Llama

:rotflmao: I love you guys. Felt very tense all morning because the first thing I was confronted with when I arrived was a spontaneous 20 minute meeting after work to discuss how to plan further 20-minute after-work things. Thing is: the way our system is set up as soon as you go over your normal work hours you have to book in another unpaid break so staying 20 minutes longer only pays 10 minutes extra (and we get it as time, not money, but I'm not bothered by that part). And while it's only ten minutes it's the fourth time they ask these two weeks and it irks me. So I said no and explained that if we all say no they'll find a way to either fit it into work hours or pay the full 20 minutes. My super nice, conflict averse colleagues were convinced that would never work but said they'd try. And at the end of our shift we were told they could make it work after all. Fancy that. I hate having to be the bad guy and I hate making a fuss over 10 minutes but I also hate feeling like I'm being taken advantage of. We make very little money for what we do and it makes me feel more justified in minding the minutes.

Well done standing up for yourself and your colleagues!! :grouphug:

Thanks Floater. I still feel a bit guilty for rocking the boat but it´ll pass. Managed to squeeze some strength stuff in at work (yesterday I didn´t even have time to eat my dinner during my "breaks" and tomorrow´s a holiday so it was convenient this way). Had a bean mash wrap for breakfast, vanilla protein pudding with mango for my snack, and two cheese pitas (with bell pepper, red onion chutney, and arugula) for lunch, and will have lentil stew for dinner. Need to dream up a plan for tomorrow and go shopping today. Think I´ll have a small pizza for breakfast again, just because I can, but I´m not sure about the rest yet. Should probably cook something substantial so I´ll have leftovers. Ideas? Hm... I don´t feel like making something meaty. I have another package of tempeh (two portions of protein) and I have more beans and lentils. But neither sounds very appealing right now. Done with eggs for the moment as well. I could do a nice herring salad. Herring, beetroot, apple, pickled gherkins... maybe a bit of celery as well? And just add dumpling cubes (stuffing cubes for non-Austrians maybe?) or pasta and a load of greens. That sounds good. Floater´s quesadillas have been on my mind as well so I might make something like that. With white bean "cheese" sauce maybe.

Went and found a vegan white bean "cheese" sauce recipe. I've done something similar before and wasn't impressed but I'm holding out hope for this one. Don't expect it to taste like actual cheese but do expect it to be nice. White beans don't actually have a ton of protein but if I crumble up a quarter of that packet of tempeh and fry it up nice as a topping I should be good on that front.
I also got inspired by Cate's breakfast and have been looking at dhal and lentil curry recipes. I'm ready to expand my recipe collection a bit again and now that my allergies are doing better... I have hope! Will probably take a while to find something that fits my preferences but that's ok.

Sorry for rambling: I'm somehow simultaneously half-asleep and wide awake...

The white bean "cheesy" dip sounds yummy! Did it come out tasting cheese-like? Sorry I missed the celebration of your conception, but glad your fellow countrymen were there for you!! So happy to hear that your allergies are doing better, and I'm looking forward to hearing about new recipes you try out. It's great you are standing up for your rights at work, and I'm glad they listen. Go LaMa!

I'm glad that someone in the workplace sticks up for the workers' rights & that you are that someone, otherwise they will keep taking liberties. They will most probably respect you more for it too.
I think G actually did use a recipe, so I'll ask him & post it in the recipes section with a link here later in the day. We froze 2 portions for another day & have enough for tomorrow. Your food usually sounds delicious to me.
Strength training- I must start. Thanks for the reminder xo

Sorry I missed the celebration of your conception, but glad your fellow countrymen were there for you!
:D Still in time: it's only 2:10 am on the day of my sinless conception. So no cheese sauce yet either but I'll report back after breakfast.
I think G actually did use a recipe, so I'll ask him & post it in the recipes section with a link here later in the day.
I'd love that, thank you! I didn't ask because I assumed he just went by feel and writing out recipes you're used to doing unthinkingly is a hassle. I grew up with (as little) salt (as possible) and stock cubes as the only seasoning so spices took a bit of getting used to. Plus when you're allergic to sesame, ginger, lemon grass, and peanuts any Asian cooking can feel very unattainable...

