Liza

Sorry to hear about the back - I think you deserve one extra cookie today. :)

Ouch! I hope your back relaxes quickly.
thanks!
Sorry to hear about the back - I think you deserve one extra cookie today. :)
lol that made me laugh about the extra cookie! I went for the extra good stuff--a full on brownie!

Oh, Liza. I hope your back gets better very quickly! 🤞
Thanks Cate!

I decided not to try any running or biking yesterday, and stuck to just my usual walking as I went about my day. With the ant-inflammatory the pain stayed at a good manageable level and this morning feels even better so hopefully will be back to normal soon. I am up early so will do a few things around the garden and then see if I feel like a walk-run session or if i should take another day off.

Your back sounds like it's healing, Liza 🤞
I think so Cate! Yesterday tried the walk-run, but it wasn't happening. My body just wasn't into it at all, but that was fine. I just walked instead and probably got about an hours walking in altogether. And I'm just happy my back is already so much better. No anti-inflammatories needed at all yesterday and I was doing lots of stairs and bending with laundry and carrying heavy groceries and it was relatively fine through all that...so yeah feeling like this will be a short blip. It mostly just hurts after sitting too long and trying to get up!

My schedule was really thrown off by the early waking though. But I did ok by the end getting a good healthy meal in, didn't overdo sweets, and got good movement in, so not a bad day at all.

Twice in my life I have had the kind of back pain that was just beyond excruciating, and it was always due to spending to much time sitting at my computer. I am glad your back is on the mend! How long do you typically walk/run?

Glad you are on the mend so soon! I was worried about neck pain I'd developed a couple of weeks ago but one day, it just wasn't there anymore. Thank God! Hope you've caught up on your sleep.

So glad that you're on the mend, Liza. You're very sensible about not pushing the running even though you love it. It sounds like quite a good, well-balanced day xo

Twice in my life I have had the kind of back pain that was just beyond excruciating, and it was always due to spending to much time sitting at my computer. I am glad your back is on the mend! How long do you typically walk/run?
So far there is no real typical for length of my walk-run sessions. Before I developed the Plantar Fasciitis I would typically go out jogging anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours. Sometimes longer. (i was following a training schedule to run half marathons so would cycle through the schedule.) But ever since the PF I've just been trying to get to the point of being able to jog without pain again. So I'm currently following a schedule for recovery from injury which slowly increases the intervals and time. Right now, I'm at a ratio of 4:1( 4 mins jogging, to one minute walking) for 5 rounds. I will move up to the next level tomorrow. It's a very long and slow process of healing that has been very challenging for me as I get so much joy out of long-distance running. But yeah just relieved that I seem to be finally back on track to recovery because for a while there I couldn't even manage the 1:1 sessions without pain!

Yesterday's walk-run session went well. But was so great because as I was jogging along quite happily a guy probably at least 10-15 yrs older than me, ran past me and as he passed we chatted. He asked me if I was training for anything, and I told him I was just recovering from injury and asked him if he was training for anything. He told me he runs a marathon every 2 weeks!!!!!! lol! Inspiring when I meet/see people older than me continuing to enjoy really good running!

Glad you are on the mend so soon! I was worried about neck pain I'd developed a couple of weeks ago but one day, it just wasn't there anymore. Thank God! Hope you've caught up on your sleep.
Yeah injuries can be scary as we anticipate not being able to do what we enjoy! Glad your neck pain is gone as well!

So glad that you're on the mend, Liza. You're very sensible about not pushing the running even though you love it. It sounds like quite a good, well-balanced day xo
Yeah so worth just allowing an extra day to recover properly!
Yay for paying attention to your body's needs and I'm glad it's paying off already.
Yes I'm so glad it's been a shorter term injury. Back pain can be such a hindrance to good movement!

Yesterday was good. Back pain continuing to subside, good walk-run session (see above) had a lovely outdoor ukulele session, and ate well and to bed early!

Yesterday's walk-run session went well. But was so great because as I was jogging along quite happily a guy probably at least 10-15 yrs older than me, ran past me and as he passed we chatted. He asked me if I was training for anything, and I told him I was just recovering from injury and asked him if he was training for anything. He told me he runs a marathon every 2 weeks!!!!!! lol! Inspiring when I meet/see people older than me continuing to enjoy really good running!
Liza, I am convinced you are getting chatted up constantly but don't realise it! Hahaha. I don't know what your status is but I definitely think you've caught the eye of a few fellow runners/cyclists! :D

Liza we have chatted a bit about anxiety. I think that when I really had a bad time with the sociopath boss 5 years ago, running became harder for me because I couldn't get out of my head. I would literally stop in my tracks from my mind not my body. I tried music, but just kept changing the song and getting annoyed. Previous to that I ran about 5 miles a day. May I ask does anxiety ever make it hard for you to run? I needed to switch to an exercise where I could watch something on television or maybe a video with an instructor to really get out of my own head. I do better with the run/walk I do now, but I still kind of think my mind stops me as much as my body.

