Lift, Train, Fitness

We used to shoot with bows & arrows as young kids. I won’t go into too much detail. We were lucky we didn’t lose an eye or worse. We had so much fun as kids! There was no helicopter parenting then.

Little miss has bee a livewire today, but hubby is at the hospital ER with son 3 who has an inch long profusely bleeding cut on his lower lip and possibly mild concussing after martial arts tonight, at least he was wearing all his safety gear. His training partner is feeling really bad about it (Facebook messenger), just had to remind her that it was an accident in a full contact sport, hell the first thing I said to son when I drove in to pick him up from the class was "you should have ducked quicker"

Feeling tired and need a good nights sleep.

That would have really hurt. I split my lip down the middle once playing hockey. (I did stop a goal though). I hope he's ok today.

Hubby sat with son waiting at emergency for many hours, it was so busy people were waiting outside and in corridors, he came home without seeing a doctor. Drove him and his very fat lip to work this morning just to be sure that there is no residual effect from concussion. I am sure he will cop a bit of light hearted banter from workmates and bar customers through the day.

I will take him into town this arvo to get a dentist appointment, he needs a better mouthguard.

I will hit the gym shortly.

If the emergency room is that busy on a week night it can't be good. Hope he heals well regardless.

He seems ok, good thing mouth wounds heal quickly but is certainly big enough to have benefitted from stitches.

I have been trying to kick my brain into gear ready for start of semester next week, trying to remember how to do advanced trigonometry that I have not even looked at since my senior year of high school which was too many years ago to think about lol

I think most high school students look at advanced maths and think I will never use that and most would be right, now I need to use it.

I think I need to buy a new scientific calculator.

Exercise was a light workout in the gym

I think most high school students look at advanced maths and think I will never use that and most would be right, now I need to use it.
I rarely use the advanced stuff but the more basic things do often come in handy and it makes me feel very grown-up to be able to call on it (says the almost 41-y/o...)

I rarely use the advanced stuff but the more basic things do often come in handy and it makes me feel very grown-up to be able to call on it (says the almost 41-y/o...)

yep. basic maths gets used by this almost 49 year old on a regular basis, but the advanced stuff dealing angles and force are going to take a lot of refreshing lol

I would hate to think how tough I would find advanced maths now & Maths was one of my best subjects.

It has been a lazy day today.

Happy Brisbane will be hosting the Olympics, while I am in the Wide Bay, Uni etc, is on the Sunshine Coast where some events will be held.

I need to keep an eye out for Covid exposure sites, an infected flight attendant was on a flight into Hervey Bay which means some of those passengers could have visited places I sometimes need to go.

I'm so sick of the pandemic... And at this point non-vaccinated flight attendants sound like a liability for any airline.

Certain jobs should have different standards.

My mom works in a nursing home. She was fully vaccinated back in February and was getting the deep nose test twice a week for over a year.

I need to keep an eye out for Covid exposure sites, an infected flight attendant was on a flight into Hervey Bay which means some of those passengers could have visited places I sometimes need to go.
I hope you can see where these sites are & hopefully avoid them.
How’s your son?

I hope you can see where these sites are & hopefully avoid them.
How’s your son?
he is healing well, he has work tonight for the monthly howl at the moon pig on a spit night.

My mom works in a nursing home. She was fully vaccinated back in February and was getting the deep nose test twice a week for over a year.

Age care workers are the only ones where vaccination is compulsory here.

he is healing well, he has work tonight for the monthly howl at the moon pig on a spit night.
I have never heard of one of those!

Back