Did not sleep well at all. Had a nightmare early on and the anxiety wouldn't go down until 4 am. I did just get on the scale and I'm at 79.3 kg, 4 kg down from my recent high. Which is awesome but also means I lost a full kilo this week and that's a bit too much to feel safe against binging. And I have been cutting corners here and there. Yesterday I wasn't very hungry in the morning so I only ate half my breakfast meaning to eat the rest later but then I forgot and by the time I got home from work I didn't feel like it. That kind of thing. So I'll try to eat a little more this week and aim for half a kilo. I'd love to lose two more before going home for Christmas though... But history tells me it's not a great idea.

I ran! Had meant to bring a friend some spices but forgot when we last saw each other so I decided to run there (2.5 km) and just see how far I could make it back before I'd have to walk. Turns out running felt easy today and I ran all the way. My first 5k done again! Took me long enough: 43 minutes, including 4 red light stops and a quick chat with my friend so let's say 40 running time for 7.5 km/h. Clearly not Usain Bolt! Doesn't matter though: slow is sensible when you're just starting out (again).

Food plan for tomorrow:
- Pea mash wraps. With eggplant and salted pistachios.
- Vanilla protein pudding with added grapes.
- Vegan mac&cheese with that "cheese" sauce (and more tempeh) with a side salad.
- Herring salad.

Had mango protein pudding with grapes after my run. Considered not having a snack BUT I was hungry and I said I was going to make sure I don´t undereat or I risk getting the kind of cravings I don´t want to have. So was sensible. And it was delicious. That always helps :p
Walked 6 km in the morning, ran 5 km in the afternoon, will walk another 3 km in an hour or so. Had a pleasant day even though I couldn´t go out into the woods. Those days will come back.

Big congrats on your 5K run! That's awesome!! I love the description of the pea mash wrap with eggplant and salted pistachios. Sounds like from a fancy vegan restaurant where you need reservations. So happy you really enjoy the protein pudding and that it's helping you stick to your plan so well. I am envious of all your walks and runs. Will definitely plan one for today and stick to the plan. I agree with Cate - you are on a roll!

Wow, LaMa! Well done on the run & such healthy eating. You are officially on a roll xoxo
Don't jinx it, please!
Sounds like from a fancy vegan restaurant where you need reservations.
:rotflmao: I like how that sounds! But somehow vegan restaurants seem to either do junkfood or... salads. Cold, so much chewing, and not enough protein. I don't understand that.
So happy you really enjoy the protein pudding and that it's helping you stick to your plan so well.
It really does feel like a change that makes things more long-term-doable. Who knew that 20 g of extra protein could make such a difference?

It snowed all day today. The park was so beautiful with the glowing virgin snow in the morning! Of course by the time I went home from work the streets were a mass of dirty mush but it was still pretty on the trees and in the gardens. Went for a walk with a friend and her borrowed dog. So tired afterward I gave up on my last Turkish class. Shame on me. But I was so bummed out when I realized that would be today I just couldn't.

Food today did not turn out as planned: was in a rush for lunch and too tired to stand up for dinner so I had corn cakes with cold meat and pickles for lunch and a frozen-to-oven cheese baguette (with extra greens) for dinner. But for tomorrow my wraps have been wrapped again and I'm just going to repeat today's plan. Except I'll put that cheese sauce on pita "pizzas", topped with tempeh, hot sauce, and fried mushrooms.

PS: I have (permanently?) raised welts/callouses behind my ears from the mask/glasses combo and I'm super looking forward to my holiday to give them a rest. At least we haven't had the masks with the sharp, badly padded nose clips for a while though. I'm so ready for this pandemic to ease up.