That is an inspiring story...but I agree with Em, I think he saw a fit attractive younger woman and he was quite happy to chat you up! Go Liza!!!

& :iagree: with Em & Jen. I think you have an appreciative audience on your runs. Go, Liza! 🏃‍♀️👏;)

Liza, I am convinced you are getting chatted up constantly but don't realise it! Hahaha. I don't know what your status is but I definitely think you've caught the eye of a few fellow runners/cyclists! :D
& :iagree: with Em & Jen. I think you have an appreciative audience on your runs. Go, Liza! 🏃‍♀️👏;)

oh interesting take! I don't see myself as attractive so I don't imagine guys are chatting me up, but who knows....i know one friend of mine seems to think I'm oblivious to that sort of thing...I am single, but happily so...i can't really even imagine a partner at this point. i love my life as it is, but would be nice to know that there might be some interest out there if I do change my mind!
Liza we have chatted a bit about anxiety. I think that when I really had a bad time with the sociopath boss 5 years ago, running became harder for me because I couldn't get out of my head. I would literally stop in my tracks from my mind not my body. I tried music, but just kept changing the song and getting annoyed. Previous to that I ran about 5 miles a day. May I ask does anxiety ever make it hard for you to run? I needed to switch to an exercise where I could watch something on television or maybe a video with an instructor to really get out of my own head. I do better with the run/walk I do now, but I still kind of think my mind stops me as much as my body.

That is an inspiring story...but I agree with Em, I think he saw a fit attractive younger woman and he was quite happy to chat you up! Go Liza!!!
No my anxiety doesn't at all affect my ability to run thankfully (sorry to hear it has for you) I find when I'm running I'm generally filled up with a lot of joy and I'm completely in my body and absorbing the beauty of the outdoors. I can't even run with music or anything as I love being fully present in my surroundings.

btw--i was looking back over my diary here and it's been 5 months since I've injured myself! Geez about time I can get back to proper running!

Today will be 4:1, 7 rounds. Let's keep the recovery going!

Weigh in this morning--146, bf 26%

Maybe I should try to run in silence as well! Is that 4 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking or do I have that backwards? Plantar fasciitis really takes a long time to heal from. I just remembered that I added cherries and tart cherry juice to my diet when I was healing, because of the anti-inflammatory properties. I can't 100% say that is what worked, but I don't think it hurt. I did try to reduce sugar overall, not so much to lose weight but because I read that it also contributes to inflammation. Hope the run went well!

"I love my life as it is, "
"I find when I'm running I'm generally filled up with a lot of joy and I'm completely in my body and absorbing the beauty of the outdoors."

& I love reading this :)

Fingers crossed your feet will continue to agree with the increase. Enjoy!
Thanks yeah--it would be nice to get back to where this isn't an issue. The run went beautifully yesterday while running but the pain went up too high after getting back and resting a bit. Reading my training guide, as long as it's back to normal by tomorrow i can try repeating that level again...if not, I have to scale it back again. Hard to stay patient!

Hope the run went well. Glad to read that you're so happy ridin' solo! :D
I love the single life! I had a long-term relationship back in my 20's that I was like well it's gotta be him if anyone. But i just really prefer being single. I feel like I have enough baggage in my life with just my own stuff, never mind adding in someone else's along with it! I never wanted kids so that was also not an issue for me.
Maybe I should try to run in silence as well! Is that 4 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking or do I have that backwards? Plantar fasciitis really takes a long time to heal from. I just remembered that I added cherries and tart cherry juice to my diet when I was healing, because of the anti-inflammatory properties. I can't 100% say that is what worked, but I don't think it hurt. I did try to reduce sugar overall, not so much to lose weight but because I read that it also contributes to inflammation. Hope the run went well!
Yeah you got that right-4 min run to 1 min walk...I do try and add lots of anti-inflammatory foods in for that reason too. Lots of water, and vit c as well...cherry juice sounds good--maybe i will try that. Our cherry tree didn't give us any cherries this year--second year in a row!
As for cutting back on sugar....i dunno about that one! lol!
"I love my life as it is, "
"I find when I'm running I'm generally filled up with a lot of joy and I'm completely in my body and absorbing the beauty of the outdoors."

& I love reading this :)
Thanks Cate. It does feel really good to be able to say that. I've had a lot of really hard and struggling times in my life. And while it's definitely not all easy now, it does feel a lot easier and joyful!

So yeah yesterday's run while doing it--absolutely lovely. Half road, half trails, and when my time was up I added in another hour of walking so got some really lovely meditative time amongst the trees. So lovely. I just love how my brain just drops into the lovely meditative space after a run. The pain upon return home, on the other hand, was disappointing. But I have to remember that I got my bike for just that reason and will put it to some good use maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

Food choices were good yesterday.
Back pain completely gone. yay!

Back