Lift, Train, Fitness

Mixing up the tempo and exercises yesterday has certainly had an effect, I have full body DOMS this morning lol

Mixing up the tempo and exercises yesterday has certainly had an effect, I have full body DOMS this morning lol
Oh, OUCH!

Hey there Trusylver, good read! Love your gardening skills. Whilst skimming through I think you said something about the plant comfrey. Great Stuff for many uses but has been banned in someplace as those that don't know how to use it can kill. Said to cause sever liver damage. Being a medicinal herb of the ages is where some may get the wring idea about ingesting it. Mostly used for healing bones long ago; among other things. I love the plant myself. An amazing herb to create fertilizer. Another great one is called Borage. I only ever used it companion planting with what I regarded as good results. I always had bees and small garden wasps in my garden. The latter being a good sign for companion planting.

At any rate, Love the pics you have posts and always nice to meet another person with likeminded interests. I'll post my pics of the comfrey and what else I can find in my space so as not to take up too much of yours.

You sound very knowledgeable re the whole exercise thing as well. I too am just building up the strength and cardio frame work to smash out my next bout of weight loss. That said - I really do need to focus on maintaining given as when passing those decade lines past 50 means one's ability becomes less with the old on and off season mentality as too the risk for injury increases. Working on sustainability this time round. I have no choice really. My shoulder reconstruction is more likely not as good at the real deal.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and relate re the garden stuff and also get some inspiration from reading more of you.

Take Care
~ Dave.

I only ever used it companion planting with what I regarded as good results.

I while back I built the first of my swales on the hill below the house water tank, my comfrey is planted on the berm as ground cover underneath my pigeon peas which are currently covered in yellow flowers. I have the sterile variety growing there, but have viable seeds for the fertile variety of comfrey that I may plant out into pots today. It is a long slow process to improve the soils here, so most stuff I have growing other than veg and herbs are plants that improve soil quality.

Had a terrible migraine last night, but has improved this morning and I should be ok to coach strength and conditioning for the AFL tonight.

Todays tasks

Take comfrey seeds out of fridge and plant into pots.
go down to the gym (shed) and take some photos of portable fitness equipment to use in marketing
Do some lat pulldowns, mainly because little miss likes to sit on the weight stack to do "up-downs"
Pack car with the gear I will need tonight, mainly agility poles and ladder, ground is a bit wet still for the sled, may also pack in the sandbags.

Breakfast today was leftover roast pork, no apple sauce because I am out and need to make more to store in jars.

seeds1.jpg
seeds 2.jpg
seeds 3.jpg

Seeds planted in greenhouse, comfrey, coriander, wormwood and catnip. Passionfruit and pigeon peas soaking to be planted tomorrow.

I have struggled getting passionfruit to grow, if I can get this lot to sprout, I can plant the where they are protected by the established pigeon pea trees from the worst of the hot sun later in the year.

We really need a hothouse. I would love one.

I have a small one which little miss claims as hers lol, it has potted flowers in it. The other one is big enough to walk into and has shelves on each side. Both were quite inexpensive from Bunnings. I only really use it for getting seedlings started.

mixed day, did not make it down to the gym for "up-downs" or taking photos. Have spent a couple of hours outside with little miss, including a sword fight with bamboo garden stakes which suddenly became fishing rods when she thought she was no longer winning lol. car is packed.

This week I want to look into sourcing a large tyre, preferably a tractor tyre that I can transport in the trailer.

It has been a long inactive day today. I have spent all day typing risk assessments, policies and procedures, most of it is all common sense but it all still needs to be typed out for insurance. I have one policy to go, I have to provide a "pregnancy policy" which should be easy to get done and typed but I have had enough for today.

not feeling good tonight, little miss wanted pizza as a treat, I cooked one which was free of allergens, but the crust tasted a little over powering and the carbs in one slice was more than I would normally eat in a week, leaving me feeling sick in the stomach.

everybody else thought it was ok.

feeling better this morning, the carb overload being so far outside of my regular diet was not a good idea and a great reminder of why I stick to Keto.

Chased down a rumour this morning and was able to get an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine at a private doctors surgery in town next month, this is after being told there was no vaccine available by QLD health. I just have to be aware that I am at risk of an Anaphylactic reaction, but it has to be done, My GP has told me I would not survive if I get covid and I also need to be fully vaccinated to be able to do placements with QLD health as part of my Uni studies.

Chicken for lunch today, now to walk down to the Shed/Gym for a training session.

Tomorrow I have the renewal course for my first aid cert.

Congratulations on getting an appointment for a covid shot! I hope you won't react too badly. Do you generally do ok with vaccinations?

Image2.jpg

+ wobbly leg walk back up the hill to the house.

I don't usually post weights, however, bench was 60 kg (132 lb), Bent over rows 25 kg (55 lb), Torsinator throws 60 kg, Deficit deadlifts 100 kg (220 lb), medicine ball weighs in at 20 kg (44 lb).

Notes on tempo: the 3310 tempo on bench on paper looks not much different from a 1010 or 2020 tempo most often seen but after the slow eccentric phase and 3 second paused you are most certainly reaching maximal fibre recruitment on the explosive concentric phase with no top pause between reps.

I don't have the lab equipment for true Wingates but still a hell of a workout in a short time, at some point in my degree I will get access to the lab for doing Wingate testing with all the fancy equipment.

Playlist

Hungry like a wolf
electric avenue
Blue
Nikita
Final Countdown
Relax
Two tribes
Welcome to the pleasuredome (this one was playing during Wingate)

Congratulations on getting an appointment for a covid shot! I hope you won't react too badly. Do you generally do ok with vaccinations?

It has been a while since I needed any kind of vaccine and my allergies have become worse since then, I am aware of others with the same wheat allergy as mine going into anaphylaxis from the RNA vaccines. however the risk is worth it, because the doctor should have the appropriate contingencies in place for such a reaction.

Finished first aid renewal course.

Shot a few arrows this arvo with sons bow, It has been years since I have done any archery but his bow is a bit light on the draw for me, and for him also but him being a beginner the lighter bow was not a bad option when purchased.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything you can't do.

If you think about it, we all have more skills than we may initially think we have, I have never really thought of being able to shoot a bow as a skill, but rather something fun I grew up doing as a country girl along with shooting (small bore) riding horses and trail bikes, operating farm machinery etc. and it just being stuff everybody was expected to be able to do. Kids of my era and older like cate usually learned a lot of practical hands on skills where now it is more digital skills that are second nature. I was lucky enough that my mother was very progressive and I learned computer skills and programming when the early personal computers first became available because she could see it becoming an essential skill in the future and she was right.

Back