Last edited:
Not love reacting to the callouses, but I love the vibe of your post in general. Take care LaMa <3 And I'm so pround you did that 5km run. I want to be there one day again. For now, I'll stick with less jiggley exercise methods :D :D

Also - about the vegan restaurant thing - I totally agree. I have been vegan for several long stretches in my life, depending on my mental health. And YES, vegan restaurants are mostly just junk or salads. I remember when couple of years ago I was meeting a friend for a lunch date after I had been swimming in an outdoor pool for 1,5 hrs, and we chose a vegan restaurant. I ordered a tempeh cauliflower tahini bowl, and it was really tasty, but the thing with vegan food is that you HAVE to increase the quantity of it or else it won't do much. When we were done, and my stomach was still churning, we went to get veg dumplings the next restaurant over :D :D

I would really like a vegan home cooking style of a restaurant, with very simple dishes, affordable ingredients, and big portion sizes. A good potato mash, lovely lentils, and some fresh herbs on top with a slice of some full grain sourdough bread will keep you going for hours. If the film school becomes a flop... LOL :D

Don't jinx it, please!
C'mon, hon. I don't expect you to be perfect, but when you're doing very well I am going to give you credit!
I really feel for you having to wear heavy-duty PPE for such long stretches. With my Asthma I struggle to breathe with my pre-covid cloth masks. I know how lucky we have been in Tasmania so far. Touch wood!

Not love reacting to the callouses, but I love the vibe of your post in general. Take care LaMa <3 And I'm so pround you did that 5km run. I want to be there one day again. For now, I'll stick with less jiggley exercise methods :D :D
Thank you! I'm sure you'll get there and I'm already kind of jealous of the prospect of losing the boob jiggle, gaining muscle mass, and having a slightly easier time with leaning out more :p
I would really like a vegan home cooking style of a restaurant, with very simple dishes, affordable ingredients, and big portion sizes.
Yes please! Not saying film school should fail but I'd 100% be coming to your restaurant if it did!
C'mon, hon. I don't expect you to be perfect, but when you're doing very well I am going to give you credit!
I know... and you're right! I'm even happy to hear it. But it also makes me freak out a bit if people put trust in me.
With my Asthma I struggle to breathe with my pre-covid cloth masks.
I will say that the medical masks, even the N95 ones, are more breathable than the cloth masks I've worn. Annoying, but not impossible for 99% of people.

Felt strong in the strength room today. Chaotic planning - or rather lots of changes due to last-minute cancelations - but the nicest patients. Struggled a bit to find enough time to eat. Looking forward to my bean sauce pizzetti (which is what my guess would be for the Italian word for small pizzas).

Thank you! I'm sure you'll get there and I'm already kind of jealous of the prospect of losing the boob jiggle, gaining muscle mass, and having a slightly easier time with leaning out more :p
Don't forget the cons: sprouting ass hair, getting bacne, male typical baldness, and vaginal atrophy... :geek: But of course the severity of the side effects varies from person to person. (Wait, is this what the conservatives say when they say transness is an epidemic?! /j )

In all honesty, I don't think I could handle the stress of the restaurant business. But maybe I'll have spouse some day and can cook for them to my heart's content.

Glad to hear about the nice patients!

Wait, is this what the conservatives say when they say transness is an epidemic?!
:rotflmao: Yes! It´s the LGBTQIA+ agenda and it´s spreading! But really I´m fine with being a woman as long as people don´t expect me to act/look like a 1950s victim. Because I´m not trans: I just heavily dislike the societal expectations associated with gender. And I think the fact that this difference exists and nobody is trying to convince me it means I´m trans is a piece of evidence in favor of the "realness" of actual trans folks. Does that make sense?
In all honesty, I don't think I could handle the stress of the restaurant business.
Hardly anyone can, I think. Hospitality in general is a calling, not a job, but running a restaurant most of all. I´d quite like to be tester of new dishes though :p My cannellini bean pizzetti were delicious! The sauce tasted so good after a day in the fridge :drool5: and I´m definitely making it again in the future.

Because I´m not trans: I just heavily dislike the societal expectations associated with gender. And I think the fact that this difference exists and nobody is trying to convince me it means I´m trans is a piece of evidence in favor of the "realness" of actual trans folks. Does that make sense?
Yes it does, and I fully agree! :grouphug:

Back