Llama

keep going, all we can do is just keep chipping away at it and try not to take the fails too hard.

Thanks guys :grouphug: The hunger passed as unexplained as it came. Had chocolate after lunch but not a ton and couldn't even bring myself to eat dinner later. Period finished up today as well so maybe it's (all or at least in part) hormonal? Don't know but I really need a walk before bed.

Quite possibly it is mostly hormonal, LaMa. I used to have such huge cravings during periods. Hope you get the walk in before bed. It sounds like a good day xo

Hi LaMa! Sorry I didn't see that you posted for quite a while. I checked for a few weeks, but don't know what happened. I'm glad you are going easy on yourself and just getting back to walks again. :grouphug:

Thanks all. Still struggling, still not giving up. Today I did the second of three paperwork things I've been avoiding. Maybe if I do the last one tomorrow I'll feel more like myself again. Even more importantly though: I need a haircut. It's getting hotter again this week and my scalp can't deal with heat when my hair is long.

I'm also avoiding lots of paperwork, and it will feel so good to have it behind me. I hope we both can get it out of the way so we can relax again! I know what you mean about the heat - we're feeling it, too. K cut her hair really short and feels a lot better. Hope it cools off for you.

Short hair is so nice! I can't imagine having it long again ever. Cate, I'm sure you look nothing like Boris Johnson but the thought alone would be enough to shave it all off o_O

Got my paperwork done, cleaned the floors and did some small stuff (laundry, dusting, sewing on a button...) and now I'm putting up my legs for half an hour before popping over to the neighbor. Then breakfast. Then hopefully a haircut! And then I'm not doing anything else before work. Except food prep, I guess...

Got my haircut! Feels so much better. I did buy chocolate on my way home (and ate it all) but I also had leftovers and I'm frugal enough to not want them to go to waste so I still made a proper lunch and dinner to take to work. Yes, it's extra calories but it's also extra nutrition and the only way to get back on track. Binge/restrict on repeat is no way to live.

Edit: I just realized the muscles in my hands have changed. The stress on my hands is a lot different in my current job than it was in the previous and it feels so weird to see muscle develop in places where I used to have very little. Getting the beefiest pinkies!

Edit: I just realized the muscles in my hands have changed. The stress on my hands is a lot different in my current job than it was in the previous and it feels so weird to see muscle develop in places where I used to have very little. Getting the beefiest pinkies!
:beerchug:

I really agree about getting proper nutrition on top of the junk food. I try to do that, too. It's cool developing new muscles. With me it's my forearms from all the shoveling. Hope you love your haircut!

Thanks all! Had a good day, so far. Super full from dinner (lettuce, baby spinach, lentil sprouts, cherry tomatoes, leftover rotisserie chicken meat, avocado, and salsa). Set more lentils to soak. Oh, I wanted to marinate some boiled eggs, too, better do that now before I forget again.
Back again. 🥚 🥚 marinating. Prepped breakfast, too. Chucked a can of beans into a marinade as well (well, the rinsed and drained contents of the can, really) so I can have them in a salad for lunch tomorrow, because Wednesdays are now pain and misery and I promised to work longer. Stayed longer today, too, because I'm a soft-hearted idiot. I really need to focus if I want to say no.

Food sounds good, LaMa but longer hours at work do not. Pain & misery does not sound at all good. I remember a friend giving me hints about how to say no & be firm about it. Your health & well-being is as important as anyone else's :grouphug:

I really agree. I've heard that employers have noticed that they can work their workers harder with the labor shortage, and some end up relying on the workers continuing to do multiple people's jobs. I hope you don't let them rely on overworking everyone instead of them doing the right thing and hiring another person! Marinated eggs sound wonderful. Please take good care of our LaMa for us!!!

They're always looking for new therapists. Those are just very hard to find when you're working at public health insurance prices. Definitely going back to saying no if my schedule ends up being as insane as it looked yesterday. One of my anti-masker colleagues is sick again.

Whoopsie, looks like the early-shift receptionist overslept so we can't get in. I say we put a piece of paper on the door to let patients know and we all go home!

Back