Lift, Train, Fitness

Yay for rain, even if things get muddy. What do you use comfrey for?

Comfrey is very rich in potassium, with some nitrogen and phosphorous, it is great in compost and you can make natural fertiliser with it. It is also great for bees. It is a herbal medicine, not that I have ever used it as such. Chickens love to eat it and Comfrey being low in fibre but high in protein is the ideal green to feed chickens promoting high levels of Vitamins A & B12 results in a rich yellow yolk.

Thanks, I only knew the bee part. Something to tell my dad, who´s currently very interested in natural plant medicine (ie medicine for plants, not medicine made from plants).

Bright sunny day, got outside this morning to spent time staking tomatoes and other veg which are going berserk. most of our driveway is bitumen but one section is slippery mud so won't be able to get the trailer with sleepers and blocks for the retaining wall up the hill until that section of driveway dries out a bit.

yesterday was spent loading and unloading timber sleepers and concrete blocks for the garden and retaining wall, followed by an evening meal of barramundi and calamari (cooked at home fresh with no coatings just seasoning)

today I have a followup appointment with my doc and find out about my x-ray.

I also received my final marks for my Uni Diploma (both Credits) finishing that qualification (Graduation ceremony is in October), making my continuation in the degree no longer provisional. One of my text books has arrived in the post (2 to go) lots of maths and formula to deal with in biomechanics.

I have the all clear for my heart and lungs all looking normal :hurray: an outcome which was not guaranteed after pneumonia, now just the long slog to rebuild strength and fitness.

Food: just had a snack of tuna before I head to the kitchen to cook lunch.

House smells of paint because hubby re painted the bathroom this morning while I was out at the doctors.

Concrete edging layed, old newspapers for weed control in place, rosemary hedge planted, mulch spread. Sleepers at the back of bed will be put in place tomorrow.

I don't buy newspapers so all of the newspaper used in the garden comes from my sons workplace where they have them for customers to read.

my hip is complaining, hopefully it will feel better tomorrow, arthritis is a horrible disease.

Arthritis is a bugger. Mine hasn’t got much worse over the years & I can only take Panadol Osteo as I’m allergic to the whole NISAID family of drugs.
It’s good that you can be so active. Your garden must be really starting to look great.

Arthritis is a bugger. Mine hasn’t got much worse over the years & I can only take Panadol Osteo as I’m allergic to the whole NISAID family of drugs.
It’s good that you can be so active. Your garden must be really starting to look great.

I will take a photo of the bed when the sleepers are in place.

the bits of the garden that have had work done are looking good, but our property as a whole needs a lot of work.

garden bed.jpg

D and I put in the sleepers for the new garden bed, Edging is still muddy from the rain, next I will need to backfill behind the sleepers as I flatten the next terrace up the hill. On the left you can see the tomatoes growing rampant in the wicking bed. The Gallipoli Rosemary is supposed to bush to 1 meter so should form a good hedge along the path.

The sleepers are termite treated playground safe and the pegs are recycled timber.

While hubby was cutting timber with the drop saw, I also spent time with little miss helping her to plant a pot with Flanders poppy seeds and a hanging basket with marshmallow flower seeds as a distraction because she loves to help build things.

Looking very promising: those tomatoes look very happy and rosemary that big will be a dream. Little Missy helping with building and planting is supercute as usual!

workout.jpg

Right shoulder feels to be locking up again, cannot measure myself but estimate 10-15 degrees short of full ROM, no pain, just no movement beyond lock point.

That sucks. Joints should just do what they're told already!

The human body is a very complicated machine unfortunately. I have received both my biomechanics text books in the post now, and I need to seriously refresh my maths skills lol

It sure is. Biomechanics is the coolest!

Back