Llama

Thank, Cate. Lungs are clear again this morning so it was very likely a reaction to the icecream. What a rotten thing to have happen. I hear doctors no longer say you can grow out of asthma so I guess technically I still have it but I haven't had such trouble breathing lying down in years.

Oh well: I guess that means my body as a whole is struggling by now. Must go walking among green stuff today (at least a bit; I'll admit my energy levels aren't great), do my relaxation exercises, and eat a little bit every two hours or so. And have another go at calling my GP tomorrow...

I had to get up early this morning as I was having trouble breathing. I think it's from all of the moisture in our environment at the moment. Hope you get to see your GP soon, Llama. Do you have a puffer tucked away anywhere?

I haven't had a puffer for close to 30 years but I think I'll be fine for now as long as I avoid overdoing it on sweet, sweet cream. Won't have time to see the doctor until Friday even if he does (our work schedules match too well) but I feel more balanced about the whole process until then. If things get worse I will of course take time off work to go earlier.
Had a tortilla flammkuchen for breakfast and a meatball with a small salad for... second breakfast?

I'm glad your lungs cleared LLama--all this sounds very challenging. I hope something gets sorted and that the doctor might have some insights...
Must go walking among green stuff today (at least a bit; I'll admit my energy levels aren't great), do my relaxation exercises, and eat a little bit every two hours or so.
Sounds like a good plan :)

Thanks, Liza. I ate three smallish meals and three snacks today with limited discomfort, so that's great. Probably overdid it on calories a bit but definitely not massively so and given that I officially lost 2.5 kg this month while I was aiming for 1.5-2 kg I'm fine with that.
Didn't go hiking though, and that's no good. For the upcoming month - barring conflicting medical advice - I want to keep focusing on 5-6 smallish eating opportunies a day and regular but light exercise. Planning to do the minimum and succeeding is way better than planning to do a lot and being so overwhelmed I end up doing nothing.

So:

- Go to gym and do something, anything, on Monday and Wednesday, and possibly Friday if I feel like it
- Run 3 km on Tuesday, Thursday, and possibly Saturday if I feel like it
- Walk to work and back
- Family exercise on Saturday
- Get out into at least a park on Sunday

I won't make my distance goal by Christmas this way but running short distances regularly is way better than giving up, which is what I've been doing this week.

Thanks Cate, let's see how it goes. Nice to see you drop by, Vic.

Got up, procrastinated for 10 minutes, still went to gym. Got a good workout in but we're now up to (at least, I only see what I use) 4 machines out of order, including both rowers. May go to the gym further down the road a couple of times. It's a longer walk but it's much newer and so is the equipment. Biggest downside is that it's so big it makes me a little anxious. We'll see though.

Today was a bit rough. Colleague was off sick so I had to do groups again - including a Turkish one. They were very kind and understanding and we managed with hands and feet buuut it was kind of stressful. Also: not having breaks except for the time between groups means no time to sit down and eat in peace. But I managed and tomorrow everything should be normal.

There is a massive shortage of skilled & unskilled workers in Australia, but workers in the healthcare system are especially under huge stress. Kudos to you for being able to step up, Llama but I hope tomorrow is a much better day xo

Thanks Cate :grouphug:
Today is a rottenly crampy day and I can't wait to be done with my shift - which just started. Slept well though; that's something.

Thanks Cate :grouphug:
Today is a rottenly crampy day and I can't wait to be done with my shift - which just started. Slept well though; that's something.
Sending you a hug Llama--I hope your days improve soon. Glad that you at least had a good night's sleep
:grouphug:

Thanks, Liza. I ran this afternoon and while my stomach wasn't happy it wasn't too bad otherwise. Grind that groove deeper!

Well done, Llama on going for a run, considering how you have been feeling. I'll be the coach cheering you all on from the side. I used to be a runner(spikes, trainer & all) back in another lifetime. I loved racing, rather than long distances. I need to get back into some kind of sport.
Glad your stomach is settling down & hope your work week flies xoxo

I used to be a runner(spikes, trainer & all) back in another lifetime. I loved racing, rather than long distances.
I didn't know that! That's so cool. I always hated, loathed, despised running so despite everything this is still close to the best running shape I've ever been 🙈

@Llama I moved to Melbourne at 17 yrs & was too scared to approach any sporting clubs. Up until that time I had lived for sport. I was such a country bumpkin! I even lived right near huge sporting grounds where I could have kept it up easily.

I never would've guessed you would've been afraid to join a club! Such a shame you lost the joy of running at that point.

Made it to the gym and did well. Felt weak and empty but did well. Ate way too much after but whatever.

I felt like a minnow in a great ocean. It was a shame. Team sports would have been good to have continued. I also loved hockey & was quite good at it. I think I thought I would not be good enough.
Well done making it to the gym, Llama xo

I always hated, loathed, despised running so despite everything this is still close to the best running shape I've ever been 🙈
That's amazing that you hated it so much--are you finding any joy in it nowadays? I was always a fan of distance running even when I hated everything else in the sports programs at schools. What physical activities are your joyful ones?...(I know walking must be one!)
Made it to the gym and did well. Felt weak and empty but did well.
Good for you making it to the gym! I hope you start feeling strong again soon

I felt like a minnow in a great ocean. It was a shame. Team sports would have been good to have continued. I also loved hockey & was quite good at it. I think I thought I would not be good enough.
I think that's the reason why I didn't like team sports (well, that and the crippling social anxiety): I was so afraid to disappoint people.
That's amazing that you hated it so much--are you finding any joy in it nowadays? I was always a fan of distance running even when I hated everything else in the sports programs at schools. What physical activities are your joyful ones?...(I know walking must be one!)
I was always the slowest runner and I couldn't make it 40 m without all my muscles seizing up. Walking is definitely my thing though. Normally strength training, when I'm in the groove. Rock climbing (off the table with my current job cause both are hard on the fingers). Biking (I don't have a bike atm because of the theft situation). I quite enjoyed gymnastics and basketball in school, and I was pretty good at anything which required throwing stuff. Used to love swimming and rowing but they take a lot of initial energy: you can't just start at the nearest street corner. So right now strength training and running make sense.

Ate too much again today. In fact I binged. But my stomach is fine, funnily enough, and it feels like I "needed" the excess to make up for the past couple of weeks. Back to normal now, no excuses!

Back