Llama

Sadly someone had her number and she lives close so nothing lost other than my relaxed start to the day. On my last catch-up buffer now and I think my last patient canceled so only 5 more!

Made it through! Definitely found my motivation to say no again but I'm doing better than I'd feared.

Had a good day all in all. Apartment is still nice and cool, thankfully. Made a start on my new LEGO set and went for an extra walk after dinner. Ate well.

Edit: allergies are pretty bad for this time of year. Eyes have been burning for days even with AH.

Note to self, for accountability: tomorrow I need to figure out the local public transport company's new rental bike system. Apparently I can get one for 60 ct an hour with my public transport card and there's a bike station 150m away from my door.

What LEGO set are you building ? We like watching Lego masters on TV usually on mute because the host is dreadful but some of the LEGO builds are amazing.

The Dagobah Jedo Training one. The base is kind of ugly but I love the swamp tree and the little hut.

Aaand we have another sick colleague (in addition to several on vacation) so I'm on groups. Fantastic :flame:

Ooo, I looked up the Jedi Training lego set. Really cool! Sorry to hear you are working so darned much. I hope they hire soon! Public bike transport sounds fun. Hope it works out.

More staff doesn't help when multiple people are sick during vacation time, sadly. I made it through though, and I ran into Planner on my way out: turned out she wasn't aware I'd been switched to groups for tomorrow as well and she'll at least try to change it. If not I can deal, of course, but I didn't even manage to finish up my breakfast due to stress and lack of time. And now that the stress is over I'm super hungry, even though I finished my food while walking just now. No dangerous cravings, just hungry and tired.

Had cheese, sausage, pickles, lettuce, and half a bag of crackers for lunch. Plus some watermelon. Had some paprika corn puffs in the afternoon. Dinner was a large salad (lettuce, spinach, avocado, pickled pepper, garlic olives, marinated kidney beans, sweetcorn... and possibly some stuff I forgot). I may have a red grapefruit radler later but for now I'm very full and happy with my choices.

Update on the bike situation: downloaded the required app but the website related to it is impossible to navigate. I may need to physically visit customer service to get the 50% discount from my public transport card. I did find out there are no bike stations close to my work place.

A visit to customer service might be able to arrange an alternative for you, like parking it at work. It's worth a try. Food sounds healthy LaMa. Hope you don't have to do the group session 🤞

Oh, I can park it at work if I like - but I'd have to pay for the idle time and the risk if it gets stolen is mine. For now I'll use it when my legs want to bike and I don't want to go to the gym and sit inside for it. The customer service visit would just be to make them recognize my discount. I'll try again myself first though, later today.

Good day today so far but right now I'm hungry and can't think of anything sensible to eat. Lunch was crackers and stuff so I can't really so that for dinner. Maybe I'll just settle for semi-sensible. Spicy chicken nuggets with a proper salad? I can't even be bothered to do that. Plus the weekend has started and I'll probably need that option at some point. Maybe I should get sushi. Get my omega 3s in.

Sushi sounds good! I often eat the same meal a few times in a row, especially if I really like it. Hope you had a good food day and nice start to your weekend...

Some meals repeat very regularly for me, but I try not to eat the same things twice in a row to avoid getting burned out on the easy stuff I need to keep myself going on hard days. I did end up getting sushi though and it hit the spot. Just got salmon nigiri and added a third of a small avocado, some pickles, and baby spinach. With watermelon for dessert. I know: none of that is Japanese. But neither am I. And I like it this way 🤷‍♀️

Later I was chatting with a friend when I suddenly became hyper aware of the shape and consistency of my body, like my "real" body was a solid core overlaid with a layer of soft blobbiness. Nonsense, of course, and the fat layer I "felt" was around 20 cm thick in most places, which thankfully isn't reality either. Still the grossest, weirdest feeling.

Good day so far. Müsli for breakfast, a spinach and feta roll for a snack because I was super hungry, crackers and stuff for lunch, a large salad for dinner (baby spinach, lettuce, lentil sprouts, tomato, avocado, marinated egg, salsa, stuffing cubes) with a grapefruit radler as an accompaniment and some honey melon for dessert.

Me too. I don't really tire of the things that I love. G likes to switch things around.

Back