Lift, Train, Fitness

I have never heard of one of those!

The tea garden host a Pig on the Spit Buffet meal during the full moon that they call "Howl at the moon" with local live music, craft beer brewed on the premises (son is the brewer) and a paddock next to the tea garden is available for patrons to pitch a tent or caravan so they don't drive home drunk.

so glad to see little miss sooo enthusiastic about sport

Watching the mens gymnastics on TV this arvo and little miss was trying to replicate the moves lol then got very cranky when advertising interrupted her viewing.

She also enjoyed watching the ladies TKD and the fencing. She did not like the Weightlifting or Handball

I will have to chromecast the Judo from my phone to the TV later as it won't be broadcast on the TV. I always have mixed feelings watching it realising I missed out on my chance for the Seoul games due to a career ending injury being told I could no longer do the sport. I don't know if my cousin is on the coaching staff this year.

Watching the mens gymnastics on TV this arvo and little miss was trying to replicate the moves lol then got very cranky when advertising interrupted her viewing.
:D That must have been gold! Watching the Olympics must be so much more impactful when you have such close ties to a sport.

First Biomechanics lecture done, straight into derivatives for the maths, handled it better than expected, rusty but came up with the right answers which makes me feel a bit less stressed about the subject going forward.

bit of a mind twist dealing with negative direction with increasing negative velocity and with anti-clockwise angular vectors being positive.

glad tonight lecture on human physiology is over, feeling stressed, my right triceps is twitching, I feel sick and my period started today. I need sleep and to hit my gym in the morning to de-stress.

I think little miss also felt my stress, as she insisted I have her charmander plushie on my desk during the lecture.

Made it through the first Biomechanics tute, finished the maths early, Physiology tute later this arvo. Lunch was tuna, no temptation to visit the uni food court when you are allergic to almost everything that is for sale.

Most of today has been spent studying physiology, it is an intense subject that I don't want to scrape by in. I think I am now on top of the week one material focused on homeostasis and the integumentary system. Also completed the lab quiz so I am ready for the wet lab next week.

Time to hit the gym to relax before doing some Biomechanics study later this arvo.

I hope you get offered a job at uni after you finish this. Your drive and background are amazing and it would be something of a waste of your knowledge and experience to "just" coach local athletes.

It is madness in town and on the roads.

All of the areas south of my region have just had strict lockdown announced, they are up here stripping shelves and creating road chaos with their big 4X4s that have never seen a dirt road and towing massive caravans.

I normally do basic shopping on Saturdays and I was lucky to get what I did, however I do have some veg in the garden that should be ready to harvest in a few days.

I have not received an e-mail from Uni yet, the campus is in the lockdown area.

I hate how people seem to go crazy with panic buying in a lockdown. Let’s hope this is contained quickly.

I hate how people seem to go crazy with panic buying in a lockdown. Let’s hope this is contained quickly.

yep, it is insane, the food shops will still be open yet at the same time fleeing here means risking a whole lot more areas. The highway was apparently at a standstill for 30+ km south of town about an hour ago and getting worse. clogged with idiots trying to get out of a 3 day lockdown.

Some juicy fines would be in order. How is fleeing a lockdown area not illegal?

A couple of things, I think the government gives too much notice ahead of the start of a lockdown, which gives time for a lot of people to get out before the deadline and secondly the fines may not be big enough to deter people, especially those who are wealthy.

hubby was out at a fire to the south yesterday and on the fire radio one unit was on the highway radioing through to fire control to ask of there was an accident on the highway because they were at a standstill. Even on the backroad where his truck was, there was a heap of traffic.

A lot of locals think there should have been a checkpoint on the highway rather than relying on city people to be honest but that still leaves a lot of backroads or simply driving up the beach which is also a road.

not much happening this morning, hubby is out all day participating in his rural fire crew leader course. Little miss is eating eggs and is very happy her chook has started laying. A training session and study are on the menu for this afternoon.

Back