Let's Rock Motivation Club!!!!!!

Ah another good day! Just got back from biking and since the rain isn't suppost to come until the afternoon, my plans for tennis might still be on! WoOt! I hope everyone else has an equally awesome day.

Oh by the way...
Pictures I took this morning of my view of the sunrise ( despite photo-hogging clouds)
:)

S3T - the photos are beautiful. It must give you a real boost to see such a beautiful start to the day.

Lets stay active everybody! Though being Sunday, this is my rest day, so no workouts for me today. Does walking around the shops count, (actually hobbling, but dam it no broken toe is going to stop me wearing my favourite leather knee high boots:D )

I'm sure that counts! ^_^

I'm being extra active today, and my tennis friend wants me to go kayaking with her soon because she thinks I'm the only one of our friends that could be able to keep up, ( geeze that says a lot about our friends :p ). Tomorrow is my weigh-in day... lets hope all goes well. ;)

S3t - Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. You're doing really well:)

BTW I've just noticed that our start weights and goal weights are very similar!

What awesome scenery - such inspiration to be able to bike ride to such a beautiful place. Good luck on the weigh in. NAT

Went rollerblading, walking, playing tennis today. So great! I hope everyone else had an awesome day as well!!!

:D

Thats great!

I did my weigh-in this morning, am down 4 lbs this week. Weeee! Haven't done any exercise yet, but monday mornings are my sleep-in day. So I get up at 7am instead of 5am. I hope everyone does really well today, I know we can do it! ;) :D

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I did some house cleaning Sat, rode horse Sun, and going riding again today. Actually, my muscles are sore from riding, but since I probably won't be able to go until the end of the week, I'm going today. :)

have fun ntl i think all of you are rocking so good! I love this club and it is easier to keep up with everyone! lets rock everbody its a new week!!!!

How's everyone doing so far this week?

NTL - hope you have a great riding session.
S3T - its great how you enjoy all different type of activities and you always sound so positive. You inspire me to branch out and try some different types of activities. I wouldn't mind learning how to surf this summer or maybe do some surf ski-ing on the lake. I live on the coast between the beach and a large lake so either activities would be convenient:)

RNW - keep on rocking!

Oh I think that sounds like a ton of fun!Even if you try it out and find you don't really fancy it, at least you can say you tried it right!? :D I'm glad I help to inspire you, thats the whole point of this thread. Besides, I do like all sorts of activities because I can definetly see the difference in my weight and abilities after doing all these things.

Today I'm in rest mode so I'm only doing walking and biking today, tomorrow its back onto more activities. ^_^ -dances-

RNW: I love the new avitar btw. It seems to suit you especially for this room! I'm feeling pretty good with a new week ahead of me and everyone here seems to have a positive mindset!

I'm really hoping for a good week. I have really been struggling moving up and down each week between 267 and 270. But I've joined spark people and I am tracking my ww points! So I hope to report a better loss next week!

NTL: I have heard that horse back riding is great exercise but I never really understood why since it appears as though the horse is doing most of the work. You said your muscles are sore so I'm assuming you get a lot out of it. Just wondering.

aussie chick 20.5 that is super good. Wow! I bet you felt pretty good after that!

S3: way to go on your 4lbs! I'm envious and proud of you! Way to go!

Great thread/club! No exercise for me lately because I have been having a weird thing going on with my side of my abdomen. Long story, landed myself in ER, going through tests, yadda yadda yadda. But I am doing great on the eating and still losing weight-not giving myself excuses just because I can't do strenuous exercises at the moment. I'd like to pop in now and then if I may.

Last edited:
Oh go for it! Everyone in here is supportive and its great for motivation!

Come on everyone, lets do our best today!

Sorry did not get a chance to stop by sooner. Recently just having really hard time to find time to post and read the forum. Leaving for vacation this weekend, so if I don't pop in in next couple of days, hope everyone is doing great!

NTL: I have heard that horse back riding is great exercise but I never really understood why since it appears as though the horse is doing most of the work. You said your muscles are sore so I'm assuming you get a lot out of it. Just wondering.

Jenni: Horseback riding is a good cardio exercise and it works your core muscles (back, stomack) and legs, especially inner thighs. Really good riders look like they don't move at all, but in reality their bodies are so attuned to every step the horse makes and they compensate so quickly to give appearance of sitting without effort. In reality, when horse moves, their back moves constantly also and rider's muscles have to work constantly to keep body upright. Of course if the horse is walking only, you don't have to work as hard as when the horse is trotting/cantering. But for horse it is exercise also, of course.

Last edited:
NTL: Thanks for the info. So it's pretty much a strength training session everytime you ride. That is awesome. I always kinda wondered. I've never been on a horse but would love to be some day.

Beb: sorry to hear about the injury hope you are back to good healt soon. Glad to hear you are still losing though. And you can pop in anytime you would like. We can always use more support and there is always lost of support to go around just when you need it the most.

Back