Just get it done.

Poptarts would never have made the cut for my mom as a breakfast/meal. But then the only breakfast cereal I've ever eaten is cornflakes, as a snack, and that's over 30 years ago. I think it's scary how kids everywhere seem to get taught that breakfast time is a good moment for a sugary treat. Feeling old when I write that but I'm as happy I never got into the muffin/cereal/pancake breakfast habit as I am that I never started smoking. Not meant as criticism toward you: I just think it would be such a hard habit to break.

Poptarts would never have made the cut for my mom as a breakfast/meal. But then the only breakfast cereal I've ever eaten is cornflakes, as a snack, and that's over 30 years ago. I think it's scary how kids everywhere seem to get taught that breakfast time is a good moment for a sugary treat. Feeling old when I write that but I'm as happy I never got into the muffin/cereal/pancake breakfast habit as I am that I never started smoking. Not meant as criticism toward you: I just think it would be such a hard habit to break.
It really is. I bought a Keto recipe book at a dollar store on Thursday just for low carb breakfast ideas because I have no clue what to eat.

I actually bought the Pop Tarts for my son and I’m less strict because he is underweight and picky. Luckily, he barely likes them. He eats a little but I think it is too sweet for him to finish. He doesn’t even like jelly on toast.

Is he ok with peanut butter? Cheese toast with a bit of ketchup was the food of the gods when I was a kid. Also toasted bread with apple slices topped with a bit of sugar and cinnamon :p Ok, I was a very picky kid but also my mom was quite strict in what we got to eat. I probably would've munched my way through a whole box of poptarts!

Woke up at 5:30 forgot to set my alarm to 5, my goal is to wake up at 5 everyday.

Even then, I sat on the couch for about an hour and a half. Got up, did a 20 min workout. On my 5-10 min break before I do another 5 minute workout. Drank about 16 oz of water during my workout.

Afterwards, I'll wake up my son and go on a walk with him and my dog.

I just came back from trying to do that 5 minute workout and was a little discouraged. It was an arms workout that had a bunch of pushups and plank like variations. I have absolutely no strength to hold my body like that. I just gave up like 30 seconds in. I think I might try to do a different arm workout later today or some wall pushups/plank variations that will help me eventually be able to complete that video.

Once I can complete the video, I'll know for a fact that I'm stronger. <3

Last edited:
Once I'm complete the video, I'll know for a fact that I'm stronger. <3
That's the spirit! Most exercise videos are way harder than they need to be for beginners and use all kind of fancy moves - more to set them apart in the crowd than because they add anything. Don't feel bad about not being able to do what people do who make a living with being (or at least looking...) fit.

Hi, bunny. What sort of food does your son like? Most exercise videos I find really discouraging too. Why do you want to get up at 5? :eek:

Hi, bunny. What sort of food does your son like? Most exercise videos I find really discouraging too. Why do you want to get up at 5? :eek:
He really likes veggies and meats/fish. He likes sauced stuff too. Prefers butter over nutty spreads and sweet spreads. Crackers, pasta, etc. He's not really a bread fan but he'll eat in if it's very little. Because he can't talk, I guess it makes things a guessing game. But he's definitely gotten way less picky than he was two months ago but somehow he's still doesn't gain weight unless he drinks a nutritional shake for babies and kids.

I get home during the week at 20:00 because I get off at 18:00 and take the bus to get him and then to home. Even then, I'm more productive in the morning with cleaning and job trainings. After work, I just want to take care of him and sleep lol.

Liking veggies and protein is a great start and the fact that he's getting noticeably less picky in even such a short time sounds hopeful to me. Is he ok with fattier fish/meat? That could be an easy way to get extra calories into him.

Yesterday evening, I had a very late lunch that counted as dinner. I was able to convince my mom to try a vegan place. I'd never imagine that she'd agree 😝 I guess because she's had a stroke and was back in the hospital for four days this past week and learned through a scan that she had another stroke before that one that she didn't even know about. I'd argue that my mom is pickier than my son so this was definitely a win and she actually liked it.

She ordered a salad to be safe and I ordered a vegan tostada which I'd argue is just a hardshell open-faced taco. I gave her one and she liked it. 😆 Then she actually ordered a watermelon drink which I think was just blended watermelon with chia seeds in it.

I would've preferred if that was the last thing I ate but I had to get something different elsewhere for my son because the tostada was too spicy for him and I ordered a side of hushpuppies for me which is round balls of deep-fried cornmeal. I ate like 5 and threw the remaining three away. Then we went to the movies and my mom got nachos and she ate very little but I ate slighly more because I ended up holding them. It was terrible because I didn't even like the nachos lol I was just munching.

Liking veggies and protein is a great start and the fact that he's getting noticeably less picky in even such a short time sounds hopeful to me. Is he ok with fattier fish/meat? That could be an easy way to get extra calories into him.
Yes! The main problem is I don't really cook. But I'm slowly trying to change that.

How nice that your mom was open to try something new and enjoyed it! Taking off everyone else's food preferences is stressful so I'm not surprised you had a little more than planned.

Cooking is a habit, more than anything else. I used to hate it but now I'm ok. After a while you can even use it as a creative outlet.

I'm glad your son likes veggies & meat. Does he also like cheese? I love cheese, but it's high in calories & I try not to have too much. If he loves crackers then cheese & crackers with maybe some raw veggies cut into sticks would be a good meal for him. I used to do cold platters for my boys with cheese & crackers, celery & carrot sticks, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, grapes, cut apple or pear or whatever else I could think of. I love eating meals like this myself. Cold chicken is always good.

Back