door.
It sounds promising that your Mum will be fine. That would have been scary. I'm sorry about your friend :grouphug:
Sometimes being kind to ourselves means being strict. I really hope my friend's mom pulls through but the first signs don't look good at all and I feel so bad for her.

Slept through my gym window again. Could still go, of course, but I have a strong dislike for crowded gyms. The good news: my period is almost over and I'm almost back to my recent low weight (only 0.1 kg over it this morning). Super happy about that. And as I was going through my closet I found a top I hadn't really worn yet because I bought it when it was a little too tight (terrible idea and I generally try to avoid it but I have one more waiting for me...) and now it fits me perfectly and it looks really nice. Yay!

Glad as well to hear that your mom's health is so far looking good.
Good for you with the running and hopefully the gym will be easier to integrate again once the running becomes more habitual and less of a struggle. Very good too about the weight dropping and the shirt fitting nicely!

Not particularly far because I don't want to get burned out on it by pushing past my comfort zone too much too often
Good idea to keep those runs comfortable. That's what will keep them sustainable. I think better to do longer walk intervals, keep the jogging easy and short for longer than what you think is necessary. Will make it easier to maintain that for the long term. And also way less likely to get injury from overuse.

Not particularly far because I don't want to get burned out on it by pushing past my comfort zone too much too often but I did do it.
Amen! If I've learned anything during my journey, it's that it's just not that necessary to go hard all that often...even if running faster is your goal.

Back